Chad Johnson's Chart

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is a quote from the Cincinnati Post:

As reporters slowly left the Bengals' locker room, the box next to Al Harris' name on Chad Johnson's "Who covered 85 in 2005?" chart remained untouched.

He didn't see Harris, whom Johnson called the second-best cornerback in the league behind Champ Bailey, that much anyway. The Packers used at least four different defensive backs on Johnson during Cincinnati's 21-14 win Sunday.

Johnson - who was shadowed by Harris, Ahmad Carroll, Mike Hawkins, and Nick Collins - didn't feel like declaring a winner on his chart quite yet.

"I didn't like the situation with Al," said Johnson, who finished with five catches for 62 yards. "I didn't get the looks that I wanted to win the battle with him. It doesn't really count. I had a group of them all together. That's not really what I wanted."
Well can he say he had a good day or a bad day? On NFL.com they had his numbers as 4 catches 24 yards. He did the talking and had practiced a polka for his endzone dance that he could not perform.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheez....don't you get tired of these cocky receivers, Johnson....Owens....Keyshawn...Moss..etc. It seems to come with the position. You don't see RB's, QB's or linemen running their mouths. They actually risk getting hit every play. They know when to shut up. WR's and DB's are always running their mouths.....they're also the one's that get hit the least.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While it's great we could shut down a big-mouth receiver it would have been even better to come away with the win.

Hopefully the Packers can pull the same with T.O. in the Eagles game.

OP
OP
C

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, DePack I like to see when these guys talk themselves on a limb and the limb breaks.

To be fair Chad Johnson did say some nice things about Al Harris and from what I have read did not insult Al Harris. Sure he said it is tough to cover him but that was not bad.

But if you shoot your mouth off you should be accountable.

I expected a toasted Ahmed Carroll which Chad Johnson did not do.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing I know for certain is that if Nick Collins had a chart in his locker that said, "Who hit the sh*t out of #85 in 2005?", he could definitely mark YES.

I thought that was awesome because most WR's that talk trash are the same ones who catch a pass and duck to the turf to avoid any contace a la Randy Moss, but there was nothing #85 could do when Nick Collins had him in his sights.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really like the way Collins hits people we need that we need the receiver to knwon that a bullet is coming as soon as he grabs the ball, the receiver needs to worry not only about getting the ball but also about getting it, keeping it and covering it when the BIG hit comes.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I like Chad I used to think he was a punk but the more I listen to him the more level headed he seems. He does it to get attention (DUH) because he believes it forces him to be better or be humilated and when you think about it, its a smart idea. No matter who he 'insults' he always is the first to hug them after the game. Don't mention Chad with Randy or Terrell he's a knotch classier then those two combined could dream of.

OP
OP
C

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the Packers shutting him down, Chad Johnson of the Bengals has replaced his list of CB's in his locker. It is now replaced with a different list.

Chad takes down list.

The link above now is a list of preparation tasks.

Compliments to Jim Bates and the defense on ending a media item from a braggart.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
With the Packers shutting him down, Chad Johnson of the Bengals has replaced his list of CB's in his locker. It is now replaced with a different list.

Chad takes down list.

The link above now is a list of preparation tasks.

Compliments to Jim Bates and the defense on ending a media item from a braggart.
I like that our guys shut him down and he didn't even make any loudmouth lame excuses.
I'm going for a personal record here--- to have the last 4 posts.

Members online

Latest posts