1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Canada

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Unomee, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Unomee

Unomee Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +37
    My thread on Canadian Football reminds me; I have always wanted to visit Canada. I did actually plan such a trip just over twenty years ago, but the opportunity to go to Europe came up and had I passed on that one I probably would not have another. And the only way I would want to do it is to drive.

2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    I want to ride a train across Canada. I have been to Canada a few times but none of the cities I really want to see.

3. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    I always wondered if Canada was how South Park showed it

• Like Like x 1
  4. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFEFkadk4yM]YouTube - Bruins/Canadiens 2008 Playoffs Game #7 Intro and booing of US Anthem[/ame]

Stay classy Canada

• Like Like x 1
  5. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317
    Toronto is an amazing city. Period.

I've been to Quebec too. Very historic city. I was kind of young, so I don't remember much about it, but it felt very European.

6. beautifuleyes

beautifuleyes Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +31
    Canada is GREAT!! I love it!!! even when it's -40 degrees celcius I love it :) Only issue with Canada is one of our provinces... Saskatchewan. Most boring province to drive through ever. Plus the province has a terrible football team that is dirty and smelly and gross, literally. It's labeled the "crotch of Canada" for a reason...

7. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Whats your favorite city in Canada? Anywhere in Canada you havent been but would like to go to?

8. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    I went to Lake Louise when I was a kid, would really really like to go back someday.

9. beautifuleyes

beautifuleyes Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +31
    I've only been in Alberta (5+ times, I have family there), Saskatchewan, I live in Manitoba, and I also have relatives in eastern Ontario so I have been there a few times. Haven't traveled much throughout Canada, I'm only 19 afterall! Can't wait to one day check out the West coast, as well as the East coast! As for favourite city... Winnipeg for sure! May be cold and lame at times, but I love it :-P

And Lake Louise is absolutely beautiful! Took my Mom there this past fall, and we ended up going on a 13 km hike up some mountains which led us to 6 glaciers! Absolutely breathtaking! Love the Canadian Rockies :)

10. Pegger Packer

Pegger Packer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +114
    I've been to Calgary, Toronto, Edmonton (way too young to enjoy/remember much), and the East Coast (New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island in particular). Depending what you're in to, you'll likely find something to fall in love with in Canada.

Each province in Canada seems to have its own culture and way of life, much like regions in the states, but it seems much more pronounced in Canada:
    The East Coast is considered to be the most friendly and party-hearty part of the country (especially Newfoundland),
    Quebec is obviously French-Canadian culture and is historic and features some great cuisine (poutine? maple syrup? and...others? lol).
    Toronto/Ontario is the centre of the universe with lots to see and do,
    Manitoba is the best during the summer, especially if you know someone with a cottage, or love big festivals (it seems like the moment one festival ends, another one kicks up!). Winnipeg is a pretty awesome little town, with a rich heritage that you probably wouldn't expect from a prairie town (we were supposed to be the Chicago of the North, until we realized :chisux: )
    Saskatchewan is fun if you enjoy watching combines and wearing watermelons on your head,
    Alberta is Cattle country and the Calgary Stampede is their biggest claim to fame... oh yea, and the Rocky Mountains and the West Edmonton Mall
    BC always seems like the super trendy part of the county (especially Vancouver), and the part of the country where if its a blizzard during the winter, they freak out like they've never dealt with snow before.
    The North is cold and mostly barren, but filled with beautiful and pristine wildlife and scenery, if you're into that sort of thing.

I too would love to take a train across Canada. Driving might be a much though...

11. timdykeman

timdykeman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    To: ivo610
    Am Canadian, and Quebec is the most anti-American place in Canada. Hell, they even booed 12 year olds at a kids game.

12. Matty Flynn

Matty Flynn Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +42
    Since I live so close to Canada my father and brother go to Canada for a fishing trip, but I hate fishing so I have never gone with. I really want to go to some of the larger cities though.

13. Pegger Packer

Pegger Packer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +114
    To be fair, that was against the bruins, and they are bitter rivals, think Bears-Packers, except in hockey, and then add in the cultural gap between Americans and French Canadians, and then add LOTS of good, strong, canadian beer.

nonetheless, don't let that example sour you on Canadians, or even French Canadians. I would care to guess there are as many French Canadians who are ignorant towards Americans as there are Americans who are ignorant to French people in general...so you figure out the numbers ;)