Casey Matthews

Fundamentals

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guy is in his Senior Year and playing for a championship caliber college team right now. He's 1 inch and 20 pounds away from being identical frame to his older brother. TT has got to be considering drafting him, right? Imagine the duo blitzing from each edge or attacking the same side!!!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Just cuz he is his brother doesnt mean they are looking at him

But if they scout him and like what they see, then yeah take him..But take on his skills not his name

OP
OP
Fundamentals

Fundamentals

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both brothers were coached by their father in High School and could have similar skill sets. Just sayin, I hope he gets a look by the staff

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hes a solid player, but no where near the stud his brother was or is. I could easily see him going undrafted, and only as high as maybe a late 3rd. 9 sacks over 4 seasons, and the ducks arent known for playing powerhouse offenses. He should have been getting 5-6 a season off of lineage alone.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Just to clarify

Not saying he isnt good, not saying he cant be as good..

But let his play speak for itself

I seen the Brett *** slobbers begging for Dylan Favre to be picked up by the Vikings or Packers

Dont want us to be compared to them lol

animalmother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUz2o2a_OXA]YouTube - Oregon linebacker Casey Matthews Highlights[/ame]

I want that.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Hes a solid player, but no where near the stud his brother was or is. I could easily see him going undrafted, and only as high as maybe a late 3rd. 9 sacks over 4 seasons, and the ducks arent known for playing powerhouse offenses. He should have been getting 5-6 a season off of lineage alone.

Clay had a total of 94 tackles and 2 FF 5 sacks and 0 INT in his entire college career and yet he was drafted in the 1 st round.

Casey has 228 tackles 0 FF 9 sacks and 4 INT what makes you think that he would go undrafted really???

Casy will go in the top 3 rounds for sure he may even go in the first like his bro did.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been thinking about this too. How awesome would it be to have both of them lined up on our D? Trouble is it will not be easy to get him in the draft. I'm not talking about his lineage, or the fact that Clay got overlooked somewhat in the draft, but Casey himself has been no less than outstanding for the ducks. Somebody is going to scoop this Duck up quickly in the draft. I still hope T.T. has his eye on him, but it might not be up to T.T.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clay had a total of 94 tackles and 2 FF 5 sacks and 0 INT in his entire college career and yet he was drafted in the 1 st round.

Casey has 228 tackles 0 FF 9 sacks and 4 INT what makes you think that he would go undrafted really???

Casy will go in the top 3 rounds for sure he may even go in the first like his bro did.

To be fair to Clay, he didn't play his entire college career. At that he was a walk on. so based upon that, those stats are impressive.

Reaction score

Clay played 1 year as a starter i don't know how much casey has played

OP
OP
Fundamentals

Fundamentals

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Casey didn't play every game of his first two seasons. Came off the bench and had some minor injuries but eventually improved to be the full time starter during his Junior Year.

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let me rephrase after reading what I wrote earlier, as I was reading stats from a site that doesnt track across the board. He will NOT go undrafted, but is easily a player that will slide past his spot, not before it.

would love to have him here, dont think anyone will jump on him in the 1st or 2nd though. That alone may allow us to take a late 3rd round flyer on him, though that would be high. All depends on how we proceed with Barnett and Hawk this offseason.

I just dont see him as an upgrade to either of these 2 listed above, and unless he can be had in the 3rd or later, I would more than likely pass.

Sorry.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
The reasonable me says take him where he's valued, and if he's worth it at that spot.

The irrational me says take him in the first round so we can have A MATTHEWS BULL RUSH!!!

Favre4Ever

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I was just going to mention this, so thanks for doing it for me. Nobody really has him projected into the first round. He is looking at somewhere in the 2nd-3rd range before his pro day, combine, etc... I think ILB will be high on our list of needs, especially after we trade AJ Hawk. So it all comes down to Ted's uber drafting ability...

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So i had the Auburn-Oregon game on but not 100% paying attention to it.

Was browsing the forum making a few posts, so i obviously saw this thread...

literally had NO IDEA he was playing for Oregon right now until i heard his name on his forced fumble. lol. i thought it was funny, so now im making this post...lol

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Someone posted on the shout box that when they saw Clay coming at him he probably wet himself...

Now imagine 2 of them comin'atcha!!!! :blink:

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts