1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chad Johnson

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Krazygangsta, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Krazygangsta

Krazygangsta Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  2. PackCrazed4

PackCrazed4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +187
    He's too much of a "me" player, all about being in the limelight... can't see him fitting in with our laid back, share the love, unselfish receivers

3. DoddPower

DoddPower Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!

Ratings:
    +54
    not gonna happen.

4. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm guessing the Bengals would ask for one of our two young WRs, probably Jennings + day 1 draft pick(s).

That is TOO much for Johnson. And we really don't have a need for Chad; Driver is our #1, every one of our current WRs knows that and respects it. Johnson wouldn't, he's too much trouble.

I'd stay the heck away. This isn't Madden, team chemistry amongst players and coaches means a lot.

5. Packers_Finland

Packers_Finland Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That would be a dream come true, but I doubt he would fit here. Chad is my favorite non-Packer in the NFL, but he's all about himself, unlike most in our team.

6. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Thas true.....if he was a TEAM player, i'd say try for him. But if we have to give up Jennings, i'd say NO WAY!!!!!

7. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I wouldnt mind CJ, as long as we kept GJ and company.

8. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I don't know alot about him, but he plays hard. He likes to "show" alot, but i think it's just his personality, and not a bad attitude.
    He IS talented.

9. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    CJ tries, all the time. No 'taking plays off' crap. He really cares about winning. Last year the media tried to make it look like he was imploding and being a cancer when the Bengals were losing, but he wasn't. At all. It was the worst reporting I've ever seen in my life. Yeah he's flashy and likes to do his celebrations, but with all he does on the field, I'll live with him attempting to entertain the fans after a TD.

He's not a cancer like TO, and he's not lazy like Moss, and he's at their level as far as talent goes. Gimme CJ over TO or Moss any day.

10. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I agree Trom.
    You summed up what i was trying to say quite nicely! :D

11. Packers_Finland

Packers_Finland Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Shame he hasn't gotten that many TD catches this year, (that I've seen in NFL.com recaps =D). I really love the endzone celebrations.

12. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    Chad Johnson is a productive WR and isnt even close to a cancer. Teammates love him. He just wants out because he doesnt see that much more potential in that Bengals lineup. and i would have to agree with him.

I would take Ocho Cinco on this team anyday... as long as we dont have to give up any of our current core. Maybe James Jones and a first day pick??

Anyway, on local radio here the other day... Chad was being interviewed by the Charlotte media at the Super Bowl. and said 85 + 89 = Super Bowl.

Which means Steve Smith and CJ on the Panthers squad. While i must admit that that would be a significant WR corp... they still wouldnt sniff the Super Bowl. But they went to school together for a while and are really good friends so it is def a possibility.
    Can you imagine those two mouths together on one team. Jesus help us.

13. Hammer

Hammer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't want him. I was going to post about Ocho earlier in the week after I heard his interview. Donald Driver was interviewed the day before.
    My post was going to be something like:
    "thank God for guys like DD, because after listening to Ocho, the difference between the two is day and night, and I'm glad we have DD and not Ocho".

14. Bertram

Bertram Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I think the Patriots will get him, lol..

15. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Agreed.

16. BryanAschenbrenner

BryanAschenbrenner Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Trom is right, Chad's "me" attitude is almost 100% media driven.

17. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :agree:

18. vbpackerbacker

vbpackerbacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Are you out of your FREAKING MIND?
    Me, Me, Me, That's all he's about!
    Definatly NOT Packer people.
    GO PACKERS!!!!

19. HOOK

HOOK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He just told Mark Packer of the "Primetime with the Pacman" show, a local sports talk radio show here in Charlotte and surrounding areas, that ocho-cinco and ocho-nueve (Steve Smith) = SuperBowl for the Panthers too. He's doing everything he can, pulling the Rosenhaus antics, to get out of Cinci. Pac's show has been in Arizona for the SB all week and I think Chad has been talking to every show that will have him on. To me, it's an embarrassment for the Bengals who already have enough to deal with and it's not something I want us dealing with either.

20. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Like i said......all i know about the guy is what i have seen on TV. I didn't know about anything else. THANKS Hook for adding some more info on him for me!

21. HOOK

HOOK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The dude has got phenomenal talent, to say the least. And he's never really caused many problems in the past that I know of. I just wish players would shut their cakeholes, show up for camp, and play out their contract that "they" signed for a change.

22. Gattocheese

Gattocheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He has talent, but we would be paying a #1 WR salary for CJ when he would be put at #2 or #3 position.

23. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Not likely. If he came to camp, with the understanding he had to 'earn' his spot,etc,etc....he'd beat Driver and GJ easily. CJ is good. Very good.

24. favre2driver

favre2driver Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We really don't need him. Drive will be good for 3-4 more years and Jennings will develop into a star receiver. James Jones will also be a top receiver in 2-3 years.

25. BryanAschenbrenner

BryanAschenbrenner Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Greg Jennings will turn into a Marvin Harrison (even though different style) and James Jones will be our Reggie Wayne.