1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Canadian Packer fan eh?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Cdnfavrefan, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I've enjoyed chatting on some NFL sites but have been looking for one devoted to just the Packers and this ones perfect. Actually got to give Porky the credit for getting me a link here and I see he's been contributing some great rants as I've learnt he's good at. I've always been a football fan but as I grew up there wasn't much coverage in Canada but as the league became bigger we started getting games here on Sunday in 94. As I became glued to the TV every Sunday a redneck gunslinger caught my affection as
    I was a 14 year old kid. I became obssesed with Brett and the Pack and have never looked back, and over the last few years it's great with just as much coverage here as down there thanks to sattelite and NFL sunday ticket. I also fell in love with the team cause I love history and tradition and have read many books on Packer teams of the past and most biographys. If anyone knows of a good book I'd like recommendations. My favorite is 'Lombardi When Pride still Mattered" but Paul Hornung's is close as I got it signed when I met him. I was lucky enough to get a connection to get tickets for the last 6 years and will keep coming every year. Sorry for the long intro and thanks Ryan for getting me set up. (BTW Wis people are the greatest and one day I'd love to move there)

2. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Well Welcome CdnFavrefan new here myself only joined early this month and I like it here good place for packer fan. A good book to read is Reggie White: In the Trenches.

3. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Grass is always greener on the other side...I hear you wanting to move to Wisco, but then everyone in wisco likes to go up to Ontario, myself included (even if it is mainly due to fishing, and maybe some good beer :)

Welcome aboard, and I envy your tv access up there, I'm a wisconsinite re-located to Virginia, and you likely get better packer coverage up in the great white north than I do down here!

4. thetombradyhater

thetombradyhater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    welcome to ze board

5. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Where are you from?

6. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Welcome to the site. I am a born and raised wisconsinite, moved to omaha, ne in 2000 and would kill to move back!

7. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    welcome to the site, buddy! :)

8. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm from Winnipeg. I've read Reggies book and it is also one of my faves. I'd like to pick up Nitchke's book this winter

9. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I grew up in the Peg too. We have another guy on the board from Winnipeg too.

10. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well not much to brag about in the Peg but I couldn't handle living in TO

11. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I just love TO! :) Can't complain.

12. leopardmech

leopardmech Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome. I know they keep a survey on NFLCanada.com and the last time I looked the Packers were Canada's favourite team. Damn us Canadians are smart :).

Later
    Leopardmech

13. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I wasn't taking a shot at TO as a lot of people would I'm just a country boy who would be eaten alive in that city. That's why GB is the only stadium I can handle driving to. Problem here is it's Vikings country in Manitoba

14. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    A belated welcome Cdnfavrefan,

Now put your tag on our member map so there are more than two Winnnnnnnipegers up there !!!

15. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Done, I should of done that a while ago. Does PackfanTrav still post here or has he drowned in the Red River

16. jdlax

jdlax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    GO LIONS!(BC, that is) :mrgreen:

17. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    They looked pretty good last night that's for sure. After the Blue I hope the Lions win it this year

18. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    lol, I actually swam in that River as a kid. I didn't know the Native people had named it Red River meaning "dirty water' at the time though !!!

19. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    LOL I've done lots of fishing but never dared to eat anything out of there.