Capitalism ruffles Feathers

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See story

viking customers hate Packer merchandise

Quote:
It seems that a store in the MSP airport is the focus of this man’s ire. He explains early on that he is a HUGE Vikings fan, having watched them since the days of Tarkenton. He’s from Colorado but was here recently and actually got to meet Brad Childress, something he says “brought tears to my eyes.”

Here is a copy of his e-mail:

I was appalled when leaving Minnesota, in the airport, I wanted to purchase some Vikings trinkets for some Viking fans out here in Colorado. I walked into the [store] and there was a huge sign with two huge displays of Packer stuff and a sign stating that this was “Minnesota’s other home team.” I was so disgusted that I had to get out of there. There were other Viking fans in there also that were disgusted by the sign. I wrote a complaint card at the airport and sent it, and in there I wrote at the end they need to replace that sign with one that says, “This Is Viking Country.” Please help me in returning Minnesota’s airport to solely support their team. Let the cheeseheads buy their crap in Wisconsin!!!

While we’re assuming Childress has more pressing issues he’s working on — game-planning, headset adjustment, etc. — we thought we would at least do our best to get this injustice in front of the Vikings’ head coach. And while we have spared the offending store in question by removing its identifying name, said store knows what it has done. If a sternly worded comment card is not enough to cause this store to change the error of its ways, perhaps the good people of RandBall can weigh in with some “other” suggestions for how this transgression will be handled. For it is one thing for there to be Packers fans living here — they have a right to employment, housing and other civil liberties, won grudgingly in the landmark case of Favre v. Randle — this is not, in fact, their team’s second home.

End Quote

Some whiney jerk complained to the Minneapolis Tribune that Packer merchandise was being sold at Minneapolis St.Paul International Airport. They were actually offended by capitalism and complained!!

Now if you really have a sense of humor go to the link and read the comments posted to the Minneapolis Tribune on the story. The laughs are worth the effort.

Oh it warms my heart.

Check out the link to this book

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

"Keith Richotte, lifelong fan and observer of his favorite team, has written an account of many of the major crushing defeats and blunders in the history of the Vikings--the ones maddeningly ingrained in the collective consciousness of Minnesota pro football fans. There are so many of those ugly moments, in fact, that Richotte was able to find a reason to hate every team in professional football for what that team has done to the Vikings as a franchise and to him as a fan."

The dummy has nothing to blame but his own stupidity.

https://www.millcitypublishing.com/order/default.aspx?siteid=49

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh....that story is PRECIOUS!!!
Poor poor Viqueen fans!!!
What i would like to know is this..........how many of the ones that 'whined" about the "Puker" wear actually own more then ONE Viking shirt? I bet NONE of them! The stores is going to put what SELLS on their shelves! They know that the majority of Viking fans don't even buy things to show their "fandom". I know thats not true of all Viking fans......but as the story tells, Packer stuff can be seen all over the world, while Viking stuff is not.

Now......about that book the Viking fan wrote.........I was gonna try to order it, but found out there are 38 volumes, and it would cost me $285.00 just in shipping costs!!! :lol:

Members online

Latest posts