Can we....

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
°Jacob° said:
Stop calling aaron rodgers "A-rod" i hate the yankees

that is all :D

sorry, this just isn't going to happen.

Arod is just so much easier and besides -- This Isn't Baseball!!! Baseball sucks! This is about as close as I like to come to discussing the paint-drying, grass-watching, mind-numbing, kiddy ball game of baseball.

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
°Jacob° said:

Ah, but Aaron Rodgers is the real A-rod, the other is just an imposter! :p

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
°Jacob° said:

Arod is just so much easier and besides -- This Isn't Baseball!!! Baseball sucks! This is about as close as I like to come to discussing the paint-drying, grass-watching, mind-numbing, kiddy ball game of baseball.

I don't start watching Baseball until Hockey is over. Now that my teams kicked the New Jersey Devils out of the playoffs, I won't watch Baseball until June.

Go Rangers!

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TheKanataThrilla said:
I was thinking of calling him "The Burt" for his wonderful 'stache.

:lol: I thought A-Rod got rid of the **** stache?

If so

:gutted:

Since you like Hockey I might as well put in Go Habs!!! Sucks that my Sens are out, but I can go back to my childhood team without feeling too much guilt.

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you from Montreal? I love Montreal. Not the Habs, but the city.

We went to Montreal for a Habs / Ranger game back in 98. Then the famous ice storm hit. The game was cancelled and we were stuck in the hotel for a few days. :(

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We went to Montreal for a Habs / Ranger game back in 98. Then the famous ice storm hit. The game was cancelled and we were stuck in the hotel for a few days. :(

Nice to find another hockey fan who isn't Canadian.

No, I am from Northern Ontario, which is pretty split between being Montreal fans and Leaf fans. As the Leafs suck and Guy Lafleur ruled when I was a kid, I cheered for Montreal. Northern Ontario is pretty insane when it comes to hockey. Most kids are learning to skate at around 3, and are enrolled in hockey by 5 or 6.

I moved to Ottawa in 1996 and we got hit with that ice storm as well. I was off work for a week as I work in Quebec just over the Ottawa River. Since moving here it became hard not to fall in love with the home team. The fact I now live 10 minutes from the arena helps as well.

I love Montreal. I try and visit a couple times a year to have fun. I even managed to catch the last Expos game. :shock:

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
°Jacob° said:

There is only one thing to watch that is more boring than baseball. Note that I say thing, because it is not a sport.

That thing is golf. I'd rather listen to 20 4-year-olds sing Mary Had a Little Lamb out of key than watch golf.

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ElleBlue said:

Nice to find another hockey fan who isn't Canadian.

No, I am from Northern Ontario, which is pretty split between being Montreal fans and Leaf fans. As the Leafs suck and Guy Lafleur ruled when I was a kid, I cheered for Montreal. Northern Ontario is pretty insane when it comes to hockey. Most kids are learning to skate at around 3, and are enrolled in hockey by 5 or 6.

I moved to Ottawa in 1996 and we got hit with that ice storm as well. I was off work for a week as I work in Quebec just over the Ottawa River. Since moving here it became hard not to fall in love with the home team. The fact I now live 10 minutes from the arena helps as well.

I love Montreal. I try and visit a couple times a year to have fun. I even managed to catch the last Expos game. :shock:

I love Montreal too. It's such a fun city. I've never been to an Expos game though. It's a shame they lost their baseball team. It's even more of a shame they lost the Nordiques to Colorado. What's up with that??? Most Americans don't like hockey. Most of my friends don't like it either. :(

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love Montreal too. It's such a fun city. I've never been to an Expos game though. It's a shame they lost their baseball team. It's even more of a shame they lost the Nordiques to Colorado. What's up with that??? Most Americans don't like hockey. Most of my friends don't like it either. :(

You should visit Quebec City. It is absolutely gorgeous. A very romantic place to take a spouse.

I think many Canadians were upset when the Nordiques left, especially since they won the Cup in their first year in Colorado. That being said Patrick Roy would never have been traded to Quebec so it is debatable whether Quebec could have won a cup if they had stayed.

It is hard to blame Americans for not liking hockey. The exposure in the States is dismall and I have to laugh that some friends of mine cannot even get some of the playoff games due to their cable providers and they live just outside of Pittsburgh. It also helps if you play the sport as well. I am guessing there are not many hockey rinks and those that exist are too expensive for many people to afford. It is a very expensive sport to play.

How did you become a hockey ElleBlue? Rangers in 1994? Gretzky?

