1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Carolina Steroid Testimony

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by CaliforniaCheez, Mar 9, 2006.

1. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Charles Chandler, of the Charlotte Observer, reports Dr. Gary Wadler, one of the world's foremost steroids experts, told the Charlotte Observer that medical records from the federal case against Dr. James Shortt showed five of six current or former Carolina Panthers used the steroids obtained from Shortt. Wadler said that while Shortt assured the players they would not test positive, Shortt did not take the proper steps to fulfill that promise. Shortt tested the players' testosterone levels through their saliva instead of more sophisticated urine tests used by the NFL. Shortt also did nothing to monitor whether the players were within specific testosterone -related ratios allowed by the NFL. Wadler said, "I don't know how he gave anybody any assurance they wouldn't step on the tripwire when he never checked (the ratio). That raises questions about the NFL's testing because you'd think you would have positive tests." The Panthers said none of their players who were patients of Shortt tested positive for steroids.

That is scary for some of us with large glands that are highly productive.
    Our ratio's could be out of whack.

2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    You would think these Pros would KNOW better then to use that crap. The medical problems they will have from this si worse then just about any other "addiction." Wasn't it John Matusak (sp) that dies from his years of steroid abuse?

3. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You would expect that? Most of these guys barely cracked 700 on the SAT. I barely expect most of them to know which feet their shoes go on!

4. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That sucks because John Matuzak is from my school.

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Well.........the have a 50-50 chance of getting that right!!!LOLOLOL!!! :lol:

Gopack.....i didn't know TOOS was from your school!

6. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeh and one time he was like threating my dad to use his pool stick at a bar