Carrol

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard that about eleven teams were interested in ahmad carrol, this confuses me because i guess they never really saw why we cut this guy. He gets burnt on many plays, and he managed to pick up the nickname "grabster". Wat do u all think about this???

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe they are interested in him because of his physical abillities,
they want to bring him in to see how he can perform.
He's very fast and strong.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
None of them were interested enough to claim him off waivers, which suggests that they see him as a project, at best. My understanding is that his contract is now void, so if he's picked up he probably won't get much more than the league minimum. He will need to go to a team that already has a few good cornerbacks or maybe a team that is looking for him to play a very limited role, such as blitzing off the corner, which he's actually pretty good at.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only thing I can say with any certainty when it comes to Carroll, is that I doubt if any team is going to sign him just so they can get the inside scoop on our stellar defensive scheme.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
YERCELL said: "I'm pretty sure he's not a Packer, so why is this in here? Sidenote: who cares?"

He was a Packer up until three days ago, so we still care a little bit. More importantly we can learn something about the Packers by finding out what happens to players who they cut. For example, if the New England Patriots had immediately picked up Carroll and made him a starter, we would have reason to believe that Thompson had made a bad move in cutting him, or maybe that our coaching staff had done a bad job working with him.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Simple. Teams are interested in Carroll because he's talented. In the hands of a decent coach, he'll go to the Pro Bowl.

Question: Do I have some kind of YERCELL filter going? Or is someone deleting his posts?

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carroll has talent, im sure thats why teams want him. I am not a Carroll fan at all. But on a different team you never know what could happen. I mean look at Darren(everyones) Sharper. He sucked for a while. He couldnt tackle worth beans, but he turned himself around. It could happen for Carroll. But I am sure glad that, that isnt going to happen on the packers watch.

nathanielgreenwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since69 said:
Simple. Teams are interested in Carroll because he's talented. In the hands of a decent coach, he'll go to the Pro Bowl.

Question: Do I have some kind of YERCELL filter going? Or is someone deleting his posts?

So Bates wasnt a decent coach ?

packerfanfourever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=44.465151+-
just because Carrol goes to a different team and coaching that doesn't mean he is going to be a pro bowl player, Bates was a good coach and he didn't improve that much. The sharper being a better tackler and playing better is crap too, he is still missing his share of tackles I am sure. While Sharper is playing well I am sure their are Vikings fans that will tell you he is not playing perfect.

thetombradyhater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.957176+-
He is a very talented player and in the hands of the righ coach for him he could still be a good player. Maybe he just need a change of scenary. Now I won't say with a change of scenary and the right coach he'll make a pro bowl, but he could be developed as an average or so starter, with the right amount of luck

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carroll was awful for us and was awful right from the start. You can complain about people not coaching him better, but I think what you see is what you get. He isn't going to go someplace else and get better. He was a bad draft choice when we took him, and three years later the coaching staff and the GM finally have accepted that. Good riddance.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
I believe they are interested in him because of his physical abillities,
they want to bring him in to see how he can perform.
He's very fast and strong.

Yeah, I really think if he was coached right, he could have been okay. He's the fastest guy on the team and very strong.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carroll is gone and Al Harris is fast to replace him on the holding calls.

With that said the team played better in the secondary with Carroll gone. Not many big down the field plays.

Good riddance but Manuel and Schottenheimer are still as big as problems right now.

Reaction score
porky88 said:
Carroll is gone and Al Harris is fast to replace him on the holding calls.

With that said the team played better in the secondary with Carroll gone. Not many big down the field plays.

Good riddance but Manuel and Schottenheimer are still as big as problems right now.

There were a few times when I saw Manuel and the other safety pointing things out to each other, which I took to mean they were trying to sort things out.

I just don't get it, Manuel is supposed to lead but apparently the other S is having problems with Manuel's communication.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where is this "talent" that some people here have mentioned? Carroll has speed, and he's tough, but talent is more than speed and toughness. For a cornerback, talent means ball skills, of which Carroll has virtually none. He doesn't play the ball, he just grabs and runs and grabs some more. His replacement, Patrick Dendy, barely got his name mentioned today, which must mean he did a decent job. Also, Dendy has a skinny neck, like Merton Hanks for those 49ers teams in the 90's. Just thought I'd mention that.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:
Carroll was awful for us and was awful right from the start. You can complain about people not coaching him better, but I think what you see is what you get. He isn't going to go someplace else and get better. He was a bad draft choice when we took him, and three years later the coaching staff and the GM finally have accepted that. Good riddance.

You are right. Every team picks a guy who just never works out. You have to let them go and move on before they play bad football for you for 6 or 7 years. It was the right move.

Members online

Latest posts