Carol K Intro

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi. I thought I had introduced myself before, but I guess I didn't. I was born, raised, and still live in queen country, but am a diehard Packerfan. Love the Pack, and go into withdrawal symptoms when the football season is over. I am a retired kindergarten teacher. My hobbies are--not necessarily in order--enjoying my granddaughters, Packer football, scrapbooking, stamping, traveling, and reading. I have a great husband, a daughter and son-in-law, a son and daughter-in-law, and three beautiful granddaughters ranging in age from 11 (going on 30), 6 and 3/4 and 4 and 1/2. My husband and I discovered cruising 4 years ago and have decided that it is one of the most fun ways to travel. Have a good weekend everyone. Carol K. Packer fan living in queen country. :lol: :p :eek:

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Glad to have you on the site Carol. glad you tough it out in MN wearing your Green and Gold!

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right on Carol I am glad to see there is some class in MN. I hope while you were a kindergarten teacher you took the time to educate these kids on the Packers and why there parents were evil if they liked the Vikings. :lol:

Later
Leopardmech

OP
OP
C

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, I did try to educate the children. When the Packers were playing in the Super Bowl, the children were asked to wear green and gold if they were Packer fans, and Patriot colors if they were Patriot fans. Surpisingly, most of the kids wore green and gold. Of course, when you're in kdgn, you always want to please your teachers, and they knew I was a big Packer fan.

PackerCoz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Carol! I am just a "baby" here on the Packer Forum, as far as time I have been here, but I know this is a great place to get lost in green and gold...

Don't feel so bad... I like Purple & Gold... on my favorite BASKETBALL TEAM... Been a Los Angeles Lakers fan since 1980 (when Magic Johnson joined the team for his HOF career)... Just as long as it's basketball with purple & gold...

Again, welcome...

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carol K -Wrenshall, Mn. Big Hardy hello from a very long time Packer fan from DePere, Wi. located 5 miles from Historic Lambeau Field. DePere will be Home for the Packers starting July 26 during training camp. Packers sleep in the dormitories of St. Norbert College and eat in the cafeteria of the college during Training camp. . Packers have done so since Vince Lombardi was HC/GM. Have you traveled to Green Bay and visited the Renovated Lambeau Field? It is good to get a positive Posting from Mn. Look forward to your postings.

OP
OP
C

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PWT36, yes we have traveled to Green Bay and visited the renovated Lambeau. We come every summer for training camp. Have received quite a few autographs from the players. My husband was really excited the year they won the Super Bowl because he got Favre's and Holmgren's autograph on the football which I had bought him for Father's Day.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carol, it should not be a surprise that most of those kids wore green and gold. How do you tell all the locals that youre a packers fan without getting any grief?

OP
OP
C

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got a lot of grief at first, but then they just accepted me as I am. We had dress down day at school on Fridays, and during football season, I always wore my Packer stuff--sometimes I even wore it when it wasn't football season. :D :) :eek:

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
carol k said:
Yes, I did try to educate the children. When the Packers were playing in the Super Bowl, the children were asked to wear green and gold if they were Packer fans, and Patriot colors if they were Patriot fans. Surpisingly, most of the kids wore green and gold. Of course, when you're in kdgn, you always want to please your teachers, and they knew I was a big Packer fan.

GREAT JOB CAROL ! ! ! :agree: :cheerleader:

:welcome:

Members online

Latest posts