Can we put Aaron in yet???

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is this a serious thread? If so, does it really need any response?

Blah blah... crappy stupid idea... blah blah -- NO!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre might be back again next year. So why put Rodgers in?
Favre is still a very good QB..........he didn't make all the mistakes alone. The center blew a few, and the INT in the endzone was a gift to the defender when it bounced into his hands.
The Packers were the better team.....they killed themselves.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Perhaps it is the time he got a start.

Can he play Tight End?

R.P.

Good one, but we've already got 4 TEs ahead of him. Maybe he can play safety for us though...

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It already started on Foxsports this morning:
<quote>
Time to sit Favre?
The Packers beat the Buffalo Bills everywhere except on the scoreboard. Green Bay running back Ahman Green rushed for more yards (122) than J.P. Losman had passing (102) yards. Brett Favre passed for 287 yards, but he had two interceptions. In fact, the Packers turned the ball over four times while the Bills were perfect.

Losman had eight turnovers in the Bills' three-game losing streak, but played pretty efficiently on Sunday despite losing his main runner, Willis McGahee. Favre entered the game with a three-game stretch without a turnover but that all collapsed in Orchard Park.

I know the Packers still have an outside shot in the NFC playoff race, but when is it time to start playing Aaron Rodgers? Does rookie head coach Mike McCarthy wait until the Packers are officially eliminated from contention? Or does he decide to get the future going now with Rodgers?

McCarthy loves Favre and how he has played this season, especially with four rookies starting on offense. I agree. But the future in Green Bay is not Favre. The more McCarthy waits to play Rodgers, the more he tells the world that Rodgers may not be Green Bay's future, either.<endquote>

I guess Brett forgot those little details -- like telling the center when to snap the ball (who snapped early on other plays that did not end in fumbles as well) and thnking he was playing soccer and trying to pass the ball using his head.

But notice on the INT replay, the "old man" was right there 70 some yards downfield when Ahman caught the DB. How many times would a QB and RB have just given up and let them run on in for the score?

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<quote>

But notice on the INT replay, the "old man" was right there 70 some yards downfield when Ahman caught the DB. How many times would a QB and B have just given up and let them run on in for the score?

Like that is some saving grace? Because he attempts to catch the defender with the ball but can't? Yeah, that some how made it feel better.

That's the like running play on the left side where KBG got beat and the announcer was impressed with KGB's speed trying to catch up. Who cares? He got beat!

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackFanInSC said:
<quote>

But notice on the INT replay, the "old man" was right there 70 some yards downfield when Ahman caught the DB. How many times would a QB and B have just given up and let them run on in for the score?

Like that is some saving grace? Because he attempts to catch the defender with the ball but can't? Yeah, that some how made it feel better.

That's the like running play on the left side where KBG got beat and the announcer was impressed with KGB's speed trying to catch up. Who cares? He got beat!

Your missing the Point. The point wasnt that he caught him or didnt catch him. I think the point it that he is doing what he has done sense he became a starter in GB. He has done that before and he does it again yesterday. Sometimes he catches the guy sometimes he does not. Favre is as good as he ever has been. GO READ A STAT BOOK!

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know it was unfortunate we lost to Buffalo but we beat the crap out of them every way but the score. I believe we can play with most teams in the NFL if we keep the mistakes down.

This would not be the case without Favre. Let MM continue to work with Rodgers. This is something he is known for. Preparing young QB's for the NFL game.

We now need to win a couple that people wouldn't have thought we could win. If we play with fewer mistakes we can accomplish this. Play the way we have+cut mistakes=wins against MOST teams out there.

The Bears go on a very unusual three game road run and they are not all patsys either(for once). We will see what happens to their momentum and that lead in the North soon. I'm dissapointed as anyone that we didn't win Sunday but not discouraged. We're playing too good 98% of the time for that.

And playing anyone but Favre at this point would be like throwing in the towel. A signal to the team the season is not salvageable and that's not going to happen. I say this because no player is going to buy into a story that Rodgers gives us a better chance to win. They all know that is simply not true.

OP
OP
C

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Think Tony Romo. The cowboys playing Tony Romo was not them throwing in the towel. They had a big time veteran in front of Romo too.

The cowboys weren't throwing in the towel. They were just looking to try something else to win.

Sometimes you can do everything RIGHT and still lose. Sometimes even that needs to change.

Aaron might provide a spark of change. I agree..not just yet..but if they lose two more games..I think there's a GOOD case...

Once they reach 6-7 losses..then it's time to try something else...

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's the worst part of this season for me (and last season, actually). The roller coaster of -- every time the Packers lose, "Favre should retire!" Every time they win, "The old man could go another couple of years!" It's the worst in the media.. fox, espn.. They don't stop, every week the same thing.

It is what it is. Favre is no comparison to Bledsoe - yet. And he may never be... Bledsoe has never led a team to a championship and has always had doubters. Favre's interceptions hurt, but Bledsoe also had no mobility and often just made horrible passes that skipped on the ground. Not always, but often. Romo is a stud and they should have switched sooner, imo.

I wish they'd just let Favre get through the season without jumping on him every week. Then we can evaluate whether he should really come back again, or hang up the cleats. If they finish below .500, I'm guessing everyone will push for the latter. And Favre will probably come to agree.

If they do better than .500, then who knows?

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we're gonna go through this dance EVERY week. if we win, favre's great. if we lose, he needs to retire. i guess all that means is the Pack has to win their final game of the season.

OP
OP
C

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get smites for just a regular comment?

Anyhow...I'm a PACKER fan you guys...
And I'm a PACKER FAN first and Favre/Rodgers fan second..

So why do I get smites for just bringing up ideas?

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Don't worry about the smites. Anyway I'm glad you posted, even if I disagree with you. No discussion is off-limits.

It's true I'm a Brett Favre fan. I'm now solidly both a Brett Favre and a Packers fan, though it was BF who impressed me enough 13 or so years ago that I jumped on the bandwagon (it was a pretty thin wagon at the time, at least outside of Green Bay, around 92-93).

So I hate to see the guy struggle, and I'll admit I hate to hear the criticism.. sometimes deserved, sometimes not. I would support giving Rodgers more action. The problem is, so many of these games lately have been so tight, with the Pack really only losing in the last few minutes. And actually, we won the last two! How do you take out a QB when he is producing? I don't know. I'd like to see how things go next week and possibly the week after (when they start playing arguably even tougher teams). If it all falls apart, get Rodgers in there and go back into 'rebuilding' mode. JMHO.

Reaction score

No worries Cal, your idea was a fair question.

Guys, can we PLEASE refrain from referring to people as "idiots" because they ask questions that some may find silly.

As for the smites, don't let that bother you. I am almost reaching double digits, and it isn't the be all and end all. :)

As for your original idea, I would say that the Packers still have an outside shot at the playoffs, being just 1 game back of the Vikings and only 2 games back of being .500. Therefore, we should play to win, and at this point in time Brett Favre is the QB that gives us the best chance to win and thus he should be kept starter.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

First of all....I don't remember you ever posting anything but Aaron Rodgers threads, so I doubt you are or were a Packer fan before they drafted Rodgers, hence your screen name. So just be honest...you may fool some but not me.

And I find it hilarious that trom has a problem with people that like Favre yet gets fooled by this guy with a name like Cal2GreenBay.

Obviously alot of people see through it, hence the smites. BTW...I don't play the smite game.

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Can I please have a few smites. I am sitting here at a PLUS 9

I am begining to feel like "SissyMan." ROFLMOL (Private Joke.)

R.P.

If reverse psychology was your goal, it worked.. You're now at +10 :D