Chargers fire Shotty!?!?!?!

Mackie2001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is one of strangest things I've seen in the NFL. The pressure will certainly be on Spanos and Smith. Bringing in a new HC also means a new system or at least tweaking the old one. I'd guess that the Chargers will be lucky next year to be 10-6.

It makes a person wonder how many poor decisions are made in the business world because of ambition and ego.

It's kinda like forums. People can't agree to disagree and let their heads get in the way of progress.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Marty is a great regular season coach. I was very surprised he still had his job right after the NE game. He'll get another job.

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
refpacker said:
Zero2Cool said:
refpacker said:
I got redirected to this thread........am I supposed to know about every thread on here??? I mean geez ...Why the lock???

no but if u look in the proper area you would have seen it posted :)

Again I bring up the same point........Who reads every post??????
Ur one to talk u posted about 50 threads all on randy moss....

Also Never said arrington was great...I'll repeat that one...

Trying to flip this against me is naive and childish. Be above that.

Again I say if you look in the proper area, you would have found this thread. I never said to read every post. I said to LOOK in the proper area.

Stop making more of it than it is and DO IT! :thumbsup:

DO IT, I'll tell u what I might do...Maybe I'll post 100's of repeat threads in there just to PO you........Oh wait yeah thats right, u already do that....

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
refpacker said:
Zero2Cool said:
refpacker said:
I got redirected to this thread........am I supposed to know about every thread on here??? I mean geez ...Why the lock???

Again I say if you look in the proper area, you would have found this thread. I never said to read every post. I said to LOOK in the proper area.

DO IT, I'll tell u what I might do...Maybe I'll post 100's of repeat threads in there just to PO you........Oh wait yeah thats right, u already do that....

PO? lol ... Me laughing at your ignorance is not upsetting me, its amusing me. btw, I'm not staff on this site, so i could careless, but im gonna point it out and laugh at you. ;)

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
refpacker said:
Zero2Cool said:
refpacker said:
Zero2Cool said:
refpacker said:

PO? lol ... Me laughing at your ignorance is not upsetting me, its amusing me. btw, I'm not staff on this site, so i could careless, but im gonna point it out and laugh at you. ;)

Me ignorant???? HAHAHA yeah right, u have no idea what I have accomplished.....Im not the one who can't read a thread about lavar arrington......U clearly stated I said lavar was great....Learn to read, get an MBA, and pass the bar..Then u can come and talk to me...Until then, keep typing away useless facts and theories on a packers forum...
:comp:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Me ignorant???? HAHAHA yeah right, u have no idea what I have accomplished.....Im not the one who can't read a thread about lavar arrington......U clearly stated I said lavar was great....Learn to read, get an MBA, and pass the bar..Then u can come and talk to me...Until then, keep typing away useless facts and theories on a packers forum...
:comp:
You are correct and I do have to apologize, you did NOT say LaVar Arrington was great. I did in fact misread your comment, hence why I QUESTIONED it. You instead of being polite with a response to my misreading, insulted me. Pretty mature there. But hey, who am I to talk?
I live in Wisconsin, why would I pass 'The Bar' ? I'd rather stop in! k thx. Learn to read? wtf for? then I'd be able to read your non sense, ;)

You like graphics? Hey me too!!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Facts are of course useless to those who can not comprehend what they mean, ahem ;)

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Neways 14-2 then fired is insane....Almost all of his losses were Miscues.....Nick keiding cost him his job...Two boched FG's in two years....He should be the one leaving.....Plus the fumble in side the 5 on the way to a TD when he was with the browns, I mean can Marty catch a break?

Obviously the fumble was not Marty's fault, but that's ancient history. The two missed field goals in the playoffs were both long attempts. The one two years ago was a long attempt because when Marty got within 47 yards, he shut down the offense rather than gaining more yards, which would've greatly increased the odds of making the field goal. The one they lost on this year was even longer, and was the result of a desperation drive in which the team had no time-outs because Marty had squandered two of them earlier in the half.

Good coaches put their players in the best position to win games. Marty did not do that in either one of his playoff games with the Chargers.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Neways 14-2 then fired is insane....Almost all of his losses were Miscues.....Nick keiding cost him his job...Two boched FG's in two years....He should be the one leaving.....Plus the fumble in side the 5 on the way to a TD when he was with the browns, I mean can Marty catch a break?

Obviously the fumble was not Marty's fault, but that's ancient history. The two missed field goals in the playoffs were both long attempts. The one two years ago was a long attempt because when Marty got within 47 yards, he shut down the offense rather than gaining more yards, which would've greatly increased the odds of making the field goal. The one they lost on this year was even longer, and was the result of a desperation drive in which the team had no time-outs because Marty had squandered two of them earlier in the half.

Good coaches put their players in the best position to win games. Marty did not do that in either one of his playoff games with the Chargers.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Nate Kaeding is a great kicker but if you're relying on him to win a game, especially a playoff game, you have to do what you can to shorten the field.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is a reason the Chargers have never won a Superbowl.

That is my point here and the pointing I am making here is right at the organization as a whole for letting a power hungry GM undermine a great coach.

Proper communication is is the key to any relationship, family relationships, work relationships. or even Packer Forum relationships (See above.)

The bottom line is this there was no communication between Marty and the soon to be fired silent man G.M.. I tend to believe Marty when he says that he tried and asked what he needed to do, or how he could open up the line of communication with the GM ( I am not even going to dignify that GM by mentioning his mame here.)

If you are in a very upper line of management you do not give your team leader the silent treatment. The silent treatment is what dysfunctional couples give each other in a bad marriage. It is childish.

I truly hope he gets his *** fired. Then he can give the silent treatment to his wife because somehow he will find away to blame her for the fact he is out of work.

Marty is a fine coach... and like Elway who everyone said could not win the big one, Marty may endure the loss of his job after a 14 and 2 season but one day go out as a coach with a couple of rings in a row.

Raider Pride.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You could be right about that GM, Raider Pride. I haven't known Marty to have problems with other GM's or owners, except Daniel Snyder, and every coach has problems with Snyder. But on the other hand, I can't condemn the GM without knowing what exactly happened between him and Marty. There has to be a reason, even if it's not a very good one, for him to have shut down communication with the head coach.

Marty is a better than average coach, and I almost always stick up for his teams, but he has choked too many times in the playoffs for it to just be bad luck. I would like to see him learn from his mistakes and win a championship someday, but until that happens, I will be skeptical of his abilities. I was relieved when he didn't get the Packer coaching job, although the guy we ended up with, Mike Sherman, turned out to be very similar.

Members online

Latest posts