Casting call for Cheeseheads in Green Bay

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Just received this in my email and thought I would pass it along for any of you in the Green Bay area.

Casting Call for Cheeseheads TV Series in Green Bay 12/6 Hi Jennifer,

I am a casting associate with Good Clean Fun, a television production company in Los Angeles, we currently produce “Tia and Tamara” on Style, and have done “Life of Ryan” and “Run’s House” on MTV. Our newest project is a television series about Cheeseheads and are searching for our cast of Packers Fans. Although I know you’re not in Green Bay, our producers are heading out there this Thursday, December 6th for a casting call searching for the biggest, enthusiastic, self-professed #1 Packer Fans that were born to be on television.

I was hoping you may want to pass long this information to the members in the Temecula Valley Packer Club as they may have family and friends back in Green Bay that would be interested in this opportunity.

All information about the casting call as well as the form to RSVP is at cheeseheadcasting.com.

Thank you in advance for your help! Don’t hesitate to get in touch should you have any questions.

Best regards,
Kjerstin Johnson
Casting Associate, Good Clean Fun
[email protected]
310-842-9300 ext. 267

The Rivalry

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the event that this is even legit, I can't wait to see what a west coast based TV production company's interpretation of a true Packer fan is. :rolleyes:

H

HardRightEdge

In the event that this is even legit, I can't wait to see what a west coast based TV production company's interpretation of a true Packer fan is. :rolleyes:

Since it is a reality TV show, the odds would have it featuring familial strife, narcissistic personality disorders, addiction, new wealth, knuckleheaded behavior and/or amazing adventures with wild animals. Lots of green and gold will be splashed around. On the plus side, I'd expect man caves and cheese bras to be prominently featured.

Seriously, if anybody expects a show that illustrates the best of midwestern values or the virtues of fandom as a binding force in the community, you might be disappointed. That would be quite a departure from the wasteland of reality TV.

I'm thinking we'll get a drunken family dispute over who gets the playoff tickets, perhaps while deer hunting (or whatever is in season). Perhaps a shocking tailgate disclosure that Melissa is carrying Horst's baby, and whether said baby should wear Purple or the Green & Gold. Mayhem ensues.

You'd have to assume they'll be scouting the game day parking lot for colorful characters.

The Rivalry

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since it is a reality TV show, the odds would have it featuring familial strife, narcissistic personality disorders, addiction, new wealth, knuckleheaded behavior and/or amazing adventures with wild animals. Lots of green and gold will be splashed around. On the plus side, I'd expect man caves and cheese bras to be prominently featured.

Seriously, if anybody expects a show that illustrates the best of midwestern values or the virtues of fandom as a binding force in the community, you might be disappointed. That would be quite a departure from the wasteland of reality TV.

I'm thinking we'll get a drunken family dispute over who gets the playoff tickets, perhaps while deer hunting (or whatever is in season). Perhaps a shocking tailgate disclosure that Melissa is carrying Horst's baby, and whether said baby should wear Purple or the Green & Gold. Mayhem ensues.

You'd have to assume they'll be scouting the game day parking lot for colorful characters.
I would have listed all of the above, because those characteristics are the driving force behind every "reality" show out there. Not sure if it's that genre though. 99% chance that it is and they're hiding behind a name like "Good Clean Fun". As far as scouting for "real Packer fans" ....I'm sure that if they don't find any they'll take the arrogant liberty of making some up. After all, they're hollywood and just like the east coast, they know more about us than we know about ourselves. We're so lucky that they've decided to shine their spotlight on us :rolleyes:

H

HardRightEdge

I forgot to mention...being a regular on a reality show could eventually pay pretty well.

Secondary characters on reasonably popular shows, like Housewives of New York, get $20,000 per season. The top reality star, Nene on Housewives of Atlanta, gets paid $1 mil per season.

I only know this stuff because my darling wife watches this crap and my innate curiosity about the $ aspects behind how things work.

On the other hand, it might disrupt your day-to-day activities, pay crap, prove to be permanently and publicly embarrassing for anybody with the slightest sense of shame, and generally ruin your life.

