Can we put Aaron in yet???

sbp_387

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:
guys "ok we are giving up on this season for a higher draft pick

*cough* Texans in 2005 *cough*

u are saying that everyone on the packers team are not smat enough to know when the season is over. for example 3 games to go and even if we win all 3 thier is no way we would make it. The guys are smart enough to know something like that. I was trying to say put arron in if this is the case b/c if he looses then it would not be a big loss. I was saying that if we kept bret in the game in this case all he would do is win which is not as important when the season is over. I never said that the team should quit.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sbp_387 said:
Cory said:

u are saying that everyone on the packers team are not smat enough to know when the season is over. for example 3 games to go and even if we win all 3 thier is no way we would make it. The guys are smart enough to know something like that. I was trying to say put arron in if this is the case b/c if he looses then it would not be a big loss. I was saying that if we kept bret in the game in this case all he would do is win which is not as important when the season is over. I never said that the team should quit.

yeah, but I think pride has something to do with it. If we are 4-9 or something then still think they would try to at least get to 7-9. Like I said how do you build an agressive winning attitude like that?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sbp_387 said:
Cory said:

The players are also smart enought to know that they have stipulations in their contract stating if they get to this amount of yardage or touchdowns in one season that they get a bonus. So add that in there and most would play every game as hard as they can especially with money on the line.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It already started on Foxsports this morning:
<quote>
Time to sit Favre?
The Packers beat the Buffalo Bills everywhere except on the scoreboard. Green Bay running back Ahman Green rushed for more yards (122) than J.P. Losman had passing (102) yards. Brett Favre passed for 287 yards, but he had two interceptions. In fact, the Packers turned the ball over four times while the Bills were perfect.

Favre entered the game with a three-game stretch without a turnover but that all collapsed in Orchard Park.

I know the Packers still have an outside shot in the NFC playoff race, but when is it time to start playing Aaron Rodgers? Does rookie head coach Mike McCarthy wait until the Packers are officially eliminated from contention? Or does he decide to get the future going now with Rodgers?

The future in Green Bay is not Favre. The more McCarthy waits to play Rodgers, the more he tells the world that Rodgers may not be Green Bay's future, either.<endquote>

I guess Brett forgot those little details -- like telling the center when to snap the ball (who snapped early on other plays that did not end in fumbles as well) and thnking he was playing soccer and trying to pass the ball using his head.
You know it could be time for the kid to go in.

That old #4 guy is only
4th in the league in completions,
7th in the league in passing yards,
7th(tied) in the league in passing TD's.

It is time somebody better got a chance to play.......

Come to think of it, I'm going to die some day so maybe I should buy a casket climb in and wait. Why waste time? The future is coming.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO you dont substitute a 3 time MVP and superbowl winner with a rookie if you cant help it...even if Brett played horrible all season long I wouldnt have put Rodgers in, Rodgers can learn so much from Farve being there let him keep learning...look at all the QB's that have learned from Farve Hasselbeck for one and look at him now, that is because he sat and learned from the best...Favre isnt ready to hang it up yet not playing the way he continues to play...

OP
OP
C

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man..how old do you guys sound?

Why not just write this?

"Who wants to replace Brett now...nanananana.."

Even I said that Brett plays well..but again..are we playing for the PRESENT or the FUTURE? In San Diego..two time Pro Bowl QB Drew Brees played REALLY WELL and Phillip Rivers has to wait for him...that doesn't mean that Rivers was WORSE than Brees did it?

Brees was the present and Rivers is the future.

Favre is a GREAT HOF QB..I'll say it once again for those who like to pigeon hole people...

I AM A FAN OF BRETT FAVRE...
I AM NOT AGAINST BRETT FAVRE...
I CHEER WHEN HE PLAYS WELL...

That being said..Brett Favre is NOT THE FUTURE...
Aaron Rodgers IS THE FUTURE...

Sooner or later you'll have to realize that...

I'll be smiling when all these rah rah Brett Fans will quickly flame people who come into this forum 2-3 years from now who are talking about Aaron Rodgers and they say "NO WAY! Aaron all the way...no matter what"

Hindsight is so 20/20....

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude, why do you hate Brett so much?

I Kid! I Kid!

Seriously, I would like to play for the present. The MN game showed we can beat an average team and how far we have come. The future is Jennings, the O-Line, Kampman, our young DB's and LB's. Now I know some of them will leave. So Rodgers is the only part that is new and not yet implemented.

I still have hope for the playoffs this year and Brett gives us our best chance. I don't want to change stream mid-horse. :twocents:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts