1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Carroll Gone

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Ryan, Oct 3, 2006.

1. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh C'mon Porky he was pretty bad.....

What play did he play great on? Tell me some good things you saw out of him last night?

2. Yared-Yam

Yared-Yam Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    When at all during the game were people gonna say, "That was Hawk's fault."

Maybe on the McNabb TD.

You can't say the same for Harris/Collins/Manuel/Carroll or even Barnett.

3. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

I am looking for a specific Play, Hawk really whiffed on McNabb Twice. Once on the rush of McNabb and once on McNabb's TD run. He also whiffed pretty bad on a tackle against Buckhalter/Moats not sure which one. He had 1 tackle in the game and 1 sack which KGB created.

I like Hawk but he didn't play well last night at all. You need more than 1 tackle from your WLB.

4. dmelby

dmelby Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Just found this site today. Fun to get together with Packer fans.. I sat and watched Carroll bumble around during the Packers Family night/training camp and thought that it looked like it would be a long season with him again. Thank goodness that my predictions weren't true and he was released today. I heard Carroll's name anounced a lot in the 3rd quarter, and that means one of two things - either your playing well (McNabb) or not (you know who). The Pack had the momentum going into half-time. Then something happened - it was either the first big touchdown where Carroll was burned or something was said at half-time where the big weakness was. Once the weakness was found, then the Eagles busted loose. Favre coming from behind tried to force it in and make something happen, but it was already too late.

There has to be something or someone in the works to replace Carroll (hopefully).

5. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    McNabb whiffed a lot of guys in his career and it was a fantastic move. Was it a bad play by Hawk? Sure but I think it's a much better play by McNabb.

On the Draw Hawk dropped back in coverage and was going to cover Smith. Smith came out like he was going to do a pattern but then blocked Hawk. It was a great call by Reid and Hawk was 5 to 7 yards off the line of scrimmage in the end zone doing what he was supposed to do. That was Reid out calling Bob Sanders.

Hawk was around the ball a lot more than you would think. Like I said he didn't play like a stud but was far from the worse player on the field. Nick Collins being one of them. Manuel, Harris, and the DT's were just awful. Nick Barnett is another. Hawk had 2 tackles and an assist and a sack. That's not great but look again and he was at least around the ball.

2 bad plays stick out. Both were McNabb scrambles. One he scrambled for the 1st down and Hawk was just getting blocked by Smith again. The other was McNabb just welcoming him to the NFL. Hawk certainly won't be the last.

Again I'm not saying he was a stud but I'm not going to single AJ Hawk out when there were far more dark spots than #50 last night and yes I believe he has been over the course of 5 games the best LB on this team. He’s playing just as good as Ernie Sims. I agree that Wimbley has been playing excellent right now and is thriving in the 3-4.

6. thetombradyhater

thetombradyhater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    it has no eal benifit for u though, we don't need cap space so why cut him? as I stated before just bench him

7. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,977
    I thought this was a thread on the now ex packer..

or did Hawk play so bad they cut him too?

one person saw hawk play good, or so-so, another saw him play bad..

2 radio guys i listened to had same opinions as you..Peter Brown thought hawk sucked, Gary Ellis from sports radio 1250 thought he did a good job..

8. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Forget Hawk and go make a different thread. Fact is I defended Carrollat the start of this year saying I'd give him till the end of the year to improve but after last night it was the last straw. Just saw a few minutes ago he was released and figured good ridance. It would of been easier to cut him slack if he wasn't always running his mouth. I have no problem with trash talking if you're a Ray Lewis calibre player. So I say don't let the door hit you on the way out.

9. calicheesehead

calicheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Though Carroll had gave up two TD's, he's hardly the one to blame at all with this Defensive collapse. Where was the pressure from our DL? The LB's were continually taken out of the mix. Woodson is not worth half of what we paid him and Harris cost us 2 major penalties for holding and Face mask. I agree with the demotion, but until someone better comes along we shouldn't get rid of the player. where was our safety coverage on the big plays? We are running out of players.

10. CalifPacker

CalifPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Well, I am glad Carrol is gone.

I would not want to keep and pay a player just to sit on the bench. A total waist of money. IMO. I have fired people before. If you can't do the job - you are replaced.

11. calicheesehead

calicheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well then we should be down to about 8 players.

12. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The Packers may not have a player that is the answer right now.

Carroll certainly was not the future of the team.

The 04 draft is a real classic.

13. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Somewhere, someplace, tromadz is crying with joy.

:lol:

14. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I do not understand this move at all.

How does one just release a First Round Pick who was a JR. when drafted and who has played 2 1/4 seasons in the NFL.

He has speed and talent.

This is the dumbest move I can imagine. If the Pack tried to trade him in the off season they would have got something for him.

AC must have done something or said something very stupid after the Monday Night loss.

I am waiting for the other shoe to drop.

15. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think it sends a much stronger message if a franchise cuts someone rather than trade them. In a trade, you are admitting the player still has value to you, but when you cut him, especially with this timing, it makes a statement. Carrol could not retain coaching. He made the same mistakes all game, every game. By cutting him, a 1st round draft pick with (still) big potential, it tells team members that failure to perform is not tolerated. You always hear this in these situations, but I think this is a big statement by the new coaching staff that has a lot of young, inexperienced players.

Marvin Lewis & Co. in Cincy made a similar move when they said goodbye to Odell Thurman and made Henry (the WR) sit out the game cause he was in the car when OT got his 2nd DUI. I like it.

We'll have to see how this pans out in the short term, but I think the no-nonsense approach is a great launch point.

16. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    This is the best thing to cheer me up after a Monday Night loss.

Tromadz is not the only one celebrating. This is the one day I wish I had Ted Thompson's job. What could be more fun than taking his playbook and scraping the parking sticker from his car?

Can you imagine the stupid things that will come out of Carroll's mouth when he tries to spin this????

Carroll was the most inarticulate Packer since Travis Williams.
    This is the second best day of the year for the Packers!!

17. majikman

majikman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Inarticulate?

Meaning not "well spoken"?

18. dmelby

dmelby Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    What is/was the first?

19. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Family Day!

Family day is always the best day of any Packer Year.

20. PackerFan1

PackerFan1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Can you say Tony Mandarich?

21. ahaug82

ahaug82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    No, because that was like.... over a decade ago. :roll:

22. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    *cough* back to ahmad carrol *cough*

23. dmelby

dmelby Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think a Speedo could cover receivers better than our guys right now...

24. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Like several other players, Carroll made the team by default. Our lack of depth is really sad. That can be blamed mostly on Sherman, but not many of Thompson's picks have panned out yet, either.

For me, the last straw was in training camp when Carroll grabbed Rod Gardner by the facemask and kicked him in the midsection. He should've been gone right there. He did make some nice plays this season, but he's nowhere near consistent enough to play in the NFL, and his technique is horrendous. I think he will be out of the league within a couple years.

25. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, please get rid of KS.

I see so much potential in this young team. Hawk, Collins, Kampman, Spitz, Jennings, etc., are all kids. Give them time to mature and you'll see real good players.

No, not this year, but in one or two more years. Don't worry folks, with a few changes, we'll be back in the Playoff hunt in a few years. As Packer fans, we've been spoiled by having such a long run of excellence. Have patience all.