Due diligence and risk/reward evaluation would be in order.

The Rivalry

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I forgot to mention...being a regular on a reality show could eventually pay pretty well.

Secondary characters on reasonably popular shows, like Housewives of New York, get $20,000 per season. The top reality star, Nene on Housewives of Atlanta, gets paid $1 mil per season.

I only know this stuff because my darling wife watches this crap and my innate curiosity about the $ aspects behind how things work.

On the other hand, it might disrupt your day-to-day activities, pay crap, prove to be permanently and publicly embarrassing for anybody with the slightest sense of shame, and generally ruin your life.

Due diligence and risk/reward evaluation would be in order.
I suppose if you have no other options, selling out to a group of storyline writers,directors, and producers wouldn't threaten your dignity. Course, nobody can threaten what you don't have to begin with. Reality TV is just such a vast wasteland with zero redeeming value that I'd hate to see True Packer fans and Packer mania in general associated with it in any way.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I'm with 'crazed4' above. My son did some time at Second City in Chicago and I'm not even going to SHOW him that link - and he'll be at the game on Monday night.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This is disheartening, I can already see the mocking depiction of our fans put in the same light as Dance Moms and Toddlers and Tiaras. Please, for the love of Vince Lombardi, Packer fans, turn these people away.

some have already talked to them on the phone LOL

H

HardRightEdge

Maybe they just slap a cheesehead on a Honey Boo Boo lookalike and call it a good.

The Rivalry

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe they just slap a cheesehead on a Honey Boo Boo lookalike and call it a good.
I would guess that they'll make a half hearted attempt at finding what they think would be the best representation of a Packer fan. If they don't find what they're looking for, they'll create a few over-the-top, outrageous characters like what you've mentioned above. Such a shame because an accurate portrayal of Packer fans and the Organization is far more interesting than anything they could come up with. JMO and stepping off the soapbox now.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
The local news showed some of those that showed up .... it ain't gonna be pretty if it hits the air waves...I can assure you of this. It's not surprising but I'm putting my money on this thing being a complete and utter embarrassment to Packers fans everywhere and to the State of Wisconsin as a whole.

There are those who would claim that the kitsch is cute and heartwarming ... me? ... not so much.

The Rivalry

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The local news showed some of those that showed up .... it ain't gonna be pretty if it hits the air waves...I can assure you of this. It's not surprising but I'm putting my money on this thing being a complete and utter embarrassment to Packers fans everywhere and to the State of Wisconsin as a whole.

There are those who would claim that the kitsch is cute and heartwarming ... me? ... not so much.
I get where you're coming from and to an extent I agree. One thing is certain, the producers of this tripe will make zero attempt at conveying to their viewers the tongue-in-cheek and somewhat self deprecating humor that goes along with the kitsch. I.E.- we know who we are and we're proud enough and secure enough in who we are to poke fun at ourselves and have some fun with it. But I can imagine it now. They'll invent a character who has a cheese fetish that has actually incorporated cheese into his sex life. No doubt out of the can cheese spray just to add insult to injury!

UCSB616

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Part of this was filmed at my tailgate last night. It was annoying and horribly staged, down to the producers telling the people involved what to say and do. Essentially it was them getting a group of people belligerently drunk and doing stupid things. It will be a shameful depiction of what really goes on at games that will be littered with stereotype. It was really sad.

The Rivalry

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Part of this was filmed at my tailgate last night. It was annoying and horribly staged, down to the producers telling the people involved what to say and do. Essentially it was them getting a group of people belligerently drunk and doing stupid things. It will be a shameful depiction of what really goes on at games that will be littered with stereotype. It was really sad.
Shocker- Once again appealing to the lowest common denominator. You gotta wonder how those who produce such crap sleep at night.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm so afraid of this show. All reality TV shows paint people in such bad light. It's all taken out of context. I really don't want to be the next reality tv darlings. I think we should boycott.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Well, with any luck at all, this thing will never make it to broadcast ... dying the ignoble death it so richly deserves.

Members online

Latest posts