1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Cap Space Confusion

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Robin Yount, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Robin Yount

Robin Yount Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The numbers previously reported the past couple of weeks regarding NFL teams' cap space is a bunch of BS. Here I thought we were sitting pretty as one of the top teams and then I hear the Queens have 30 million all of a sudden in cap space (originally reported as only 12 million). They have alot of the same needs as us.

I guess I understand the reason and explanation given, but why is the press even reporting potential cap numbers if they don't have a clue?

Frustrating. Now it is just one more team to compete with for FAs.

2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,479
    since minny started to spend like crazy how have they faired?

3. chibiabos

chibiabos Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't worry about the Vikes cap space they always seem to manage to screw it up anyway.

4. Robin Yount

Robin Yount Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I guess truly I am only worried about 1 name. Adalius Thomas. The Queens need sack production and so do we. He would be an incredible addition to our D and for that matter theirs.

For all of their spending last year, they did manage to improve their D alot, but luckily not their O.

I want us to jump all over Thomas ASAP. Because if we do not get him, I don't want him to be in our division, especially wearing purple.

5. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,479
    so your hope is he comes here and kgb is gone or very limitied?

6. Robin Yount

Robin Yount Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes. Very simple answer.

7. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    The Vikes were always going to be well under the cap. At a price.

They had to decide if they were going to keep several players or let them go. Especially on defense. If they had chosen to resign several players, like we did with Jenkins, their cap would be lower.

So for a while they are spinning their wheels to get new players back on board and hope that they can also improve. Remember, their "D" wasn't bad last year.

We have less money but way fewer holes to fill than they do so I wouldn't say they have a great advantage. In fact I am very glad our defense comes back intact rather than having to put new players together. We did that last year and it took over half the season before they played like a team.

8. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I saw we keep the same D-Line and Linebackers and improve the Defensive Backfield.