Can we please STOP the----

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, but they still looked like garbage at the beginning of the game. When they're playing like crap, there's no reason to praise them, and i feel i have the right to voice my displeasure.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, but they still looked like garbage at the beginning of the game. When they're playing like crap, there's no reason to praise them, and i feel i have the right to voice my displeasure.

No one is asking anyone to praise them, everyone could see the deficiencies early. But screaming about shutting off the game, it's over, and all that other stuff is just silly. I was on Rodgers early for some big throws he missed, but never did I think the game was over...

There is a difference between commenting on a play, and over-exaggerating everything that happens.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one is asking anyone to praise them, everyone could see the deficiencies early. But screaming about shutting off the game, it's over, and all that other stuff is just silly. I was on Rodgers early for some big throws he missed, but never did I think the game was over...

There is a difference between commenting on a play, and over-exaggerating everything that happens.

OP said "complaining" in a general sense. I agree saying you're going to turn off the game in the first quarter is a bit much.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OP said "complaining" in a general sense. I agree saying you're going to turn off the game in the first quarter is a bit much.

I think what he is saying.... and he could probably answer better is the difference in saying.

"Aaron you really need to hit that pass, wtf was that?"

And

"This team sucks, the game is over, fire TT, MM, cut Rodgers, start Hundley, I'm shutting this garbage off, and Ill see you next year" (Oddly enough I heard every single one of those things in the first quarter yesterday while in the chat)

From what I know, nobody has a problem commenting on negative plays. Just do it with some class, and understanding that one play doesn't make or break the game in the first quarter.

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think what he is saying.... and he could probably answer better is the difference in saying.

"Aaron you really need to hit that pass, wtf was that?"

And

"This team sucks, the game is over, fire TT, MM, cut Rodgers, start Hundley, I'm shutting this garbage off, and Ill see you next year" (Oddly enough I heard every single one of those things in the first quarter yesterday while in the chat)

From what I know, nobody has a problem commenting on negative plays. Just do it with some class, and understanding that one play doesn't make or break the game.

Someone in the chat seriously said to cut Rodgers and start Hundley? :roflmao:

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Someone in the chat seriously said to cut Rodgers and start Hundley? :roflmao:

"May as well just put in Hundley and run read option on every play. Would be equally as effective"

" lets trade rodgers while we can still get something for him"

"please fire TT"

"Fire MM"

"HUNDLEY!! HUNDLEY!!" (3 minutes into the first quarter with the score 0-0)

Lol yes trade not cut my bad, Im not in the game of pointing people out, but the chat logs show why the thread was made. The funniest thing is this is chat in a win... What would happen if we lost!

Last edited:

4Ever4Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People react and express themselves in different ways. Just because they type something into an internet shoutbox during a time of high emotions doesn't mean that they actually are doing it or meaning what they say. It is a means to express themselves, some do it properly, some do it poorly but in the end I think everyone is still Packer fans.

To be fair, the trade/bench Rodgers comments started weeks ago.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"May as well just put in Hundley and run read option on every play. Would be equally as effective"

"please fire TT"

"Fire MM"

Lol yes trade not cut my bad, Im not in the game of pointing people out, but the chat logs show why the thread was made. The funniest thing is this is chat in a win... What would happen if we lost!

Ah man, now I gotta go back and read the archive. I missed some of those, and that sounds like a hilarious read.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

"please fire TT"

"Fire MM"

Also

Ones that tend to do most complaining happen to be absent when it's going good

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TJ Lang said it best yesterday: "Honestly, I don’t think we deserved anybody’s faith coming into this game by the way we finished the regular season"

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TJ Lang said it best yesterday: "Honestly, I don’t think we deserved anybody’s faith coming into this game by the way we finished the regular season"

What does that have to do with trading Aaron or coming back next year while in the first quarter? I didn't hate anyone for their picks against the Packers yesterday. I picked the Packers to win. But they had valid points.

