Cap Space Confusion

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The numbers previously reported the past couple of weeks regarding NFL teams' cap space is a bunch of BS. Here I thought we were sitting pretty as one of the top teams and then I hear the Queens have 30 million all of a sudden in cap space (originally reported as only 12 million). They have alot of the same needs as us.

I guess I understand the reason and explanation given, but why is the press even reporting potential cap numbers if they don't have a clue?

Frustrating. Now it is just one more team to compete with for FAs.

OP
OP
R

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess truly I am only worried about 1 name. Adalius Thomas. The Queens need sack production and so do we. He would be an incredible addition to our D and for that matter theirs.

For all of their spending last year, they did manage to improve their D alot, but luckily not their O.

I want us to jump all over Thomas ASAP. Because if we do not get him, I don't want him to be in our division, especially wearing purple.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Robin Yount said:
The numbers previously reported the past couple of weeks regarding NFL teams' cap space is a bunch of BS. Here I thought we were sitting pretty as one of the top teams and then I hear the Queens have 30 million all of a sudden in cap space (originally reported as only 12 million). They have alot of the same needs as us.

I guess I understand the reason and explanation given, but why is the press even reporting potential cap numbers if they don't have a clue?

Frustrating. Now it is just one more team to compete with for FAs.

The Vikes were always going to be well under the cap. At a price.

They had to decide if they were going to keep several players or let them go. Especially on defense. If they had chosen to resign several players, like we did with Jenkins, their cap would be lower.

So for a while they are spinning their wheels to get new players back on board and hope that they can also improve. Remember, their "D" wasn't bad last year.

We have less money but way fewer holes to fill than they do so I wouldn't say they have a great advantage. In fact I am very glad our defense comes back intact rather than having to put new players together. We did that last year and it took over half the season before they played like a team.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw we keep the same D-Line and Linebackers and improve the Defensive Backfield.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts