Carroll Gone

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So now who's gonna start in his place? Good thing we cut Hawkins...

If there was anyone better than him wouldn't they be playing by now?

Hopefully Blackmon heals ASAP

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we have a long ways to go to solve our problems.

their are still some people on o and d that need to go.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea, but we can't cut'em all right away...

Now let's see if this Jarrett Bush guy really is something.

But I gotta say I'm wondering, are we going to build a championship team on undrafted free agents?

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
Yea, but we can't cut'em all right away...

Now let's see if this Jarrett Bush guy really is something.

But I gotta say I'm wondering, are we going to build a championship team on undrafted free agents?

Well, we don't have a draft this week, so I guess the undrafted free agents will have to do for now. :(

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This Sucks because it means we wasted another 1st round pick

2000 - Bubba Franks - not looking great anymore
2001 - Jamal Reynolds - waste
2002 - Javon Walker - was good but now a waste
2003 - Nick Barnett - good
2004 -Ahmad Carroll - Waste
2005- Aaron Rodgers - ????
2006 - AJ HAWK- ?????

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm happy about this move...just not the timing...i think TT has already made his point that you always have to be on the ball, and nobody is exempt from the ax...but who else do we have right now?

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerLegend said:

2006 - AJ HAWK- ?????

Aaron Rodgers - hasn't played enough to know
AJ HAWK - good

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
PackerLegend said:

2006 - AJ HAWK- ?????

Aaron Rodgers - hasn't played enough to know
AJ HAWK - good

Well if you are saying A-Rod hasn't played enough then how can you judge Hawk? Wouldn't that be the same principle both ways?

thetombradyhater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.957176+-
I don't like this move. I know I watched the game last night Ahmad Carrol can't cover and commits penalties all the time, but we assume no risk by keeping him on the team. Just bench him or demote him to dimeback. Some people in my responce to assume no rsik comment may say: Assume no risk? he's killing us on the field! well we just take him off the field and pray he gets better with time. I just really don't like the idea of cutting an ex first round draft pick.

(and hey he even had a sack last night :p)

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've seen plenty of Hawk in college and now through 4 games. I think he's been a positive for the defense. Rodgers hasn't seen any significant regular season time so far - thus the difference.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
I've seen plenty of Hawk in college and now through 4 games. I think he's been a positive for the defense. Rodgers hasn't seen any significant regular season time so far - thus the difference.

A-Rod played in College to. Hawk is a ??????. If you watched Hawk last night you wouldn't say he was Good. He looked pretty bad last night.

I think Hawk will pan out but I thought Mandarich would to. You can't judge an NFL career by College games and 4 regular season games so I agree with the ????? assessment

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thetombradyhater said:
I pray he gets better with time. I just really don't like the idea of cutting an ex first round draft pick.

let him see if he gets better with time? He's been on a plateau of ineptitude for 3 years now...he's not getting any better anytime soon! I don't like the timing of the move, but it needed to be done at some point...he's worthless!

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
NDPackerFan said:

A-Rod played in College to. Hawk is a ??????. If you watched Hawk last night you wouldn't say he was Good. He looked pretty bad last night.

I think Hawk will pan out but I thought Mandarich would to. You can't judge an NFL career by College games and 4 regular season games so I agree with the ????? assessment

Please. Everyone I know, (none of whom are Pack fans) has mentioned Hawk as one of the few bright spots for the Packers this year. Don't even bring that ????? business in here. You know Hawk's the real deal. Everyone in the NFL does too. But isn't this thread about Carrol? He sucks. Good riddance.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
NDPackerFan said:

Yeah, there's no way I watched Hawk last night if I say he's good...gimme a break. Oh, and by the way, you judge the way you want and so will I...k? Thanks.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
pyledriver80 said:
NDPackerFan said:

Please. Everyone I know, (none of whom are Pack fans) has mentioned Hawk as one of the few bright spots for the Packers this year. Don't even bring that ????? business in here. You know Hawk's the real deal. Everyone in the NFL does too. But isn't this thread about Carrol? He sucks. Good riddance.

Exactly.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
pyledriver80 said:
NDPackerFan said:

Yeah, there's no way I watched Hawk last night if I say he's good...gimme a break. Oh, and by the way, you judge the way you want and so will I...k? Thanks.

Hawk didn't play near as bad as some think. McNabb made a move on him. Hawk definately is not the first and won't be the last. I actually think Hawk has been our best LB on the field through the 1st 4 games.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:

You should be burned at the stake for putting those two in the same sentance.

Mandarich was a bloated steriod infused idiot. Hawk is the real deal and you know it.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
NDPackerFan said:
pyledriver80 said:
NDPackerFan said:

Hawk didn't play near as bad as some think. McNabb made a move on him. Hawk definately is not the first and won't be the last. I actually think Hawk has been our best LB on the field through the 1st 4 games.

Didn't Hawk strip the ball on Buckhalter's fumble inside the 5? BTW, the official stats are giving the first fumble to McNabb not Buckhalter.

Anyway, this is a Carroll thread. One thing that I did notice last night was that -- even after getting torched badly -- Carroll did make up the distance to at least be with the receiver. Giving up after getting burned was a criticism on Woodson in these forums last week. The speed alone may land Carroll a spot somewhere else, maybe as a returner or receiver.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lolol, I didn't say Hawk wasn't going to be good but I said it's unfair to Label him just yet. Man, you guys freak out quite often.

Hawk had a terrible game last night, I don't care how much you like him and root for him. Just like noone wants to mention Collins for stinking it up last night and all year for that matter.

You guys are so biased. I like Hawk to but c'mon lets not put this guy in the HOF just yet. Hawk has looked about like the 3rd best LB in the draft thus far. Kam Wimbley is a beast and Ernie Sims is looking good for the Lions. Hawk is looking good as well but he took a step backwards last night

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Hawk had a terrible game last night, I don't care how much you like him and root for him. Just like noone wants to mention Collins for stinking it up last night and all year for that matter.

You guys are so biased. I like Hawk to but c'mon lets not put this guy in the HOF just yet. Hawk has looked about like the 3rd best LB in the draft thus far. Kam Wimbley is a beast and Ernie Sims is looking good for the Lions. Hawk is looking good as well but he took a step backwards last night

I dunno Pyle. I re watched the game last night and he wasn't near as bad as your making him sound. He wasn't lights out and by no means a stud but he wasn't the worse player on the field either.

I agree with what most of the reports from Green Bay said. Hawk actually played well and if anyone deserves a thumb down for last nights game in the LB core it's Barnett. He was virtually invisiable last night.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Lolol, I didn't say Hawk wasn't going to be good but I said it's unfair to Label him just yet. Man, you guys freak out quite often.

In my opinion he was better than half the guys on defense last night. Manuel/Carroll/Harris all had worse games than he did.

He got juked out of his mind on the goal-line by McNabb, but nothing else really stood out

Members online