1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

can YOU make me a college football fan?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by tromadz, Sep 2, 2006.

1. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I'm not a college fan. I want to be though.

Can you tell me which games to watch, which players to watch?

Can you tell me why its entertaining?

One thing I hate is the bad tackling, but I'm a Packers fan so that shouldn't bother me TOO much.

but I want to be converted, but I just can never get into it. I HAVE to be missing something.

Help me!

2. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I like to watch to see players play for the love of the game. I also like to see if I can predict who will be a 'stud' in the NFL and also its cool to watch so when the draft happens you MIGHT have seen the player play live.

3. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Trom I can't help you to much but over the last few years I'm getting into it pretty heavy. What did it was picking a team(Badgers) and starting to follow them. To me what makes it so exciting is the connection to the college. I have a hard time watching it strictly on the quality of football but love the atmosphere. Outside of that I enjoy the big rivalries like Miami-FloridaState, and Wisconsin- Iowa

4. thetombradyhater

thetombradyhater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm like you I've been trying to be converted this offseason. I mean know I know about more than USC and Texas, but I am still no CF genius. If you can check out Cal at Tennesee (both ranked Cal like 10 Ten like 20 somthin) tonight i think at 5. That and FSU vs Miami I think are the best games this week. Some top teams are Ohio State and Notre Dame (you probably allready knew that) so if you want to see a one sided smashing watch them. Penn State plays Notre Dame sometime soon so that will be a good game

5. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    yeah but there are way too many teams to just watch the games. i need to know which games\divisions are the best,etc.

i live in chicago, and illinois doesnt have a great team, so i cant get into them(i mean, i could, but why? cuz i live here, and should automatically be a homer?).

i wanna watch it but i cant!

6. thetombradyhater

Ratings:
    +0
    just watch Sports Center or something they will tell you what are good games, or watch games with ranked teams

7. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    I generally watch whats on TV. Big Ten :)

8. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Watch the Miami-FSU game tonight. That should do it.

9. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    see, Big Ten

I dont even know what that is. Its a division, thats all i now. I dont know who is in it, etc

i dont know which divisions are the best,etc.

:(

10. TomAllen

TomAllen Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Follow Rutgers, that's a good team to watch.

Also, I like Ivy-League games, for some reason.

11. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    use google

12. thetombradyhater

Ratings:
    +0
    thats on monday actually....

13. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    My look on College football is more action because there fighting for the chance of the NFL and scholarships. But once you get to the NFL what are you aiming for?

*cough* *cough* Watch The Iowa Hawkeye *cough* *cough*

14. Anubis

Anubis Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Watch the Notre Dame/Penn State game on Saturday (3:30 EST).

GO IRISH!!!

Robert C. Hedley

15. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I like the Irish a lot but found myself cheering for Georgia Tech last night

16. kmac

kmac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Next week 2 huge games are going to be on. #1 Ohio State (Big Ten) will be playing #3 Texas (Big 12). These 2 teams met last year, with the thought that the winner would meet USC for the national title. Well, Texas won and won all of the rest of their games en route to a national title. Ohio State has 2 incredible playmakers. QB Troy Smith is basically a short Vince Young, and Ted Ginn is probably the most explosive game breaking WR/PR/KR/Trick play guy in the country. Texas has the most talented team in the country, but QB is the question. Freshman Colt McCoy was on fire last week against North Texas. If he doesn't turn the ball over, Texas is probably the best team in the country.

Earlier in the day, #2 Notre Dame will be playing #16 Penn State. ND is loaded with offensive talent, including Heisman favorite, QB Brady Quinn. Among his fantastic weapons are WR Jeff Samardzjia, WR Rhema McNight, and RB Darius Walker. The only thing keeping ND from being the #1 team in the country is a suspect D. They've got an incredible playmaking SS in Tom Zbikowski, also a fantastic returner, but no one else. However, they played well last week against Georgia Tech. Penn State will be riding their D most of the year, returning LB Paul Poslusny, probably the best LB in the nation. With the departure of Michael Robinson, they've got a new QB. His name slips my mind, but he played very well last week.

Overall, it's unanimous that the SEC is the #1 conference. Their highest ranked team is #4 Auburn, but they're incredibley deep. #23 Tennessee upset #9 Cal last week. The SEC is also unanimously the conference with the best stadium atmospheres. There's no tougher place to play than the Swamp in Gainesville, where #7 Florida plays.

Any other questions, you know my AIM.

17. NiVeK

NiVeK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I def. have my teams I follow closely during college football season (Wisconsin, Florida State....Love 'em both!)
    I hate Notre Dame, Florida, and Minnesota....

18. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You're right, my bad.

19. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I like Minnesota (for college only) but I agree I hate Florida.....Only becaquse the horrible game the refs called to cheat Iowa out of the capital one bowl win.