Carroll Bites

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see it happening. Even people who don't like him have to agree that he's one of our best 3 CBs, and in a game where your nickel package is on the field half the time, you need 3 good corners.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I learned over a year ago how much he is disliked....by his own organization. And this comment came from someone who works within the organization and deals with every single player. He is immature and not very coachable.

Either he gets his head out of his rear and matures quickly or he will be gone when his contract ends.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really like what Havel has to say on most occasions. His assessment of Carrol is right on the money. I'm not sure what they should do with him, but I know that if you can't control him and he becomes a distraction and your team begins to suffer because of it, then you get rid of him. The quality of team chemistry is an important ingredient in wins and losses. If he's not coachable, then dump him.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who cares how disliked he was? Man this sounds like another case of the "Terrell Buckleys". He wasn't liked either but managed to last 12-15 years in this league. Here's the deal....if you can find better talent to take his place, then do it. If you can't, keep him.

Sounds like another case of a player not giving the "Human Mullet" an interview!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys call me Tromadz(or jerkface).

others call me Chris Havel.

You like my article?

He's under contract till like 2009. Just bench him until he decides that holding isnt a great idea, and fighting teammates isnt a good thing. Because we wont get anything back from trading him. Not a damn thing. Who drafted this idiot? (hi, Depack. hehehe, jk)

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Who cares how disliked he was? Man this sounds like another case of the "Terrell Buckleys". He wasn't liked either but managed to last 12-15 years in this league. Here's the deal....if you can find better talent to take his place, then do it. If you can't, keep him.

Sounds like another case of a player not giving the "Human Mullet" an interview!

"Human Mullet" - that is classic Bro. :D

Havel is a hack. Carroll has issues, but how ridiculous can it get? -- secret (anonymous) popularity polling of WR's?

I know the Pack fell from perennial North Division Champions to last in 2005, but I didn't think we would see a slide to Junior High girl's games level.

Thompson and this staff have no ties or responsibility for Carroll's selection. The only reason they would keep him on the roster and play him is if it is to their advantage. Havel is famous for trying to stir up muck and not using even the slightest bit of journalistic integrity in doing so.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Horton gets fewer penalties and that's important on overthrown passes.

Last year on third down against the Bengals, Carroll got a false start penalty and later while following the man in motion went offside.

A reduced amount of stupid penalties would help his cause more than anything.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
I think the only reason he's on the team still is because we don't have someone to replace him.

Yep

If we had a nickel back than maybe I could see him being let go but we don't. Carroll could fairly well get traded but I wouldn't expect it. I think he has this year to prove himself and if he doesn't, the expect him cut in the off season.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckley sucked, and should have been gone sooner no matter his attitude.

Oh and Havel may write like a bitter woman, but I'm glad he called Carroll out.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
I think the only reason he's on the team still is because we don't have someone to replace him.

Yes we may not have anyone, but what do you guys think of a trade? I mean you are not going to appear to get much for him, but whoever we would get has to be as good as AC and who knows if its a young guy he might turn out to be good someday. Never know

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has too much potential to trade and get nothing. His contract ends in like 2009.

in 2009 he COULD be a stud, and I dont think GB wants to be the losing side of that kind of deal.

I would just bury him on the depth chart till he improved on AND off the field. I hope GB does just that.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was surprised that the little poll with WR's gave the nod to Woodson over Harris.

Not sure if this was ever even taken but with reference to the results I found that interesting.

I thought Carroll's quotes coming into the season about working hard now that he was demoted would result in a more mature player that looked to be on the upswing in the 2nd half of last year.

Oh well. Another #1 draft pick bites the dust. Man you just have to get more out of that pick. Besides Collins it seems like Walker(Barnett was a #2 wasn't he?) has been the only one to do anything in several years and then he lost his mind.

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Havel is a hack, equivalent of a Fox sportscaster. Carrol is a quality CB and lets see, Havel says he got 3 interceptions which represented a pretty good percentage of the team total. Team likes Carrol better than Havel.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know.....seeing Carroll "cleat" his own teammate made me want to do the same back to him. He kicked Gardner.......just totally uncalled for. Had it been a game, he would have been ejected, a 15 yard penalty, and a big fine. Just acting like a spoiled brat in my view. The child needs to grow up, act like a man, and start EARNING his paycheck.

Members online

Latest posts