Can we put Aaron in yet???

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not happy with Brett's play yesterday. I have said this on numerous occasions. I expect Brett to make better decisions than he makes. If that were a rookie QB I'd be *****ing like crazy. He's not a rookie however, he's a future hall of famer who needs to play under control. He still makes plays that only a few people can make. What I'd like to see McCarthy do however is find a few series here and there for Rogers to get a little playing time. I thought there were a couple of times yesterday where pulling Brett for a series or two and letting him pull it back together might have been an option. I know no one does that in the NFL, but I've often wondered why.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not happy with Brett's play yesterday. I have said this on numerous occasions. I expect Brett to make better decisions than he makes. If that were a rookie QB I'd be *****ing like crazy. He's not a rookie however, he's a future hall of famer who needs to play under control. He still makes plays that only a few people can make. What I'd like to see McCarthy do however is find a few series here and there for Rogers to get a little playing time. I thought there were a couple of times yesterday where pulling Brett for a series or two and letting him pull it back together might have been an option. I know no one does that in the NFL, but I've often wondered why.

So Tom Brady should have been benched for awhile?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I find it hilarious that trom has a problem with people that like Favre yet gets fooled by this guy with a name like Cal2GreenBay.

why do you go out of your way to mention my name?

and why do you lie saying i have a problem wit people who like favre?

and why ..nevermind, you do what you want here.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre might be back again next year. So why put Rodgers in?
Favre is still a very good QB..........he didn't make all the mistakes alone. The center blew a few, and the INT in the endzone was a gift to the defender when it bounced into his hands.
The Packers were the better team.....they killed themselves.

Good post Chessy,,couldnt have said it better myself..:)

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Depack, why do you get upset whenever anyone criticizes Brett? If you've read any of my posts, I've always spoken highly of the guy. My biggest critiicsm is that he makes too many bad decisions. And my question was, I wonder why when a QB is struggling that the coach doesn't let the other guy play for a series or two and let the starter take a break. It was simply a question. And yeah, if Tom Brady were struggling I'd say let's see what the other guy can do. In football you can put the starter back in on the next play if you want to.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Depack, why do you get upset whenever anyone criticizes Brett? If you've read any of my posts, I've always spoken highly of the guy. My biggest critiicsm is that he makes too many bad decisions. And my question was, I wonder why when a QB is struggling that the coach doesn't let the other guy play for a series or two and let the starter take a break. It was simply a question. And yeah, if Tom Brady were struggling I'd say let's see what the other guy can do. In football you can put the starter back in on the next play if you want to.

You are correct. If the Bears had sat Grossman down after the first half against Miami they could have won that game. They were only down by 7 and Grossman was flinging it up for grabs. People compare him to Favre's style of play and it is driving Bears fans crazy.
Very good one day, very bad the next. The whole gun slinger style will win you some games but it will cost you in others.
I wanted Drew Brees. You know just what you are getting every game.

joshm4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah over the past 3 seasons ive noticed brett hasnt been consistent like he used to be. alot of games were lost like that last year when we he was trying to put us in fg position to win hed sling it up when he had nothing and thered be a pick and theyed get into positionj and kick a fg and win

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Ahem, back to the topic. :)

:roll:
Ok, does Favre give you the best chance to win?
Including the lose to the Vikings in the playoffs in 2004, The Packers are 7-18 with Brett Favre at QB.
In those last 25 games Favre has 31 TDs, 40 INTs, 16 Fumbles and a passer rating of 68.36 and is not getting any younger.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stats don't reveal all.

Wins, loses, TDs, INTs, Fumbles, Passer rating.....
What exactly does reveal how a QB is playing to you?

Not doing a leap into the crowd, not the TV comercial, not reliving his past glory, not talking about his place in the record books.

I am talking about playing and winning games in the NFL right now.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Including the lose to the Vikings in the playoffs in 2004, The Packers are 7-18 with Brett Favre at QB.
In those last 25 games Favre has 31 TDs, 40 INTs, 16 Fumbles and a passer rating of 68.36 and is not getting any younger.

