Capers

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And runner ups to those write ins would be Donald Duck and Bugs Bunny just as there is for every POTUS election.

Well, maybe either one as HC for the Packers. Anyone but Goofy. Some may think he is coaching already.

VegasPacker

Cheeseman of the Board
Reaction score
I don't know that I've ever seen a team get burned over the middle as much and as consistently as this one.
Watched the game with some buddies , and one turned to me, laughed, and said" I'd call nothing but passes over the middle every play".

Have you watched any Raider games this season? Haha.....that's a defense that's getting burned over and over for last 3 weeks.

This D will be fine moving forward, we have the pieces in place and when we get the boys back from injuries it will come together just in time for crunch time.

D

Deleted member 6794

This D will be fine moving forward, we have the pieces in place and when we get the boys back from injuries it will come together just in time for crunch time.

There´s no doubt the Packers secondary is more talented than their play over the first three weeks might indicate. It´s essential that Shields and Burnett are able to return as well as Randall, Rollins and Hyde step up their game.

D

Deleted member 6794

maybe we miss Hayward more than we thought we would

That´s possible. Hayward has performed on a high level for the Chargers so far this season, having allowed the lowest passer rating in the league when being targeted.

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Missing players or not, the defense went into hibernation mode. We came out with a win but who knows what happens next time. MM needs to keep his foot not the gas and Capers needs to have his D play 4 full quarters. We all saw the same thing, I hope they did too while watching the game films.
Go Pack.

DS

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Missing players or not, the defense went into hibernation mode. We came out with a win but who knows what happens next time. MM needs to keep his foot not the gas and Capers needs to have his D play 4 full quarters. We all saw the same thing, I hope they did too while watching the game films.
Go Pack. DS

Not sure if I posted this somewhere or said it to a friend, but the Silver Lining I take from Sundays game is this. Had the Packers continued to blow out the Lions, I think they could have gone into the bye week a bit too satisfied with where the team was at. Hopefully not, but we sure layed an egg last year at Denver coming out of the bye week on a high note and sitting at 6-0. So perhaps that second half of football sent a message to coaches and players, that the Packers still have a lot of work to do to be a really good team and some of that work will get done in the 2 weeks between games.

The first half of football was the best we have seen from the offense in awhile, but the defense it was done against shouldn't have AR and Co. saying "see, all is well". The defense also played a very good first half, minus the MJJ TD. But, the defensive implosion in the second half should send a clear message to Capers and Co., "we need to get better in the passing game".

Never fun to watch a second half like the one last Sunday, but if nothing else, it may make us better going forward.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers have never lost a game under McCarthy is which they led by at least 21 points at one point. Therefore there´s no reason to be overly concerned about it happening in the future.

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure if I posted this somewhere or said it to a friend, but the Silver Lining I take from Sundays game is this. Had the Packers continued to blow out the Lions, I think they could have gone into the bye week a bit too satisfied with where the team was at. Hopefully not, but we sure layed an egg last year at Denver coming out of the bye week on a high note and sitting at 6-0. So perhaps that second half of football sent a message to coaches and players, that the Packers still have a lot of work to do to be a really good team and some of that work will get done in the 2 weeks between games.

The first half of football was the best we have seen from the offense in awhile, but the defense it was done against shouldn't have AR and Co. saying "see, all is well". The defense also played a very good first half, minus the MJJ TD. But, the defensive implosion in the second half should send a clear message to Capers and Co., "we need to get better in the passing game".

Never fun to watch a second half like the one last Sunday, but if nothing else, it may make us better going forward.
That was the best first half we've seen this year! I for one, can't wait to see a little swagger from the Packers.
DS

Staff online

Members online