1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Capers vs Pettine

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers Fan Forum' started by PackinMSP, Dec 1, 2019 at 12:41 PM.

1. PackinMSP

PackinMSP Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
  2. LetzBreel

LetzBreel Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I saw the same article and wasn't that surprised. I have said before that stats don't always tell the whole story but in this case, they may.

3. melvin dangerr

melvin dangerr Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    That article that sums up why McCarthy should have been gone a long time ago

4. gonzozab

gonzozab Cheesehead

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. gonzozab

gonzozab Cheesehead

Who we need is a defensive genius like Matt Patricia.

6. lambeaulambo

lambeaulambo Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    How bout cutting dead weight and stop playing zone defense.

7. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Every team plays zone defense. Some play more man than others, but you can't play exclusively man. You'd get consistently destroyed by crossing routes and slants.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. weeds

weeds Fiber deprived old guy.

Packer Fan Since:
    Iwas starting to think that my own eyes were failing me - that this defense was stellar and I wasn't seeing it.

...anyway, it has to be fixed. There are people who really and truly believe that Brett Favre's and Aaron Rodgers' careers were wasted because Ron and Ted didn't give Brett and Aaron enough "weapons". In my book, they didn't provide enough defensive weapons to win games. Just my personal opinion.

9. Pintsizedbox9

Pintsizedbox9 Cheesehead

Both can be true. Thompson invested plenty of picks into the defense after the SB win. On the flip side the offense was damn near completely put on the back burner due to the constant whiffs on the defense year after year. It was bound to catch up to us eventually

10. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Packer Fan Since:
    Jesus.....do people NEED to find something to bitch about around here ?? Yes we need to improve but please do we HAVE to find negative **** to moan about all the ******* time ? If we were the Browns then yes but we aren`t, we`re the damn Packers......smh

11. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    gave up 13 points and people still bitching about defense. This team is not perfect. News ******* flash. They weren't to start the year, they aren't now. Half you ******* jokers didn't think this team would be .500 and you complain louder and louder with every win. Nothing kills your Shoutbox circle jerk like a Packer victory, but you can bet your hot crossed buns you'll be back next week the first time they give up a pass to a TE. LOL

You know who gave up more points to the Giants this year? Every single team they've played this besides the Vikings. Cowboys, Patriots, Bills, Bears, etc, etc. all gave up more points that out ****** *** defense.

They're not a perfect team, we get it. But seriously, if all you have is gloom and doom after every single effing play that isn't complete Packer domination, kindly STFU? I mean it in the nicest way possible. It's almost insanely funny how you can predict who's showing up and when after any number of plays. By the same token, they're rather predictable as to when they'll disappear too.

We'll likely not win a super bowl this year. and i'm sure they'll all be here to tell us how they "told us so" LOL If you can't enjoy a game, go find something else. Seriously, your wife, kids, packer nation, co-workers etc will thank you.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Pugger

Pugger Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I would love it if everyone who is bitching about the team would honestly tell us if they felt this was a SB caliber team before the season started! I for one am pleasantly surprised by how well we are doing with a new offensive scheme and HC. We need another good WR opposite Adams and a TE who can run and catch. We have a young secondary so it seems a lot of the issues back there are communication problems. We also need an ILB who can actually cover a TE. After this season's success I have a feeling 2020 will be even better. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
  14. PackinMSP

PackinMSP Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I've been happy with Pettine honestly.

I think a lot of what the article points out though is that Capers did a pretty damn good job for a while when he was here

Was it similar to TT when he started to suck balls at his job towards the end of his tenure in Green Bay?? Sure.

But Capers did a pretty good job for the "most" part. I think people should appreciate what they have had before and stop being so quick to jump to the "next thing" so often.

I have liked the way that Clark, King, Jaire, Savage, and both Smiths have played with Pettine so far.

I am confident (and hopeful) that Pettine can turn Savage into the next Nic Collins, high hopes I know...

But let's not discredit and say that Capers' entire tenure in Green Bay was all just crap...because he had some pretty damn good moments here

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    For the first time in a long time, I feel like the Packers can honestly concentrate on restocking the offense next season. We've been pretty lucky with the approach of drafting three low round RBs or three low round WRs and seeing if one of them sticks. Now it's time to ante up for TE, WR, and OT in the draft. We have needs such as ILB on defense but the needs on offense finally outweigh the needs on defense in my opinion.

Pettine is about as good as Capers was early on. That 2010 defense was a big part of winning the trophy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Capers did a great job during his first two years with the Packers but the defense regressed significantly thereafter.

The current Packers defense is nowhere near as good as the one the team featured in 2010.