I predict...a massive karma decline in your future.

However, those are very eye opening stats.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:

I predict...a massive karma decline in your future.

However, those are very eye opening stats.

In 2004 and 2005, Kerry Collins (who is 4 years younger than Favre) teams went 9-23 while he had 41 TDs, 32 INTs and a passer rating of 76.05 and he is considered washed up and is now the emergency QB for a bad Titans team.
Not everyone lives in the past.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Green loses the next 3 games which they certainly could and we're sitting their at 3-8 then I think it's fair to start asking this question. This is likely Favre's last year unless we go on a win streak RIGHT NOW. I'm talking out of the next 6 win at least 4. I say this because 7-7 would look great going into the final 2 weeks. I don't think it's going to happen though. They won't be favorite in any of them except maybe the 49ers and Lions. So at 3-8 Rodgers should start to see playing time. Whether it's starting or whether it's slowly working him in like the Titans did with Vince Young. I actually think letting Favre start and giving Rodgers a few series a game when we’re out of the playoff race isn’t a bad idea.

With all this said Rodgers will not start a game this year unless Favre gets hurt and that’s as likely to happen as the Lions winning the Super Bowl.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cuz a lot of people here are Favre fans 1st, and Packers fans 2nd.

And some here are TT lovers first
MM lovers second
Packer fans third
Brett Favre fans fourth

I find that their knowledge of what it takes to lead a football team or to even know how to be a leader period is almost null.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Lighten up Francis........I'm not upset...you asked the question and I answered it with another question. Again, if you have a problem with the way I post please ignore!!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
And I find it hilarious that trom has a problem with people that like Favre yet gets fooled by this guy with a name like Cal2GreenBay.

I always do.

Isn't that what this forum is for?

BTW.....you promised to "ignore" me....what happened?

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmm..that Bills loss was ugly. Can we put Aaron in yet?

I think I lost a couple IQ points just reading that.

Good one.... It made me literally laugh out loud. :rotflmao:

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
DePack said:

I always do.

Post Edit by Porky

Let's try not to start anything

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
tromadz said:
DePack said:

I always do.

Post Edit by Porky

Let's try not to start anything

Damn....I missed it!

OP
OP
C

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cal2GreenBay said:
I get smites for just a regular comment?

Anyhow...I'm a PACKER fan you guys...
And I'm a PACKER FAN first and Favre/Rodgers fan second..

So why do I get smites for just bringing up ideas?

First of all....I don't remember you ever posting anything but Aaron Rodgers threads, so I doubt you are or were a Packer fan before they drafted Rodgers, hence your screen name. So just be honest...you may fool some but not me.

Obviously alot of people see through it, hence the smites. BTW...I don't play the smite game.

I guess you have a really BAD memory then...DePack.

I posted recently about how AWESOME Brett's arm was and how w/a flick of a wrist he can throw a 20 yard bullet.
I also said he's still one of the strongest armed QBs in the game at over 35...

I don't fool you? If I wasn't trying to fool anyone then who's really the fool?

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Cal2GreenBay said:
I get smites for just a regular comment?

Anyhow...I'm a PACKER fan you guys...
And I'm a PACKER FAN first and Favre/Rodgers fan second..

So why do I get smites for just bringing up ideas?

First of all....I don't remember you ever posting anything but Aaron Rodgers threads, so I doubt you are or were a Packer fan before they drafted Rodgers, hence your screen name. So just be honest...you may fool some but not me.

Obviously alot of people see through it, hence the smites. BTW...I don't play the smite game.

I guess you have a really BAD memory then...DePack.

I posted recently about how AWESOME Brett's arm was and how w/a flick of a wrist he can throw a 20 yard bullet.
I also said he's still one of the strongest armed QBs in the game at over 35...

I don't fool you? If I wasn't trying to fool anyone then who's really the fool?

OK......AARON........It's not just me.....everybody sees through it!! :rotflmao:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts