1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Cell Phones Pop Popcprn.

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Raider Pride, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Watch this video... This is scary.

Think about this my Packer Forum freinds....

OJ Simson Attorney Johnny Cochrane died of a brain tumour, and he was known to have a cellphone plastered to his ear for hours on end every day.

http://www.koreus.com/video/telephone-portable-mais-popcorn.html

If Johnny made a death bed statement, I am sure it was....

"If the kernel starts popping, you must stop talking!"

R.P.

R.P.

2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I like that, but think it should rhyme more, as in:
    "If the kernel starts poppin', you soon be droppin'!" :lol:

Now....i don't doubt that there are many things cell phones, and say microwave ovens do to those that over use them. I only use my cell phone rarely, so i don't think i have to worry. But i bet 50 years from now they will have all kinds of evidence as to what these devices do to us. that they don't know now.
    Even the drugs they push on us will show to have MAJOR problems that we don't see........yet. Every day i see TV commercials pushing this drug or that drug. Yes, they do "tests", but none of them are long term enough to REALLY determine whats ok or not ok.
    JMO of course.

3. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  4. NodakPaul

NodakPaul Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Correct. Also, most of the videos that show them actually working are posted by the same person - even though they are supposedly in several different countries around the world.

This is just some kind of viral smear campaign against cell phones.

5. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    the table is metal. They just heat up the table to make the popcorn pop.

6. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I hate cell phones. They are probably the worst invention of the 20th century.

People who drive and use cell phones plain out suck. I've almost been clobbered on more than one occasion by people not paying attention to the road because they're deep in conversation.

The other thing that sucks is cell phones and social situations, especially college. When I was in college, between classes was a great time to meet girls. Nowadays, the very second they pop out of a class, they're on a cell phone. WTF!

The younger generation will have much less people skills because of cell phones. You may have all seen that video of Brian Urlacher on a date with Paris Hilton and he's trying to talk to her, but her phone goes off and she immediately pops it open and completely ignores him. I've seen that happen all the time.

As much as I hate cell phones (and no, I don't own one), they do not cause cancer.

7. djcubez

djcubez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The times they are a changin'

But seriously, it's just like when Radio's first came out, and than TV, and than the computer. Some people will dislike it, other's will like it but either way, the popularity of the device changes the way people operate in the current world. Consider this; 25% of adolescents (ages 13-19) use either text or instant messaging to ask another out, or break up with them. Now I consider that just plain rude/lazy and I turned 20 two days ago.

8. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Reminds me of the old bit from SNL Weekend Update along the lines of

"Scientists report that saliva has been found to cause cancer. However, only if swallowed in small amounts over a long period of time"

9. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    :yeah:

10. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Oh....how true!
    They are good....when used properly. Unfortunatly, most people don't use them properly.
    A couple days ago on TV they showed a 15 year old girl who sends 500 text messages a day! Now....tell me that that won't affect her health. Always bent over looking at her phone, with probable carpal tunnel in her future.
    Thats misuse for certain. I have seen people text message each other.....while they both were in the same restaurant! There is no real communication anymore. The girl that sends 500 a day probably couldn't sit down and have a conversation with a person. She doesn't know how.

11. packerfan22

packerfan22 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I was in my english class about 3 years ago(wow I feel old now...) and their were these two girls who used to IM each other when they wanted to go out and get drunk. THEY LIVED NEXT DOOR to each other. What you can't walk the two feet to the next room and ask them if they want to go out. Hell just open the door and shout you don't even have to get up. They were capable of talking also because thats how I found out about this, they were bragging about it.

Though...I will admit to me and my roommate trading IM's my freshman year and we could reach out and slap each other if we wanted to. We just didn't ever communicate which ended up with him moving at the end of the year.

Last semester in Child psychology a girl was sending text messages in the middle of class and the phone wasn't on vibrate so it would beep with every keystroke and then ring when she got a responce. I just about slapped her...it drove me up the wall. I really really wish the teacher would have done something but she ignored it. Then when the final came she got a phone call right in the middle of the test, didn't get up and answered the phone....and then proceeded to talk on the phone for about 15 minutes. Again the professor didn't do anything but thankfully someone finally took the phone, broke it in half, and then gave her 1/2 of the phone back.

12. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    A teacher SHOULD have confiscated the phone, gave it back to her at the end of the class, and told her if it happens again she won't get it back, period.

13. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Huh? What? The teacher should risk getting sued for causing emotional distress and arrested for theft of personal property?? Not to mention loss of educational opportunity for the rest of the class while they persecuted the poor child? Geez, leave the cellphones in class where they belong!! :roll:

14. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    that was actually an old george carlin bit.

15. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, I stand corrected. Maybe I saw Carlin do the bit on SNL :-?

16. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Yeah i know.....take a kid's cell phone away, and they won't know what to do with the 8 or so hours they waste on them every day!

17. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Stuff like this is exactly what I'm talking about. I almost saw some idiot pedestrian get hit the other day. The moron was talking on the cell phone and walked right into the street. The driver slammed on his brakes and missed him, and the pedestrian had the audacity to give the driver a dirty look. He did not have the white man either, the driver completely the right of way.

EDIT: For those of you how don't have these kind of stoplights, we have a regular stop light and a pedestrian stop light. The white man means you can walk, the red hand means you can't walk.

18. Timmons

Timmons Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    This takes away from their ability to communicate effectively in person. I tend to hate distractions including phones. I fall in the 'phone breaker' category. I won't tolerate it. Fortunately for me, I play the part of a$$hole well.

19. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I'm glad you clarified that Zombie!!!! :lol:
    I can see you.........standing at a crosswalk for hours.........saying to yourself "WHEN the HECK is the "blackman" gonna come up so i can cross this dang street!?!?!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: