1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Capers working wonders with Packers' thinned defense unit

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by longtimefan, Oct 26, 2010.

1. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,485
    Capers working wonders with Packers' thinned defense unit - JSOnline

2. PackerFanLV

PackerFanLV Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +182
    Good read, man Jenkins,Pickett,al,bigby back against the jets gives me a good feeling for our D. Dom can open up them blitz play book. :)

3. Mack_20

Mack_20 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    Yeah very good read, Hopefully we get Al and Bigby back and Cullen and Pick can play.. Nice to see we may eventually have unbelievable depth all around though!

4. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Great read.

Trgovac is the unsung hero of the position coaches. Thought that way last year, with the improvement in the run D, and with the personel he had (Jolly and Pickett were average to bad DTs in the 4-3), but the DL lacked explosion to collapse the pocket.

This season, we're seeing these guys really pressure the QB. Of course, much of that is CM3 (we saw when he wasn't active what happened), but the DL may be the best unit on a D that has CM3, Nick Collins and Charles Woodson...

5. PackerFan87

PackerFan87 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    Lol, we went in with 44 players of a 53 man roster? :p

6. DergaSmash

DergaSmash Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    As far as I know you can only have 45 men active from your 53 man roster for games, but I am not sure. As for the D, they are hanging tough. That defense gives superhuman efforts every game even though they are banged up or short on players. The Packer Offensive players better be buying all kinds of dinners and stuff for those guys because they have kept us in every game this year. Its very impressive.

7. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Correct on the 45.

And completely agree on the D. The O should be embarassed of themselves.

8. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,803
    Good article, great post.

My favorite line: Favre had never been sacked by his former team until Wynn pulled him down with 1 minute 19 seconds left in the game.

9. DergaSmash

DergaSmash Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    Yeah, the O has to step it up for sure. Longer drives late in the game would make a huge difference. Otherwise some back to back scoring drives after the defense forced some punts is always good.

10. cantstop12to85

cantstop12to85 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Yea having our veteran players back for the Jets game is crucial, with them we have a much better chance to force turnovers and just play better all around on D (more chemistry and experience). Im excited to see them all in action if all goes well, should be a great game I think our offense is gonna end up being what makes or breaks us. Hopefully ARod shows up and comes up big on Sunday.

11. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    The more I see of C.J. Wilson on the field, the more I like the guy! He's gonna be a hell of a player for us. Mark my words.