1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Carlos Mencia vs. Joe Rogan

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by tromadz, Feb 15, 2007.

1. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    this is kind of old, but anyone who knows anything about comedy knows the stories of Mencia being a thief, but things got out of hand this weekend!

Watch Ned get destroyed

(This was all over youtube but Carlos Mencia and his lawyers got it off...for now)

2. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
  3. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Carlos stole some of Ari Shariffs jokes too.

4. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,483
    Always thought Joe was a kewl dude, but damnnnnnnnnnnnnn he blew up "NED"

lol

5. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Mencia is a lightweight hack....Rogan owned that bitch.

Notice how all Ned could do is call him a bitch...and yet really did not refute the points Rogan was making.

Ned and Dane Cook....sadly, the crap they ram down our throats...and the lightest of lightweight humor.

Where are your Richard Pryors and Bill Hicks when you need them. Hicks, RIP, was a monster before cancer took his ***. Wanna laugh, go rent one of his DVDs....he is in the class of Pryor, Carlin, Newhart and all the greats in history.

6. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    I don't think its too old. Just happened, didn't it?

7. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Carlos stealing is old. This latest thing isnt. Pauly Shore banning people, Hes like a mod on a powertrip. Hi AADP.

8. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I think comics have been "using" other comics stuff since comedy first started. Mencia should have just admitted that he used other people's stuff, and let it go.
    Lets face it, theres only SO much "original" stuff out there.

9. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You are right cheesey...borrowing has occurred amongst comics forever...usually thematically But this cat doesn't bother to even paraphrase...he steals it straight up...verbatim.

10. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    and denies it when they show him proof. he could at least say something like "I was inspired by my comic brothers" or something and try to save face, instead of lying, then lying more, then making an ******* out of himself, then lie again for good measure.

11. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Any responsible comedian would review every comic's jokes and create new ones. I liked Mencia, but this is lame. He needs to be more responsible with his jokes.
    Watch everyone elses jokes, every comedian, then make sure you do not make a joke up resembling it once so ever. Be true to your art!

12. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Like i said......the guy was an idiot for not admitting straight up that he stole jokes.
    Me, i try to write my own stuff when i make up things. To me, it's lots more fun that way.
    But i guess if a guy is trying to make a living at it, you can't be "on" all the time.
    The guy should have at least put SOME thought into what he uses.

13. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I can understand unknowingly(hi barry bonds) stealing someones joke. But when ur called out on it. 1. drop the joke. 2. apologize.

but when you steal jokes word-for-word you're not looking to go down that road.

14. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I agree! The guy is a putz!
    This is the computer age. In the "old days" you could do that kind of thing, and no one would be the wiser. Today, everyone has a video camera, and will throw stuff on the web for the whole world to see.
    I would have LOVED to see ol' Carlos shown the actual video of stuff he stole, then confronted, where he couldn't deny it. Of course he would just cuss a blue streak and make up some lame excuse.

15. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Yeah, how hard it is to just APOLOGIZE for being a tard? It's simple. I've got LOTS of practice at it. lol

16. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    My Dad always taught me........"It takes a bigger man to admit you are wrong and apologize, then to keep trying to prove yourself right when you KNOW you are wrong."
    I guess Carlos was never taught that.

17. gopackgo

gopackgo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Wasn't a big fan of Rogan before I saw this, but this made my month. I hate "Carlos", he relies completely on making jokes about Mexicans. It's so sad.

I assume this is the same video I saw earlier. It's amazing how every comic doesn't like Mencia.

18. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    At least when Robin Williams would steal jokes and people confronted him, he'd apologize then pay them for it.

19. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I watched part of one of his shows on TV.........he doesn't just pick on Mexicans, he pretty much goes after everyone.
    I DO think that everyone takes themselves a little to seriously. If people would learn to laugh a little more, maybe there wouldn't be so much racism in the world. To me, stereotypes can be pretty funny, if approached just as that, stereotypes. I consider myself a "conservative", and i have seen some pretty funny stuff about "us" out there.