But what you are talking about is completely unrelated.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is why you dilute it with plenty of alcohol! No weenycicles!

I will be out in GB for sure for this game...Town will be filled with excitement! And booze. Lots of booze, whether to celebrate a crazy win or a pretty damn good year in when all is said and done.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I went through the ~first quarter chat box and cut-and-pasted some of the funniest statements made below. I don't participate in the shout box, but enjoy reading the archives from time to time.

I removed the posters' names to protect the _____*. :)

*Protect the "innocent" doesn't really apply here. You fill in the blank for what ever word you believe fits.

>>HUNDLEY!! HUNDLEY!!

>>Packers lose. This oline can not hold anyone

>>the stupidity of both MM and AR amazes me

>>lets trade rodgers while we can still get something for him

>>what idiot sticks a converted center out there by himself

>>I would have schemed some help over there if I was playing Madden

>>Game over. Same ol' Packers. Just go home. Maan..

>>I'm ready to shut if off

>>im not wasting my time anymore with this team

>>RODGERS YOU SUCK

>>Rodgers is awful

>>**** you olivia munn

>>Our OL is terrible, our receivers are terrible, our QB is terrible

>>game is fixed

>>Game over we suck

At this point, the first quarter was not over, yet.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
My dream match-up when this all started last week was Seahags VS. Packers for NFCCG. Although we are one week closer to that scenario, I'm not holding my breath that its going to happen or my friend, who would be eligible for tickets to keep his "promise" when he said in a joking disbelief kind of way, "yeah right, if THAT happens, you can have one of my tickets." What a game that would be, but one at a time.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I went through the ~first quarter chat box and cut-and-pasted some of the funniest statements made below. I don't participate in the shout box, but enjoy reading the archives from time to time.

I removed the posters' names to protect the _____*. :)

*Protect the "innocent" doesn't really apply here. You fill in the blank for what ever word you believe fits.

>>HUNDLEY!! HUNDLEY!!

>>Packers lose. This oline can not hold anyone

>>the stupidity of both MM and AR amazes me

>>lets trade rodgers while we can still get something for him

>>what idiot sticks a converted center out there by himself

>>I would have schemed some help over there if I was playing Madden

>>Game over. Same ol' Packers. Just go home. Maan..

>>I'm ready to shut if off

>>im not wasting my time anymore with this team

>>RODGERS YOU SUCK

>>Rodgers is awful

>>**** you olivia munn

>>Our OL is terrible, our receivers are terrible, our QB is terrible

>>game is fixed

>>Game over we suck

At this point, the first quarter was not over, yet.

LMAO I forgot the Olivia Munn comment... That is expert analyses.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My dream match-up when this all started last week was Seahags VS. Packers for NFCCG. Although we are one week closer to that scenario, I'm not holding my breath that its going to happen or my friend, who would be eligible for tickets to keep his "promise" when he said in a joking disbelief kind of way, "yeah right, if THAT happens, you can have one of my tickets." What a game that would be, but one at a time.

Have to meet up if it does! I have tickets for that game as well. Christmas shopping put someone a little behind on their income. Good new for me!

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Complaining in the 1st quarter of a game now..

If it happens next week, just keep the faith--

that performance to start the game was just some of the struggling Packers grime that stayed with them from the end of the regular season. they shook it off easily, pulled themselves together, and are now the same team that there were prior to the bye week. So playoff is another transition for them to play as a team and be the favored one's that most analyst picked.

Robert Mason

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm very happy that the Packers won, but I think the Redskins are only a mediocre team. The real test will come against Arizona and I hope it's not a humiliating repeat.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn. Just read the shout box (had never sifted through one before)

Looks like it's people that just like to b!*#$ n moan about everything regardless of context like they arent even watching the game and simply checking box scores. Guys like Hayward getting crucified in it even though he played great. Allow one completion or miss a single tackle and the guys crap.

Seriously if I was forced to watch a game with these people I'd probably start cutting myself

Members online

Latest posts