can't believe squeeler fans complaining about refs

cupacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
seen and heard a lot of squeeler fans saying their was pass interference on the last play. really? i'm sorry, but that was just perfect D, suck it up. and you know what? we had a bull**** face mask called against us, which obviously wasn't what happened... and mike peirera said they messed up on that. here's the link if anyone else needs some backup

Mike Pereira analyzes Super Bowl XLV officiating - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN

franchise3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am a member of two Steelers forums and I just want to say that no one on those forums said a thing and actually stated that ref's were ok and fair. I believe what you heard is a very small sample of bitter Steelers fans and in the name of Steelers nation I apologize.

Claymaker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Williams didn't even hit him until the ball was in Wallace's hands. I don't know what Troy and Buck were looking at when they said there should have been a flag. Then when they showed the other replay it was obvious that there was no penalty and Aikman said it was a good no call.

Didn't notice the refs too much which is always good. The stupid unsportsman like penalties by both teams were warranted.

They should be more upset with their QB for air mailing another pass.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a first. Every Steelers fan I've talked to sucked it up and accepted the loss. They thought the game was well officiated. Well, at least the Steelers fans at this forum.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
Looking at a few Steeler forums online the past day (Hey, I enjoy the misery of conference rivals, what can I say? I'm a flawed Human) I've seen a few *****, but the majority disagree and say the game was called pretty fairly.

OP
OP
cupacker

cupacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am a member of two Steelers forums and I just want to say that no one on those forums said a thing and actually stated that ref's were ok and fair. I believe what you heard is a very small sample of bitter Steelers fans and in the name of Steelers nation I apologize.

true, hasn't been a ridiculous amount, but enough to warrant my frustration lol

there was even a guy on a local radio station that said the better team lost, and if pitt didn't have 3 turnovers then they win. no ****. sry dude, but we forced those turnovers, they didn't get handed to us. we forced 3 turnovers and didn't turn the ball over once, nuff said. and i understand that's only 1 guy, honestly. but come on man... it wasnt even a caller, it was an analyst that's the sad part

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I should've added that I, personally, haven't seen any Steelers fans complaining about the refs. Actually, haven't seen any classless fans AFTER the game (there were quite a few before, but that's another issue).

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You would have to have a HUGE blatent call in front of you to change the course of the SB. If anything your going to play it a little loose in the 4th imo, but still I never saw a reason to throw a flag on that. There was a few other times I thought maybe they would throw one either way but for the most part they let them play

franchise3

Cheesehead
Reaction score

there was even a guy on a local radio station that said the better team lost, and if pitt didn't have 3 turnovers then they win. no ****. sry dude, but we forced those turnovers, they didn't get handed to us. we forced 3 turnovers and didn't turn the ball over once, nuff said. and i understand that's only 1 guy, honestly. but come on man... it wasnt even a caller, it was an analyst that's the sad part

Yeah that's stupid. Much like if Packers were not dropping passes left and right, it would have been 20 points for the Packers. I agree with you!

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score

I've seen that meme, too, but it was on the Packer forum at ESPN, and you can pretty much set your watch by the whining over there.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score

think he was listening to Skip Bayles a little too much :to_become_senile:

Preacher

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looking at a few Steeler forums online the past day (Hey, I enjoy the misery of conference rivals, what can I say? I'm a flawed Human) I've seen a few *****, but the majority disagree and say the game was called pretty fairly.

That's a first. Every Steelers fan I've talked to sucked it up and accepted the loss. They thought the game was well officiated. Well, at least the Steelers fans at this forum.

The forum I am on hasn't heard a word about that.

The game was pretty well called. There were two blown calls, one against the Steelers in the first half, that ended in a pretty good play for the Pack, and that facemask call, that ended in a pretty good return for the Steelers.

There were smaller things, but they happen all the time, our LB's, especially Harrison gets held on almost every play-mainly due to the fact that he is so short, and the tackles arms end up slipping up around his neck.

I am sure if I went back and watched, I could find a number of similar things that happened to the Packers that wasn't called.

In the end, the refs called it right, they let the game go on. There were questionable late hits on Ben, but also on Rodgers. The refs let them play. That is how football is SUPPOSED to be played.

I just hope Good-deal actually watched. Then again, I do think he is more worried about protection the Marsha Brady's and Mannings of the league... the ones that throw the ball everywhere and make the game supposedly "exciting" for the (football) uneducated fan-because the more fans, the more money. Sadly, that is his bottom line.

How in the world did I get on Rodger Good-deal? :icon_eek:

It was a fairly reffed game overall, and that is better IMO, than a well reffed game, though this one was pretty much both.

Preacher

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'd say he was right. Without those 3 turnovers, the Steelers would have won-and winning means you're the better team.

Sadly, we had three turnovers, which means GB won, which means that they were the better team.

If your WR wouldn't have dropped a couple balls, we would have lost by a couple more TD's as well.

Gotta love the hypothetical type arguments-cause anything is possible, hypothetically.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't seen any complaining from the few Steelers fans that have come here after the game. They are all taking the same classy path that their coach Tomlin took in his press conference. The best post-game presser by a losing coach I've ever seen.

The Steelers are a hell of a team, and we should be proud we beat them.

steelersbabex25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There has been no crying or whining at all on my forum. The refs were pretty much nonexistent in the game which is the way it should be. The only really blown call that I noticed was the hold that they called against Miller..yellow and green glasses or not, that was not a hold.

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There has been no crying or whining at all on my forum. The refs were pretty much nonexistent in the game which is the way it should be. The only really blown call that I noticed was the hold that they called against Miller..yellow and green glasses or not, that was not a hold.

I recall a phantom face mask call on the Packers that gave the Steelers some real good field position. That was the worst call made in the game by far.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I recall a phantom face mask call on the Packers that gave the Steelers some real good field position. That was the worst call made in the game by far.

It was a hard call to make, though. I know I brought it up, but it took a slow motion closeup replay for me to realize it wasn't a facemask. Until then, I thought the refs had the right call.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've heard some whining from a steeler fan on a different forum....he didn't elaborate on what he found were "non-calls" on Packers and they benefited from it.... oy

Members online

Latest posts