Carroll Gone

dmelby

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on training camp Greg. I think it's another example of Carroll's character. We have all heard his eloquence, and observed his play. I agree two years in the league and he will be bagging groceries instead of receivers.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
pyledriver80 said:
A-Rod played in College to. Hawk is a ??????. If you watched Hawk last night you wouldn't say he was Good. He looked pretty bad last night.

I think Hawk will pan out but I thought Mandarich would to. You can't judge an NFL career by College games and 4 regular season games so I agree with the ????? assessment

You should be burned at the stake for putting those two in the same sentance.

Mandarich was a bloated steriod infused idiot. Hawk is the real deal and you know it.

Pyle is just saying that after 4 games in the NFL, you can't say say that a player is good. If you could, then you would easily be able to say the MM is a terrible coach, and TT is a horrible GM, having several seasons under his belt. Pyle simply calls it realistically. He even said that he thinks Hawk will be good.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
Yared-Yam said:
pyledriver80 said:
A-Rod played in College to. Hawk is a ??????. If you watched Hawk last night you wouldn't say he was Good. He looked pretty bad last night.

I think Hawk will pan out but I thought Mandarich would to. You can't judge an NFL career by College games and 4 regular season games so I agree with the ????? assessment

You should be burned at the stake for putting those two in the same sentance.

Mandarich was a bloated steriod infused idiot. Hawk is the real deal and you know it.

Pyle is just saying that after 4 games in the NFL, you can't say say that a player is good. If you could, then you would easily be able to say the MM is a terrible coach, and TT is a horrible GM, having several seasons under his belt. Pyle simply calls it realistically. He even said that he thinks Hawk will be good.

I'm glad someone gets it!

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
tonytokes said:
KS next please.

thank you.

Yes, please get rid of KS.

I see so much potential in this young team. Hawk, Collins, Kampman, Spitz, Jennings, etc., are all kids. Give them time to mature and you'll see real good players.

No, not this year, but in one or two more years. Don't worry folks, with a few changes, we'll be back in the Playoff hunt in a few years. As Packer fans, we've been spoiled by having such a long run of excellence. Have patience all.

NICE! Thanks for the optimism, zombie. I agree, and think it's great that I'm not just ridiculous in my similar thinking.

And back to topic, I think wouldn't be surprised if Oakland picked him up. They love character guys, and Holding #28 is all about character. :lol:

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would have kept #28 just to cover punts. Seemed like he was in on almost every tackle.

tano1998

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carrol

Guys, it has to be another thing with his dismissal, I watched the game yesterday and all games he played. He's a turd and a mediocre player, but you dont kick a 1st rounder just like that...Any comments?

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boy is it frustrating to see another #1 pick flushed down the toilet.

We all know that the pick raised a lot of eyebrows. I was willing (to a point) to buy into the line that he just needed time. That we don't do as much scouting and watch as much film as the so called experts. That he had more potential than other CB's on the board. And that he would out produce those other guys.

I don't know about anyone else but I am tired of management taking a flyer in the 1st and 2nd rounds. Those two picks should be can't miss locks when they pick them.
If they want to experiment nd waste a draft choice they should do that in the 5-7th rounds.

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Carrol

We gave the guy all the opportunites in the world to show us something, and he never did. He constantly was getting beat and/or holding the receiver. He's got a lot of upside no doubt, just not on this team. A change of scenery will help him out, I think.

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tano1998 said:
mkapp, the list is updated? I see very interesting names

It doesn't seem very up to date to me, Ty Law appears to be available but he was signed by the Chiefs months ago.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score

tano1998 said:
Guys, it has to be another thing with his dismissal, I watched the game yesterday and all games he played. He's a turd and a mediocre player, but you dont kick a 1st rounder just like that...Any comments?

I think it was to send a message -- in particular to Harris and Woodson -- that they either get their heads on straight or pack their bags. Carroll gave the Packers a perfect opportunity with his play Monday to make an example of someone who was high profile (1st Round and past starter) without adversely affecting the team. And maybe, they have someone coming in off either our practice squad or someone else's -- players who have shown some potential in TC but were left out in a numbers game. Or Blackmon is ready to come in.

BairesPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

tano1998 said:

Agree. Should be traded for any pick....Anything > 0

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ooh, Plummer is still available.

Also, TT should have signed Ty Law instead of Woodson.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Maybe by chance he said something behind closed doors to the coaches and that was the final straw??

BairesPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

tano1998 said:
baires packfan?? de donde? pense que era el unico...

Buenos Aires obvio. Vos de dónde sos?
No, no sos el único, aunque no hay muchos más...al menos de los Packers.
Si vas a encontrarte a otros hinchas de "equipos de moda" (Patriots, Eagles, Steelers, Cowboys por ej.), pero no muchos de GB.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

jsonline.com:

Two years of being slow to take coaching, reluctant to take responsibility for his mistakes and constantly in dispute with the officials put Carroll in a hole. His lack of maturity was most evident in his relationship with fellow rookie cornerback Joey Thomas during the 2004 season.

Thomas was jealous of Carroll being given a starting job and often intimated that Carroll's status as a first-round pick was the only reason he was ahead on the depth chart. The friction between them escalated into a fight outside a meeting room in which Carroll struck Thomas from behind.
-------------------
Today, October 3rd, 2006 is a good day.

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Er, as zero was kind enough to point out to me when Plummer came up in our MSN convo, Plummer has retired. :)

Doh! Looks like Jarrett Bush it is then! :-?

Members online

Latest posts