1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Can't stand it anymore

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by gbcheese1, Dec 22, 2005.

1. gbcheese1

gbcheese1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I come here just about everyday and read through most of the threads here. I finally had to register to vent. I'm so sick of reading crap from these Bear fans who come here to praise their team. I read about how Packer fans should quit looking through the green and gold glasses, etc... Are you kidding me, this Bears team is SO overrated, it's not even funny.
    Comparing them to the Super Bowl winning 85' team, now that IS funny.

Look at their schedule fellas, the only reason they have a winning record is because of the horses**t teams they have played ALL year. Do you honestly think they will go anywhere in the playoffs? It will be just like 2001, when the Bears were so good, barely escaping losses on a good or lucky defensive play to score and win. What happened to that team, oh yea, killed in the first round at home by Philadelphia who came into town as the lowest-seeded division winner, and the Bears were heavily favored. Score 33-17 or 19, can't remember. I would be ashamed as a Bears fan to even compare this team to the 85' team, they are nowhere near as talented.

September 11 @ Redskins L 7 - 9 12the overall offense in league L
    September 18 vs.Lions W38-6 27th in overall offense
    September 25 vs.Bengals L 7-24 3rd overall offense L
    October 9 @ Browns L 10 - 20 23rd overall offense L
    October 16 vs.Vikings W 28 - 3 26th overall offense
    October 23 vs.Ravens W 10 - 6 24th overall offense
    October 30 @ Lions W 19 - 13 27th in overall offense
    November 6 @ Saints W 20 - 17 17th overall offense
    November 13 vs.49ers W 17 - 9 31st overall offense
    November 20 vs.Panthers W 13 - 3 22nd overall offense
    November 27 @ Bucs W 13 - 10 25th overall offense
    December 4 vs.Packers W 19 - 7 18th overall offense
    December 11 @ Steelers L 9 - 21 21st overall offense L
    December 18 vs.Falcons W 16 - 3 11th overall offense

They have the 8th easiest schedule in the NFL, haven't beat a descent team yet this year, (except maybe Car.) and you all want to flap your mouths. Oh by the way, how is that 28th ranked offense, should really help come playoff time against better teams. We'll see who has the last laugh

2. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome aboard gbcheese1

The Bears don't panic and throw wildly when up or down by 3 points.
    Theye are dicplined and if they are lucky or good they still are winning.

Interesting how you put it. You observation will be put to the test not only in the playoffs but next season.

3. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I agree gb....stick around. The bears suck Cali.....they always have and they always will.

4. gbcheese1

gbcheese1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree, they are disciplined and they do have a descent defense, not the 85' Bears defense everyone wants to compare them to though.
    They are fairly young and have a lot of their D signed for years to come. If they can improve on offense they should be an alright team for a few years. The thing that bothers me is all this talk about respect they deserved on their 7 game winning streak against sub .500 teams, we'll they proved how good they were against Pittsburgh. They have beaten two teams all year with a winning record, one of them being the overated Atl Falcons at home. Same thing with the Vikings. To be honest with you, living in MN I am rooting for the Bears to win the division over the Queens and I hope it comes down to the final game for them both vs. each other. I have a funny feeling though that the Queens might just end up 8-8 finishing 0-3 this year.

5. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The Bears still suck, regardless of their record.

6. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    dah cubs always suck! Of course we see their fans coming around to rub it in this year. Just review Favre's record in Chicago (or GB South.)

The Packers have owned da bears for many years and I know it stinks them big time. Most of da bears posters argue that GB should cut Favre or Favre must retire, it rather obvious why they are so anxious to get rid of Favre. They're stuck having to suffer through watching Orton try to lead their team. And then these fans argue that GB could have saved the 1st round pick by going after Orton instead of Rodgers, as if starting for da bears is any proof that Orton is better.

I hope these fans keep pinning their hopes on Grosman and Orton -- all the better for GB!

7. Miskito

Miskito Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    First of all, I do not think that anyone is comparing the Bears team as a whole to the '85 team, just the defenses. It is quite obvious that the offense this year is nowhere near that of the '85 crew. The comparisons are with the defense, which in my opinion, are quite comparable.
    This years' team is more than on pace to break the Bears' record in '85 for points allowed in a season (I believe it's about 35 points in the last two games that are needed) and can actually break the record set by the Ravens a few years back if their opposing two teams score less than 13 points. It's tough, but not impossible.
    In concerns to the "tougher" teams that the '85 team played, the Bears defeated 5 teams with better than a .500 record. To date, the Bears of this year have defeated 4 teams with a .500 record and can make it 5 teams if they defeat the Vikings.
    In retrospect, I do see that the 2001 team was a bit lucky and it's quite obvious that this year is not like that year.

So much poison for your first post. Relax, enjoy life. Everything is good.

Good luck Sunday.

8. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    ***MOVED to The Atrium***

9. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    So you have been coming here every day and you are a true Packer fan yet the first and only comment that you have ever made is whining about the Bears.
    Your little pout about the Bears easy schedule does not hold water (much like you)
    The combined records of the big bad Seattle Seahawks weekly opponents is 78-102 for a .433 winning percentage.
    The combined records of the scary Carolina Panthers weekly opponents is 84-112 for a .428 winning percentage.
    The combined records of the sorry *** & lucky Bears weekly opponents is 89-107 for a .454 winning percentage. Are you following this Mr. Die-hard can’t take no more?

You claim that the Bears have beaten only two teams with a winning record. That’s because you don’t know what the hell you are talking about once again.
    Seattle has played 5 teams that are over .500 going 3-2.
    Chicago has played 7 teams that are over .500 going 4-3.
    That’s right. The have beaten Carolina, Tampa Bay, Minnesota and Atlanta. You have the results right there in you post but I guess twisting the facts comes naturally for crybabies. (How did the Packers do against those teams by the way?)

The Bears defense has a very real chance of breaking the record for fewest points ever allowed in a 16 game season. They have already broken the 16 game season record of fewest points allowed at home (61 points for a 7.6 ppg avg.) and they are sending 5 players from that defense to the pro-bowl.
    To top it off you are pissing about a Bears playoff lose to the Eagles from 4 years ago. The Packers lost to the 8-8 Vikings at home last year right?
    Now that you mention the Bears offense, the Packers are ranked 18th. Not really burning up the league now are they. I guess the Bears #1 defense holding them to 7 points didn’t help much eh?
    Maybe you can learn more about them by watching the playoffs on TV. What else do you have to do during the post season?
    :p

10. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Both the Packers and Bears were one bounce of the ball from winning or losing this year. The ball bounced right for the Bears this year. Last year, it did for the Packers. I don't think either team has shown much the last few years. The NFL today doesn't have the GREAT teams of the old days because of free agency breaking them up. As soon as a team gets good, off the players go for more money. The only teams that have been good are the Patriots and Colts. And I see the Colts getting ripped apart by free agency next year, so if they don't get the trophy this year, that will be it for them.
    Just my opinions, for what they are worth.

11. carol k

carol k Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I just hope that the queens don't take the division. Come on Bears. Beat them on New Year's Day.