Cardinals are struggling, can we win?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cardinals just lost to the Raiders, arguably the worst team in the NFL. They lost bad, 22-9.

GB on the other hand is getting things moving forward. A run game continues to show signs of life. A pass defense might be on the verge of saying "hey, we DO exist" consistently.

Do we have a shot vs. the Cardinals? I think we do.

K, im gonna go watch the Dennis Green press conference now! You know its gonna be good if they just lost to the Raidaaahs!

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB seems to be able to hold their own against one win teams...

I think that it is looking good for next week!!!

Maybe they could change the schedule to get the Raiders, Det, and Miami for the rest of the week.

If not, Buf could be tough...with their 2 wins and all.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only thing fustrating about this win is the fact that we could very easily be 4-2 right now and be right in the thick of the playoff hunt. We do make costly mistakes but we aren't THAT bad like #1 pick in the draft bad.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
trom, pass defense?? we gave up 414 yds today

and how many were due to soft coverage giving up everything underneath to prevent touchdowns? lol. cmon now.

414 yards but 3 takeaways, and a forced fumble by kampman on Joey H too.

dont **** in peoples cheerios, tano.

tano1998

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you right..but there was a lot of yds, trom....pass def doesnt work...but we got a win, and it's all that counts

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tano1998 said:

and how many were due to soft coverage giving up everything underneath to prevent touchdowns? lol. cmon now.

414 yards but 3 takeaways, and a forced fumble by kampman on Joey H too.

dont **** in peoples cheerios, tano.

There were only one or two drives where the pass D had me ticked and it wasn't due to broken coverage, it was due to poor tackling.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cardinals just lost to the Raiders, arguably the worst team in the NFL. They lost bad, 22-9.

GB on the other hand is getting things moving forward. A run game continues to show signs of life. A pass defense might be on the verge of saying "hey, we DO exist" consistently.

Do we have a shot vs. the Cardinals? I think we do.

K, im gonna go watch the Dennis Green press conference now! You know its gonna be good if they just lost to the Raidaaahs!

I believe we will Trom. I thought I was a real ray of sunshine in chat today.

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

yea we gave up 414 passing yards but when u throw the ball 62 times yur gonna get alot of yards. and when yur down by 10 at the end of the game yur gonna get more yards.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yes i feel the Packers can beat the Cards.

i would like to see GB get Green going strong. give him the ball 25 times and see what he can do.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tano1998 said:

yea we gave up 414 passing yards but when u throw the ball 62 times yur gonna get alot of yards. and when yur down by 10 at the end of the game yur gonna get more yards.

Joey had 110 yards passing at halftime. He got his yards against soft zone coverages in the second half. It's still a problem, but we are getting better.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green broke the long run againist a 3-4 defense and everyone remember the last time we played a 3-4 team it was the chargers in preseason and we sucked so it looks as if we have gotten better againist 3-4 teams even with Clifton out.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jacksonville got slapped around by Houston today.
The Eagles lost to the Bucs.
The big bad Chargers lost to an average K.C. team and even Michael Vick threw 4 TDs. Hell, even Joey Harrington threw for over 400 yards.

There are no sure victories and it is not like the Packers have been tearing up the league by beating the 1-6 Lions and the 1-6 Dolphins.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only thing fustrating about this win is the fact that we could very easily be 4-2 right now and be right in the thick of the playoff hunt. We do make costly mistakes but we aren't THAT bad like #1 pick in the draft bad.

I second that. We had the Saints and the Rams on the ropes. And to be honest, we had the Eagles on the ropes until Ahmad Caroll decided to "take over" the game. I think we should be 3-3 AT WORST and realistically fighting for a playoff spot. We still have a playoff chance, but its gonna be so much harder now. We cant throw away another game the rest of the year. I'd say the Cardinals will be an easy win. Their defense worries me a little because it is a big play defense. Either you will get a big play vs it or they will make a big play against you(sack,interception). If we have a good gameplan and prepare well, we should rip the cardinals apart. Its pretty obvious to me that Leinart can throw the passes from 5 - 15 yards but that he cant throw the ball down the field. He is just too one dimensional, kind of like Rick Mirer. He will strugle the rest of the season since teams can now study him on film.

