Capers Schemes After The Loss Of Collins

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
The more I think about it the more I think the loss of Collins is more significant

Last edited:

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I propose a compromise. In base/3-4/okie/whatever you want to call it, go corner-okie (pretty sure they did this in 2009?). Secondary would be Shields, Woodson, Burnett, and Williams. When they go Nickel, bring Peprah off the bench at safety, kick Woodson down to the nickel back.

Also possible, though risky, that they stay in corner-okie when offensive substitutions would normally demand nickel. You'd have 3 cover guys and a single high safety.

The trickier part, in my mind, in that setup would be getting the best/most worthy pass rushing/defending front 7. I just don't see enough of them healthy on the roster right now. It would be interesting to cobble together a 2-5 of Raji, Neal, Matthews, Zombo, So'oto, Walden, and Whoever-Our-Best-Cover-LB-Is, but who would that be? And 3 of those are currently nicked up.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I think our schedule over the next month really favors us in getting our defensive house in order. We are playing the bears this week with a weakened O line so in theory we should be able to have more effectiveness with the blitz. We know how good Cutler is when he is getting pounded.

After that we only face one real passing powerhouse in Atlanta up thru the bye week. This will give Burnett and Peprah time to settle in to thier new roles. Hopefully by the bye week, we get Neal back and he comes back a hungry beast that wants to prove himself. With pressure on the QB comes hurries and mistakes. Up till now we have not put a lot of consistent pressure on the QB. We are also stopping the run game. this is another reason for all of the high passing numbers. Remember that Dan Marino used to put up huge numbers all the time but couldn't make it to the big game.

And of course lets not forget that we have the most potent offense in the NFL. Even with all those passing yards put up the Saints were playing catchup all game and Carolina was shutdown after the first quarter until we went into prevent mode.

Capers will adjust, Woodson will lead, Burnett and Peprah will step up. The Pack Will prevail.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I really hated to lose Collins, but last season if we could survive all those injuries and still make it to the Super Bowl and win, I will never doubt this team ever again after last season.

Remember last season though, losing Ryan Grant brought out Jackson, and eventually Starks, and Starks is a better back.

I'm not trying to sound like a heartless monster but sometimes an injury may bring out a good player.

Latest posts