1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Canada lost to Finland

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by GakkofNorway, Feb 20, 2006.

1. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    woho, Finland beat Canada 2 - 0 today in the olympic games in a hockeygame.

2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Good for you Gakk! I don't know that much about hockey, but Canada's team is supposed to be the best, right? If so, thats a pretty big accomplishment!

3. bavpb

bavpb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey GakkofFinland, how was the outcome of the 4 x 10 km cross country ski run for Norway yesterday? :wink: :wink:

[​IMG]

Now, congrats to the "Finlanders"
    BTW, I wished, the german Hockeyteam would once play up to their abilities again.

4. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Finland sucks.

5. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Two loses in a row... Shut out both times... Un- Fricken real.

Quinn and Getzkey have this team playing pussy European hockey. They need to start hitting and hurting. We need a good ole Bobby Clark slash circa 1970's to wake the Canadian team up.

Where is former Bruin Stan Jonathon? Put skates on him. Bring "Cement Head" Semenko out of retirement and fly him to Torino on tonights red eye.

Perhaps Janet put some big money on Canada losing? It is still not betting on the NHL so it is not illegal.

RP

6. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    They ran into some pretty hot goaltending, but a team with that much supposed offensive talent should not get shut out period. I also don't know what the hell Bertuzzi is doing. After looking solid for the first two games against inferior competition, he's looked bloody awful. Quinn needs to explain to him (get the fingerpaints) that skating into the crease is a no-no in international hockey.

End of rant.

7. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    lol fawk off!!

Norway didn't bring their best skiers, who beat the guys who were on the norwegian olympics team. They were too young they said, lol, Norway's coach is getting fired now.

This is our new superstar! He's 19 years old, and the Italians, who actually won, said that they were glad he wasn't in the olympics, because he probably would have won :p He's some kind of wonderboy..

[​IMG]

He won all the medals in the juniorchampionship, and didn't meet any competition, after all he's in world class at the senior level already!

I'll meet you in 4 years in Vancouver Harald, when Petter Northug jr. wins 5 gold medals, at least!

8. bavpb

bavpb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmmhh, a blind date with a Norwegian in Vancouver in four years !? [​IMG]
    Sounds interesting. :wink:
    Btw. here's a cartoon of a blind date. :lol: :lol:
    [​IMG]

9. cdnpackfan

cdnpackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Finland skated better, passed MUCH better, and played better defense. Sure they trap up, but their passes were right on tape to tape and lets be honest-they skated circles around a few people. Selanne and Co. played much better than us. We lost to Switzerland before that too....no offense, give the Swiss credit, they have played well, but we need to win those games. It just looks like Team Canada, as talented as they are, have no chemistry, are being out worked/hit, and turning the puck over....thats not our game!

Luckily we won today, but I didn't see any of the game so I don't know how we played......but it looks like we really need to improve going by the other two games before. I still think we have the talent to do it, its just whether we can put it all together.