Carroll Gone!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just heard it on the radio. Packers have released Ahmad Carroll. Well one down and 2 to go.

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am happy to hear this. This guy was giving up too many big plays and would continue to do that. Im just sad the organization realized that just now. (after we lost the game)

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only a couple of more Sherman guys to go.

Henderson's next!

Then...maybe FAVRE....yay!

OP
OP
P

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
majikman said:
Only a couple of more Sherman guys to go.

Henderson's next!

Then...maybe FAVRE!

Those are Ron Wolf guys. Those are the guys we need.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Excellent. I'm glad that McCarthy's got the stones to pull the trigger. I'm assuming that this is the HC's decision.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep.....I bet TT's got one heck of a replacement to! I'm sure he going through the roster of last years Northeastern Idaho State Tech team looking for a guy who will come and play for a 75.00 a year

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I..didnt expect this. I WANTED this to happen, but I didn't expect it. Hooray MM\TT! Do the damn thing!

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is bittersweet to me. The guy was always ****ing up, but when he'd do something right he'd look every bit the first round pick.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finally some accountability....

Heads begin to roll...

The problem here is that Carroll`s head should roll along with schotenheimer`s head.

Good that we are cutting the dead load and accepting the losses.

Bad that it seems that TT and MM found a scapegoat and will keep protecting themselves and Schotenheimer.

Good that they took the first step in order to correct the problems, IF they really intend to do so and not only cover themselves in a cloud of smoke

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good point Chamuko. AC shouldn't be the only one gone. Carroll played much better last year and the only real difference is Schottenheimer is now his coach. I don't think that's a coincidence.

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Yep.....I bet TT's got one heck of a replacement to! I'm sure he going through the roster of last years Northeastern Idaho State Tech team looking for a guy who will come and play for a 75.00 a year

The problem Pyle, is that there are no veterans on the Packers to bring these guys along and show them the ropes. Like Leroy Butler used to do.

Carroll was thrown into the fire as a rookie and he failed. No big surprise. He has talent, but no teaching. Slowik and Shottenheimer?

Damn, the kid didn't have a chance. I bet you he ends up with some defensive minded team and becomes a decent pro. It's happened before. Maybe he'll wind up in KC.

OP
OP
P

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
Good point Chamuko. AC shouldn't be the only one gone. Carroll played much better last year and the only real difference is Schottenheimer is now his coach. I don't think that's a coincidence.

Manuel and Schotenheimer hopefully are next.

It's rare to see coaches let go during the year. So I'd expect a change there after the season.

Manuel def won't get release. There going to give him a chance to play this year mostly because we only have 1 more safety.

Next year though hopefully they right a wrong and get rid of him and maybe bring in a bigger name. Heck I think Underwood would do a much better job.

With that said it's at least a step in getting rid of some of the garbage.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
majikman said:
pyledriver80 said:

Carroll was thrown into the fire as a rookie and he failed. No big surprise. He has talent, but no teaching. Slowik and Shottenheimer?

Damn, the kid didn't have a chance.

What about BATES? yeah ok. Carroll sucks, ok.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
majikman said:
pyledriver80 said:

The problem Pyle, is that there are no veterans on the Packers to bring these guys along and show them the ropes. Like Leroy Butler used to do.

Damn, the kid didn't have a chance. I bet you he ends up with some defensive minded team and becomes a decent pro. It's happened before. Maybe he'll wind up in KC.

I agree, Carroll will be OK and it's probably better off for him. I bet he's excited to get off this sinking ship.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
Finally some accountability....

Heads begin to roll...

The problem here is that Carroll`s head should roll along with schotenheimer`s head.

Good that we are cutting the dead load and accepting the losses.

Bad that it seems that TT and MM found a scapegoat and will keep protecting themselves and Schotenheimer.

Good that they took the first step in order to correct the problems, IF they really intend to do so and not only cover themselves in a cloud of smoke

Yeah, I wouldnt expect any coaches to be fired, or demoted\promoted anytime soon. HOWEVER, I didnt expect Carroll to get cut either...!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
majikman said:
pyledriver80 said:

I agree, Carroll will be OK and it's probably better off for him. I bet he's exited to get off this sinking ship.

You are the worst ****ing fan ever.

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
majikman said:
pyledriver80 said:

Damn, the kid didn't have a chance.

What about BATES? yeah ok. Carroll sucks, ok.

If you read TO's post above, he stated that that's when Carroll played better, when Bates was here. He flourished with some real coaching.

But according to many of your prior posts, you stated that Sanders was going to be as good of a DC as Bates was because Sanders worked with and studied under him.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah A.C. was amazingly good last year! oh wait, he was still shittty....womp womp wommmmmmpp

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
pyledriver80 said:
majikman said:
pyledriver80 said:

I agree, Carroll will be OK and it's probably better off for him. I bet he's exited to get off this sinking ship.

You are the worst ****ing fan ever.

Oh that hurts, my dad can beat up your dad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online