1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Channing Crowder

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Favreforever721, Apr 23, 2005.

1. Favreforever721

Favreforever721 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I wasn't watching when it happened, but why the heck did we not draft Crowder with the 51st or 58th pick. He may be injured, but our d-fense is horrible. We need help with our drafts. But I did like Aaron Rodgers!

2. sixone220

sixone220 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    you can scratch your head and wonder with a lot of the rest of us

3. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    for channing crowder to be available for the Packers at both of their 2nd round picks, it was a dream scenario.

Channing Crowder is a project LB...only a soph in college, raw talent, needs time to develop...our LB core is filled out--Raynoch Thompson, Nick Barnett, Na'il Diggs--not that bad, the one position that is actually an upgrade. Anyway, Crowder wouldve had time to learn the ways of the defensive scheme and ease into middle linebacker and eventually move nick barnett outside.

Crowder has first round talent, was projected there for a long time, we were lucky to have him there and did not pull the trigger.

4. mattresell

mattresell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You say Crowder has raw ability but is a project. Sounds a lot like Torrance Marshall.j But based ont hat info you say it was ridiculous that we passed on him. What gives? Don't fall into the Mel Kiper way of thinking. no one knows if these guys are going to be good or bad. WE just have to sit back and see.

5. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    It's amazing how much credit Mel Kiper Jr gets. I msut seriously say if he had a talent at scouting potential draft picks, don't you think a team would have hired him by now?