Cardinals W
Bills W
Vikings ?
We could win this if we play well, but probably a loss. If we want to make the playoffs, this is one that we really need to win. Big divisional game.

Patriots L
Seahawks ?
If Hasselbeck is hurt its an easy win, if he is healthy i think it will be a close game that we have a shot to win. But great teams win close games and the Seahawks are great, and we are not great.

Jets W
49ers W
Lions W
Vikings ?
Home divisional game, if we are on a hot streak, we have a good shot

Bears W
I hate the Bears so much but to keep this one close we will have to be healthy, the team will have to be playing well together, eliminate the mental mistakes(fumbles by Green). Late December however. And think about this. We might be in playoff contention, and the bears will probably have home field advantage wrapped up. This is a game we can steal if the Bears are resting some starters.

I say we will finish up 9-7 and just miss a playoff chance. There are a whole lot of competitive teams in the NFC. We will need a whole lot of help. Many teams ahead of us will have to take a dive. Alot of 4 and 5 win teams in our conference. I think it will take 10-6 to make the playoffs in our conference. If we can get ahead of the Vikings and win 10 games, we will be in the playoffs. That means we have to finish up the year 8-2.

Yes, i am pathetically optimistic. No comments needed.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again, I think we can beat them but Arizona's record does not show everything:

- The Bears loss was by 1
- The KC loss was by 3
- The Rams loss was by 2

( they were not blown out in three of those six losses that were at home)

- The Seattle loss was by 11
- The Atlanta loss was by 22
- The Oakland loss was by 13

( these three losses were on the road where they have not yet won )

Note- take from this what you will, just let's not teach them to win on the road !!!

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow - i don't know what game you guys were watching but the pass D stunk it up. if the fins WR's hadn't dropped so many balls, we'd have lost this game because our D wasn't covering worth a *****!! call me negative if you want but i'm trying to be as realistic about this game as i can be.

we beat a team who had one win so far this season & while i see a light at the end of the tunnel, it's a VERY small light & it's VERY far away. ;)

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:beersign: This team is getting better each week. I think we are at the point in the season where you can look at the teams we play and say "This is a team we are better then and should beat". Arizona is on that list. We need to beat the teams we should beat, and if we happen to beat a couple of the teams that have us on their "should beat" list, come December we just might be hanging around for a wild card birth.
Is He-- froze over? I believe i am agreeing with Trom!!!! :beersign: :beersign:

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow - i don't know what game you guys were watching but the pass D stunk it up. if the fins WR's hadn't dropped so many balls, we'd have lost this game because our D wasn't covering worth a *****!! call me negative if you want but i'm trying to be as realistic about this game as i can be.

we beat a team who had one win so far this season & while i see a light at the end of the tunnel, it's a VERY small light & it's VERY far away. ;)

Correct game analysis.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately I watched the game between the Raiders and the Cardinals.

The Raiders did the traditional thing with "babe in the woods" QB. They blitzed and used many different blitzes successfully.

Leinhart had many 3 and outs. The Oakland QB Andrew Walter looked very good despite the rush coming at him. The kid needs to learn not to throw to Randy Moss between the numbers on the field. Moss heard footsteps twice dropping balls on his hands. Once he blatantly stopped his route for fear of being hit and the ball was intercepted. Disgusting.

Anyway back to the Cardinals. Favre will get sacked next week and probable will lose another fumble. The Cardinals defense is better than the Packers. RB James flushed his career for a big contract. He is getting few yards so he is getting fewer carries.

If the Packer secondary blitzes they might do something useful.

It should be an easier game for the Pack than Miami.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We will be 4-4 going to the Vikes.

MM WILL get a win at home this week.

We will carry that momentum over to Buffalo.

I felt like Miami was going to be a big game. An important game. 2-4 vs 1-5 is a huge spread in terms of confidence, focus, etc. and believing in what your doing.

I thought it was going to start with the Rams. We never should have lost that game. If we had folded in Miami it could have been devastating. As it is, these guys can continue to progress with just a little more confidence.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts