Can we please STOP the----

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn. Just read the shout box (had never sifted through one before)

Looks like it's people that just like to b!*#$ n moan about everything regardless of context like they arent even watching the game and simply checking box scores. Guys like Hayward getting crucified in it even though he played great. Allow one completion or miss a single tackle and the guys crap.

Seriously if I was forced to watch a game with these people I'd probably start cutting myself

Is that a promise? I'll pay my own way. :)

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After having endured more than 20 years of futility, aka The Gory Years, it is a piece of cake to endure a whole bad game, let alone a measly quarter. I'm not saying it's enjoyable to watch the bad games, just that experience has tempered me to see them through.
I'm with you, but in the 70s, 80s, and 90s we had work to distract us from bad football on Saturdays and Sundays. Since my useful years are over it seems football has become more important. And it's irritating to watch bad football--even Vince, after he retired, once said, he liked to watch the Vikings because they played well. Then he got another job. Maybe that's the answer.....

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Damn. Just read the shout box (had never sifted through one before)

Looks like it's people that just like to b!*#$ n moan about everything regardless of context like they arent even watching the game and simply checking box scores. Guys like Hayward getting crucified in it even though he played great. Allow one completion or miss a single tackle and the guys crap.

Seriously if I was forced to watch a game with these people I'd probably start cutting myself

Now you know how the mods feel. We HAVE to read it :laugh:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"May as well just put in Hundley and run read option on every play. Would be equally as effective"

" lets trade rodgers while we can still get something for him"

"please fire TT"

"Fire MM"

"HUNDLEY!! HUNDLEY!!" (3 minutes into the first quarter with the score 0-0)

Lol yes trade not cut my bad, Im not in the game of pointing people out, but the chat logs show why the thread was made. The funniest thing is this is chat in a win... What would happen if we lost!

The chat is like a train wreck, you can't help but watch it. I go on the chat from another site and believe me its pretty much the same except the the call is for Tolzein instead of Hundley. I can't recall ever having made post in a game time chat but I go there to watch the panic. Its pretty funny actually but it also ticks me off sometimes.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People react and express themselves in different ways. Just because they type something into an internet shoutbox during a time of high emotions doesn't mean that they actually are doing it or meaning what they say. It is a means to express themselves, some do it properly, some do it poorly but in the end I think everyone is still Packer fans.

To be fair, the trade/bench Rodgers comments started weeks ago.

I think they are packer fans too but I disagree with the doesn't mean that they actually are doing it or meaning what they say I'm guessing these people are exactly like that because for most of them you can read it in their posts here. Its like they say, its what you do when no one is watching that shows who you are and on an anonymous forum its pretty much the same as no one is watching.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never go to the shoutbox or game threads during the game. My Viking and bears friends are much more respectful of the Packers than many of the posters during game time. Sad but true. Who needs all that negativity?

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The chat is like a train wreck, you can't help but watch it. I go on the chat from another site and believe me its pretty much the same except the the call is for Tolzein instead of Hundley. I can't recall ever having made post in a game time chat but I go there to watch the panic. Its pretty funny actually but it also ticks me off sometimes.

This weekend I will be out and about in Green Bay enjoying the game... Win or lose, I am going to enjoy it.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Playoff games are season ending bonuses to me. Yes, I love Championships, but every Packer game is entertainment and at some point, the TV goes off on Sundays and thoughts of the next season begins.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never go to the shoutbox or game threads during the game. My Viking and bears friends are much more respectful of the Packers than many of the posters during game time. Sad but true. Who needs all that negativity?

Hey, put me on someone else's game chat, and I would probably be respectful, too. I don't care about the other teams, I care about the Pack, and if my millionaires aren't playing well against their millionaires, I want to them to hear about it. Of course, they can't so the other shout box people are the next best thing. I don't need all the negativity, just the other half. :)

Sky King

Reaction score
I'm with you, but in the 70s, 80s, and 90s we had work to distract us from bad football on Saturdays and Sundays. Since my useful years are over it seems football has become more important. And it's irritating to watch bad football--even Vince, after he retired, once said, he liked to watch the Vikings because they played well. Then he got another job. Maybe that's the answer.....
I don't ever plan to retire in the conventional way. There's plenty of interesting things left to do, just not enough lifetimes in which to do them all. As usual, Vince was right.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
If that's conventional I'd bet half the work force would retire tomorrow, no matter how old they were.

It is amazing when you think about the money these guys make, most of them (and their heirs) could retire quite comfortably, yet they continue to play the game. Shows you the passion and love of the game that some of them have.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is amazing when you think about the money these guys make, most of them (and their heirs) could retire quite comfortably, yet they continue to play the game. Shows you the passion and love of the game that some of them have.

It's the only thing they know how to do. It's the only thing they've done since puberty.
If I have a ton of cash, but you have more, I'll keep at it to catch up.
I really enjoy being recognized and trading on my name.

Just off the top of my head. Sure there are others to add, but I really don't grant professional athletes or any other entertainers much in the way of positive attributes.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score

Chat box wouldn't work for you anyhow, Amish. The carrier pigeons couldn't keep up with the real-time aspect of the chat.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
If that's conventional I'd bet half the work force would retire tomorrow, no matter how old they were.

I'd quit for that except I'm already retired and married for a long time to someone better than Psylocke. (Just in case the Mrs. is reading this. ;))

Members online

Latest posts