Carroll Article....god I hate him...so much..

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that if Nick Collins was not a rookie, he's do it. Maybe it's a rookie thing where he will come back next year with more of a leadership role. He's definitely capable of putting a knot on top of Carroll's head for sure.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow...MS did NOT seem too pleased from his quotes...I would not want to be in their meeting (well.... maybe I would since I don't care for AC much)

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i think Sherman could use some of this kid's "moxie"...

Maybe that would "fix" him....

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly didnt even notice carroll posing while nick barnett went for the score. Someone in the gameday chat mentioned it, but didnt see it on replay. Man...this kid fails at everything.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I honestly didnt even notice carroll posing while nick barnett went for the score. Someone in the gameday chat mentioned it, but didnt see it on replay. Man...this kid fails at everything.

That's what I was freaking out about. The guy didn't even wait for the play to go mid-point and he was pulling muscles patting himself on the back. It was embarrassing to watch.

I like a little swagger in a defense, but it should be showed through hard hitting and taking no bs from the other team. Doing what he did in the middle of the play, unacceptable and I'd like to see him benched for the rest of the season or atleast a few games to HOPEFULLY get it through his head that being a Packer is a PRIVILEGE not a right.

Reaction score
Trom, you know how I have supported Carroll. But even I have my limits. That play where he decided to show boat when the play wasn't even over WAS THE STUPIDEST THING. Caroll has just reaced 22, but man he plays like a 8 year old. He has excellent ability, but he is pissing it away by yapping constantly. I would love to see one veteran put Carroll in his place. That was an embarassment to the Packers, and honestly he should be benched for at least one game. Win, loose, or draw, coaches need to do something to get through Carroll's THICK HEAD!

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"In describing what he did wrong, Carroll said he put himself in a position where he could have drawn a 15-yard penalty for taunting and hurt the team. He did not mention anything regarding poor sportsmanship."

'He said he wouldn't have necessarily agreed with the officials if they had flagged him for taunting because he didn't think he stared at the bench that long."

I really do hate him....

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes he is not worth to even wear the shirt in the locker room, I hope MS had enough gut to kick his *** out of GB JUST LIKE HE DID with Thomas

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
wow...MS did NOT seem too pleased from his quotes...I would not want to be in their meeting (well.... maybe I would since I don't care for AC much)

And could you imagine if his cell phone went off during that meeting? Whoa. :shock:

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carroll is young and immature, his foolish antics have to stop. Harris needs to pull him aside to give him a lesson on how to be a professional, which is much more than avoiding taunting penalties.

Still I think that he will become our best CB in the next couple of years. He has great ability to cover WRs, some who are much bigger than him. It was obvious that Thomas was a major step down in coverage ability.

He's only 22 years old, but that's just an excuse. Carroll is a professional who must grow up real soon.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Albeit the focus was incorrect and not very classy, the kid has some spunk, and to play on an island in the NFL of CB that is a requirement to be a good one. He is getting better week by week, things are starting to "slow" down for him. This kid was a better athlete than most that he lined up against ARK, and it shows now. In the next year or two, watch for Harris to be moved to Safety and Hawkins and Carroll be solid to excellent corners.

Even Brett has made mistakes on the field with behavior, I remember I believe a throat slash gesture he made. Things happen, but I agree stop it now, respect the game and those that play it.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Albeit the focus was incorrect and not very classy, the kid has some spunk, and to play on an island in the NFL of CB that is a requirement to be a good one. He is getting better week by week, things are starting to "slow" down for him. This kid was a better athlete than most that he lined up against ARK, and it shows now. In the next year or two, watch for Harris to be moved to Safety and Hawkins and Carroll be solid to excellent corners.

Yeah....

he is not improving. if he is, its the slightest. All we ask(well me anyway) is that 1. Do not pass interfere all the time, and 2. Do not get burned all the time.

Every time I hear Carroll's name(and its often) it is either because he tackled someone(his man caught the ball. Did you see how far carroll was last week before he 'stripped' the balll loose. people dont wanna mention that part) cuz he was so far away, or it is because he pass interefered. And these aren't little bumps or nudges hes giving folks, he is damn near tackling people or yanking them to the ground before the ball gets there. For someone as athletic and fast as he is, there is NO excuse for this. Not in his 2nd year. His second year as a former 1st round pick. 1st round picks dont PI and get burned every game in their second year. HE is a bust, plain and simple, and we will be better when he is gone.

As for Al moving to safety...no. He is competing with #1s weekly and doing damn fine job. He is a #1 CB for at least 2 more years. Hawkins shows promise, he is as or more athletic than Carroll. The question is, does he have discipline? And is he as dumb as a rock like carroll?

(note: I apologize to all rocks for comparing that abortion of a player Ahmad Carroll to the rock community.)

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Harris to safety in a year or two, he has marginal speed now, it isn't going to improve, when that happens he would make a great FS.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
as long as he's keeping up with the T.O.s and Randy Mosses..i dont really care. As long as he doesnt lose too much of a step. There is no guarantee he will slow down dramatically over the next couple of years.

Reaction score
Actually I think Harris has still a solid couple of years left in him. Remember he was a back-up for most of his early years, so he doesn't have the wear and tear a normal CB (Champ Bailey) would start to incur. But, if after a couple of years, Harris does lose a step, I would love to see him play safety. The prosepect of having Collins, Harris, and Underwood as our Safties, and Hawkins (Hey I think he will be a ball Hawk :p ) and Caroll (DEAR GOD I HOPE HE MATURES..... :pray: ) is an excellent prospect. Our Secondary could really be solidified for the next decade quite easily.

Members online

Latest posts