Cardinals releasing safety Tyrann Mathieu

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who is that guy and why should I believe he can confirm anything?

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One other thing I'll add is that if they sign Rashaan Melvin, then they have a 6'3" starter and a 6'2" starter. You have to be able to match up with smaller, faster wide receivers too. Just like at receiver, you want diversified skillsets in your defensive backfield.

Get Melvin and tyraan Mathieu and then draft a guy high. Get one of the jaire alexander, Mike hughes, mj stewart, donte Jackson, Jalen Davis, darious Phillips group.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
If it’s true that they’re looking into Mathieu, then I’m guessing that no one has told Gute that sub 5’11” defensive backs won’t work in our system.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im really dissapointed that we couldnt outbid the Texans here.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
both mathieu and melvin signed for what seems like chump change to me
granted both were just 1 year deals
still, wonder what our approach was towards these guys
tbh, wouldn't be surprised if it was a location thing for mathieu

Last edited:

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah pretty crazy that for 13.5 million in one year deals the Packers could have secured both Mathieu and Melvin. You have to assume it was the same deal as with breeland and the player just chose to go somewhere else

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah pretty crazy that for 13.5 million in one year deals the Packers could have secured both Mathieu and Melvin. You have to assume it was the same deal as with breeland and the player just chose to go somewhere else

That's the thing; it strongly suggests the possibility that those players just didn't want to come here.
I wouldn't discount the idea of a trade at some point; can't spend another draft on CB's.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
also, just want to say... mathieu talking about a winning culture being so important
and chooses to take a deal with the texans
c'mon now

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont think so tbh. Apparently he was eager to join a football culture and furthermore, reports were out about his abstinence of partying the last few years. Im sure a tempting offer would have made him sign

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Y'all know Matthieu wasn't that good last year, right?

He isn't the same Honey Badger he was.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
based on Honey Badgers new contract.....he wasn't doing a lot of things right last year, but he has a year to prove himself.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Problem is his height, they are afraid of another Terrel Buckley, having trouble getting beat by the usually taller WRs
Man, this is just the most ridiculous requirement ever. Sure, Honey Badger can play CB, but he is a safety first and foremost. I see nobody complaining about Earl Thomas's height ever, and we would still be dying to pick that guy up if we can. Honey Badger would just have filled up some immense needs (solid CB help if needed, SS, FS, he can do it all) while still coming cheap. If this requirement left GB out of the race for his signature, I'd be super disappointed. He is a versatile football player with great character first and foremost, and for a "safe" deal like he got with the Texans he is an absolute bargain.

Members online

Latest posts