Can we please STOP the----

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Complaining in the 1st quarter of a game now..

If it happens next week, just keep the faith--

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, based on what we've been seeing so much this past season that first quarter did look a lot like, "here we go again."

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score

Pack gonna win next week, because Cards are already planning ahead for The NFCCG against Panthers :)

I'm glad I had to eat crow, wasn't sure The Pack was going to win heading into this game, but pSyched they won after getting behind in the first quarter !

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nope
been happening for the last few months
and i'm pretty sure it's going to continue
but even i was shocked when people started saying they were turning off their TVs at 0-5
like WHAT THE HECK lol

Favre3132

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will gladly eat crow for a Packers win. I did not see them winning this game - but it is so good to be wrong. Go Pack Go!

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think we had like 10 yards in the 1st quarter. Given what transpired over the last half of the season it's hard to blame people for reacting to what looked like was unfolding. It's not like the offense has been great the last month and it was obviously just a fluke.

I'm thrilled with what happened the last 3 quarters, but I think any fan who is really being honest will admit that they felt it was a lot more likely that it was a 'here we go again' situation rather than a 'we are now going to rattle off 35 points' situation.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we had like 10 yards in the 1st quarter. Given what transpired over the last half of the season it's hard to blame people for reacting to what looked like was unfolding. It's not like the offense has been great the last month and it was obviously just a fluke.

I'm thrilled with what happened the last 3 quarters, but I think any fan who is really being honest will admit that they felt it was a lot more likely that it was a 'here we go again' situation rather than a 'we are now going to rattle off 35 points' situation.
anybody who says they were happy with how we started or weren't a little nervous are probably lying. I felt it, I always feel it when they don't play well. But it was 5 points, and 1 possession game and people were turning of their TV's. I didn't even turn my TV off at 38-8, I'm always waiting to see if they can do something :) Sometimes they do more than others, but I have to say when considering the good and all the bad that has happened this year, i've been mostly entertained by this team.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We beat a team that hasnt beaten a team with a winning record all year. We (supposedly) have the best QB, (supposedly) a genius GM, and (supposedly) and "elite" HC..... Why would people NOT be disgruntled coming 4-6 down the stretch after a crap *** 1st quarter ??

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
nope
been happening for the last few months
and i'm pretty sure it's going to continue
but even i was shocked when people started saying they were turning off their TVs at 0-5
like WHAT THE HECK lol
Who was saying that? LOL, wow..
I hope you weren't being serious.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah that's insane to turn it off 5-0 and a missed opportunity to see a great Packer playoff game.

Win or lose next week I'm watching. Watching Packer football is one my most enjoyable hobbies and the offseason is too long. Enjoy it while it's still here.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
We beat a team that hasnt beaten a team with a winning record all year. We (supposedly) have the best QB, (supposedly) a genius GM, and (supposedly) and "elite" HC..... Why would people NOT be disgruntled coming 4-6 down the stretch after a crap *** 1st quarter ??
That is certainly their prerogative. They should turn off the game, turn on the Hallmark Channel, log off the internet and spare the rest of us their petulant child schtick. The rest of us can then talk as men do without the kids crying in the same room.

LarrysCrookedFinger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some people are simply pessimists and have no faith in their teams. It is those who go off the deep end in the first quarter of games. They're also the ones who never see historic comebacks because they usually change the channel. In the end, it's their problem, isn't it? So who cares?

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can Adams finally get some love... Still not where he needs to be, but I see it. It's there.

And that route by abby for the 2pt was a thing of beauty. Nice work by him.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some people are simply pessimists and have no faith in their teams. It is those who go off the deep end in the first quarter of games. They're also the ones who never see historic comebacks because they usually change the channel. In the end, it's their problem, isn't it? So who cares?

Heck, it was only last January that I kept the channel on and watched a historic comeback. :(

Robert Mason

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess it was better playing the Redskins away than the Vikings at home. I don't think they have much of a chance against any of the other remaining teams.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That's why God created DVRs. :)

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On a side note:

I get the Seahawks think they're the comeback kings or whatever but Richard Sherman goes something like this in his post-game interview: "down by a couple in the 4th, offense wasn't moving the ball, a lot of teams would've given up there. Folded. But we didn't, says a lot about our guys."

What? No..it's a close playoff game. And you guys are the 2x defending NFC Champions. Who the Hell in their right mind would give up or count you guys out? You guys don't get to play that Us against the World card anymore lol

Sky King

Reaction score
After having endured more than 20 years of futility, aka The Gory Years, it is a piece of cake to endure a whole bad game, let alone a measly quarter. I'm not saying it's enjoyable to watch the bad games, just that experience has tempered me to see them through.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
First of all, I am way to much into watching the game to be at my computer during it. But one of my "Favorite" things to do come Monday or Tuesday after a game is to read the Shout Box Archives of the chat that takes place during the game. I swear, some of the posters during the game are sitting in front of their computers with a can of gasoline and a twitching hand holding a kitchen match. Even losing the coin toss seems to be the end of the world to some. Those people are all probably very nice in real life, but don't ever expect an invitation to watch a game at my house, because I think you would end up gagged and locked in my bathroom before the coin ever hit the ground.

Reaction score
I'll say this much.. This years team has more dynamic highs and lows than The Grand Canyon. I'm not sure if it's healthy but I'm gonna start holding my breath between 1st downs.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I berated them the entire 1st quarter and i congratulated them the rest of the game. Watch and react. Thats how I roll.

Its a game, played by a bunch of highly played jocks. If you can't enjoy dissing th em when they F up and living them when they shine .... Sorry bout that

If you want to wear Green and Gold Goggles and smooch every butt every play.... Good on ya!!

If you want to rant and rave about how we suck and the world is ending.... Have a blast

If you dont like what goes on in the shoutbox during a game...pretty easy solution.... Duct tape yer fricken eyes shut (put vasoline on your eyebrows and lashes.... Dont ask me how i know)

I honestly follow the games via the shoutbox, radio, and ESPN online....dont have time to watch the boob tube....ok living in the toolies w/0 TV reception is also a factor

Last year GB did the big meltdown on day one of my month in Hawaii, I head there again Saturday, hopefully they wont do a repeat. Only "packer ink" I want to collect at this years pro bowl practice is from Charles Woodson!!

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all, I am way to much into watching the game to be at my computer during it. But one of my "Favorite" things to do come Monday or Tuesday after a game is to read the Shout Box Archives of the chat that takes place during the game. I swear, some of the posters during the game are sitting in front of their computers with a can of gasoline and a twitching hand holding a kitchen match. Even losing the coin toss seems to be the end of the world to some. Those people are all probably very nice in real life, but don't ever expect an invitation to watch a game at my house, because I think you would end up gagged and locked in my bathroom before the coin ever hit the ground.
Please don't lock em in the bathroom, I might have to pee!:)

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think it could go either way, id the off shows up again we will have a chance, as we always will if AR is on it, our D will keep us in it just like they did last night, it's just up to the off to take that chance, AS THEY DID LAST NIGHT

was worth staying up for last night

Members online

Latest posts