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ElleBlue said:

I think many Canadians were upset when the Nordiques left, especially since they won the Cup in their first year in Colorado. That being said Patrick Roy would never have been traded to Quebec so it is debatable whether Quebec could have won a cup if they had stayed.

Until the lockout/CBA disgrace of a couple years back, The Avalanche sold out nearly every game, including the regular season. The hockey fans here are (or at least were) rabid followers of the Avs.

While I can understand Canadians' frustration with losing one of their teams, you can't diminish the gratitude and excitement that Colorado fans feel for having a legitimate team here. Colorado doesn't have "casual" or "bandwagon" Avs fans. Now in their 11th season here, their resurgence and series win over Minnesota (who never should have lost the Northstars, while we're on the subject of relocation) this week have got people buzzing again.

As a boy who grew up a Northstars fan, I can sympathize wtih Quebecians, but as someone who has also been the recipient of a moved team, I can tell you it's not a completely horrible thing.. :)

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ElleBlue said:

You should visit Quebec City. It is absolutely gorgeous. A very romantic place to take a spouse.

It is hard to blame Americans for not liking hockey. The exposure in the States is dismall and I have to laugh that some friends of mine cannot even get some of the playoff games due to their cable providers and they live just outside of Pittsburgh. It also helps if you play the sport as well. I am guessing there are not many hockey rinks and those that exist are too expensive for many people to afford. It is a very expensive sport to play.

My dad always took me to Rangers and Mets games growing up. We lived in New York City, so we'd hop a subway and go to the Garden. When I was a kid, hockey was the only thing that held my interest. I didn't understand football at all and baseball was slow moving.

for most of my life (I shouldn't confess this here) I only watched hockey and baseball. My dad is a Packers fan (since before Lombardi) and my brother and I followed suit (just like we did with the Mets and Rangers). I had Packers logo gear. But I didn't really sit through an entire game. I'd just ask if they won or not and what was the score. It wasn't until about 1990 that I got really interested in football. That was a good time to get interested in Packers I would say.

I was really floored when the Rangers got the Stanley cup in '94. I had seen them get in the playoffs and get eliminated. Back in the 80's, I had to watch the Islanders get (if I remember correctly 3 cups in a row)! UGH!

I would love to go to Quebec City. I was in Montreal with friends and they went on to Quebec city. I had to go home (for work), so I just stayed in Montreal for two more days and drove home (9 hours).

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
ElleBlue said:

Until the lockout/CBA disgrace of a couple years back, The Avalanche sold out nearly every game, including the regular season. The hockey fans here are (or at least were) rabid followers of the Avs.

While I can understand Canadians' frustration with losing one of their teams, you can't diminish the gratitude and excitement that Colorado fans feel for having a legitimate team here. Colorado doesn't have "casual" or "bandwagon" Avs fans. Now in their 11th season here, their resurgence and series win over Minnesota (who never should have lost the Northstars, while we're on the subject of relocation) this week have got people buzzing again.

As a boy who grew up a Northstars fan, I can sympathize wtih Quebecians, but as someone who has also been the recipient of a moved team, I can tell you it's not a completely horrible thing.. :)

I don't think Canadians are upset with Colorado as they have shown to be loyal fans, they are upset with losing a team period. Losing the Jets also annoys many of us. To have such hardcore hockey fans, but only 6 teams in a 30 team league is rather frustrating.

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TheKanataThrilla said:
ElleBlue said:

My dad always took me to Rangers and Mets games growing up. We lived in New York City, so we'd hop a subway and go to the Garden. When I was a kid, hockey was the only thing that held my interest. I didn't understand football at all and baseball was slow moving.

for most of my life (I shouldn't confess this here) I only watched hockey and baseball. My dad is a Packers fan (since before Lombardi) and my brother and I followed suit (just like we did with the Mets and Rangers). I had Packers logo gear. But I didn't really sit through an entire game. I'd just ask if they won or not and what was the score. It wasn't until about 1990 that I got really interested in football. That was a good time to get interested in Packers I would say.

I was really floored when the Rangers got the Stanley cup in '94. I had seen them get in the playoffs and get eliminated. Back in the 80's, I had to watch the Islanders get (if I remember correctly 3 cups in a row)! UGH!

I would love to go to Quebec City. I was in Montreal with friends and they went on to Quebec city. I had to go home (for work), so I just stayed in Montreal for two more days and drove home (9 hours).

Actually it was 4 in a row for the Isle back in the 80's. What a great team they had.

Members online

Latest posts