1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Carefull if you're going to Minny

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by trippster, Sep 25, 2007.

1. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Man charged with killing St. Paul hotel's pet duck

The defendant was belligerent to officers and told them, "It's just a ... duck," the complaint said.

By Pat Pheifer, Star Tribune

A pair of ducks swim in an ornamental pond at the Embassy Suites Hotel in St. Paul. The hotel has an ornamental pond with about 8 domesticated ducks in it. Scott D. Clark, 26, is in custody on suspicion of felony animal cruelty charges after ripping off the head of one of the hotel's pet ducks.

The ducks in the atrium pond at the Embassy Suites Hotel in downtown St. Paul have never been wild and likely can't fly more than a foot or two.
    Yet Scott D. Clark allegedly stalked and cornered one of the ducks against a brick wall early Saturday, then wrenched off its head. He told astonished onlookers that he was hungry, police said.

Scott, 26, of Denver, was charged Monday with felony animal cruelty. He made his first court appearance, posted bail and was released. The charge is not ranked by state sentencing guidelines. It is up to a judge to decide on suitable punishment if Clark is convicted.

According to the complaint filed in Ramsey County District Court, Clark became belligerent with officers when they arrested him at the hotel on E. 10th Street about 2:30 a.m. Saturday.

"Mr. Clark stated to police that he worked for the federal government and when this was over he would have the officers' jobs," the complaint said. Records show that Clark is an auditor in the Office of Inspector General in the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services in Denver. He could not be reached to comment Monday.

The complaint said Clark asked officers if he was in trouble.

"Yes," they told him.

"Why, because I killed it out of season?" the complaint quotes Clark as saying. "Big deal, it's just a [expletive] duck."

Police Sgt. John Wuorinen said, "It sounds like there was quite a bit of alcohol involved."

Rosco Larson, general manager of the Embassy Suites, said Monday, "These animals have been a part of our hotel's family for many years and we are deeply saddened by this incident."

The hotel has about seven ducks that swim in the pond and wander the plant-filled walkways. Each is valued at about $400.

Scott Ramsey, a naturalist at Wood Lake Nature Center in Richfield, said ducks can live in any setting.

"That's just bizarre," he said of the incident at the Embassy Suites. "Obviously they're not wild. Obviously they're there for the patrons to enjoy."

2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,486
    Thats just odd??

But read that last part again

isnt that what the guy did?

3. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    apparently "duck" has been added to the menu at the restuarant there.

(this one's for cheesy...)

He is a member of a rolling stones tribute band and their new album is "duck's head soup"

4. vikefan

vikefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The guy is from Denver, but I'm sure he has a cheesehead background somewhere.
    Sounds like something you guys would do when you're drunk and hungry. :D

5. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Thats just sick to me.

6. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    Awww Poor Ducks what did they do to him :(

7. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2

They told a joke and quacked him up?

8. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    You stole Cheesey's line.. now what will he do...

9. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Oh God! I got the virus!!! <<<walking away, banging head with palm of hand>>

10. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    Thats horrible :(

11. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The Minnesota chapter of Ducks Unlimited has requested the services of famed attorney Maurice "Mighty Mo" Merganser and the law offices of Mallard, Pintail and Woodduck to persue prosecution of one Scott Clark.

Rumor has it that they are seeking a life sentence of watching the Minnesota Vikings play without the possibility of parole.

12. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    (Cruel and inhumane TORTURE!!!)

13. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    MUCH better then "Walking away, banging head with "PALM" of "TREE!"
    (get it?.........."palm tree???") :lol:

14. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Didja ever notice that even when I'm not here, i get blamed for EVERY "Cheesey" joke???

(I should get a ROYALTY!!!!!)LOLOLOLOL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

15. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Poor trippster, I hear there is no cure for the "Cheesey virus".

16. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    mold? AGGGGGHHHHHHH! there I go again!

17. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Looks like a case of blonde hair to boot Trip...

[​IMG]

18. vike4life

vike4life Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    What a chickenshit thing to do. I would sentence him to work at a duck pond. Make him clean up duck **** for a couple of years. Maybe he would learn something from it.

19. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    LOLOL!!!!
    You know..........Trippster's gonna be looking in the mirror every day now, for the blonde hair on top of his head!!!! :lol:

20. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Judging by his shown "brain power", chances are, all he would learn from it is how to clean up duck poop.

21. vike4life

vike4life Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    There was a great tragedy in Minnesota in early August. The 35W bridge that crosses the Mississippi river collapsed. God bless all the families who lost loved ones in that great tragedy.

I know that news does not get to Wisconsin very quick, and most of you have not heard about it. So, be careful, do not try to cross the bridge. There has been enough life lost there already. The last thing we want to see is some drunken Packer fan with a piece of cheese on his head plunging into the river.

In all seriousness, for all of you going to the game drive safe and have a good time. Say a little prayer if you get the chance.

22. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Hey........your just worried that one of us will fall in the river and pollute it! :D