1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Cell phone ringtones

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by all about da packers, Aug 29, 2006.

1. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I just got a new phone, the motorola V710, and I am friggin struggling to set an audio clip I sent myself from another phone as my ringtone. :-?

Can someone help? I think it may be the different format of the clip I sent that won't let me set it as a ringtone.

2. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't have a clue......but my Verizon came with the University of Montana fight song and that's what I set it to.

3. thetombradyhater

thetombradyhater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    No tengo una telephono cellular

4. neilfii

neilfii Hall of Fame Fan

Ratings:
    +714
    My son is getting sort of tired of his ringtone (Porter's interception of Favre in the NFCC game). Anyone got any good clips of McCarren, etc. that would make for good ringtones?

5. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307
    Ok, here is a HUGE gift that my teenage daughter turned me onto.. Go to this site-

Ringtones, MP3s, Wallpapers, Videos and more from Myxer.com

You can get free mpegs at free online sites of your favorite tunes, load them, edit them and then you can personalize them for each person on your phone.

So now, when I hear the mpeg of a pheasant cackle, I know it is my hunting buddy, when the U of Iowa fight song plays, I know it is my youngest daughter, when "Sympathy for the Devil" plays, I know it is my mother in law...

Start by going under the "Ringtones" tab, scroll down to "Make your own" and have at it.

Pretty cool huh, and completely free....holler at me if you have any questions, I'll walk you Packer fans thru it...( no worries, even an old codger like me could figure it out!)

• Like Like x 1
  6. neilfii

neilfii Hall of Fame Fan

Ratings:
    +714
    Thanks OSF. Please don't think I am ungrateful, I do appreciate the hook-up, but I think my kid has the program to make the ringtone, I was wondering if anyone had the actual audio clips like Larry McCarrens' "There's your Super Bowl dagger!" or a good place to find a bunch of them.

7. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307
    No problem neilfii, if you find those audio clips, or perhaps any old school clips, like from say, the Ice Bowl...let us all know!

8. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    I LOVE personalizing my ring tones. My X is Good, Bad & The Ugly. ha ha. I went to the suggested web site and don't see how it's free. I get my new iphone in about 2 weeks. Maybe I'll ask for you help at that time. Thanks for the tips.

9. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307
    You google "free mp3 music". Like "Free mp3 Sweet home Alabama".Once you find what you are looking for, save the mp3 to your computer and then go to "create your own ringtone" using their free software, and then when you are done editing it, you text the ringtone to yourself.

The trick is finding the free mp3, but they are out there!

Hope it helps, you can start searching for your music now, that's the hard part. You can have all of your mp3's ready and saved before your phone gets there. Let me know if I can help anymore.

10. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    Thank you, OSF. You're the best. :)

11. Darth Garfunkel

Darth Garfunkel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +495
    • Like Like x 2
  12. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307
    Aw shucks, anything for you GBG, why I 'd jump thru a tissue paper wall to help a fellow Packer fan, you know that!

• Like Like x 1
  13. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307
  14. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307
  15. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,099
    its always funny to be in a formal setting and then hear some cheesy ringtone start up. I remember being in acct class when a girls phone went off with a lil john ring tone.