Can we please immediately permaban

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone who even remotely tries to suggest that Jordy Nelson is washed up and or is no longer our best receiver?

I saw people as early as the middle of this past week trying to suggest that he is no longer our best receiver, These people obviously have no clue what they're talking about and should never be allowed to post a single word on this website ever again.

Last edited:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone who even remotely tries to suggest that Jordy Nelson is washed up and or is no longer our best receiver?

I saw people as early as the middle of this past week trying to suggest that he is no longer our best receiver, These people obviously have no clue what they're talking about and should never allowed to post a single word on this website ever again.
not disagreeing btw

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If by chance you're referring to me, I said that Davante was "our most important receiver moving forward," which I stand by 100%. He's likely more important to our success in future seasons. Jordy is still great, but if you think he's going to be playing at this level 2 or 3 years from now, I'm not so sure about that.

But yeah, a thread saying "I disagree with other posters. Ban them!" Good stuff.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I saw people as early as the middle of this past week trying to suggest that he is no longer our best receiver, These people obviously have no clue what they're talking about and should never be allowed to post a single word on this website ever again.

You've obviously never seen Jeff Janis play receiver!

OP
OP
Ogsponge

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If by chance you're referring to me, I said that Davante was "our most important receiver moving forward," which I stand by 100%. He's likely more important to our success in future seasons. Jordy is still great, but if you think he's going to be playing at this level 2 or 3 years from now, I'm not so sure about that.

But yeah, a thread saying "I disagree with other posters. Ban them!" Good stuff.
Methinks he doth protest too much over a tongue-in-cheek post;)

OP
OP
Ogsponge

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought that I read every post this past week and I didn't see it. Maybe I missed it. Is there a link/post we can view?
I'm pretty sure all you have to do is look at the Devonte Adams haters thread where people are still trying to say he's the best receiver we have. It might be hidden by the fact that they use terms like most talented however even that would be false, Jordy Nelson is the best and most talented receiver on the packer squad. It is not even debatable.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Could we add a anyone who said Rodgers should be benched or traded to the permaban list?
I want Hundley now. Rodgers is washed up. Lost his mo-jo. He's distracted. Doesn't care anymore. Can't balance his personal life and his professional life. He needs to break up with Munn. He needs to make up with his family. Needs to see a sports psychologist.

No seriously. That's some of what was said. And now he's in position to win MVP.

Like I said at the time, it would prove to be nothing but silly/reactionary talk. And it has.

D

Deleted member 6794

What he does really well is play gunner on ST. He makes good tackles and forces the fair catch often

Janis' play on special teams has significantly regressed this season. He made his first big play I can remember this season on Saturday.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Janis' play on special teams has significantly regressed this season. He made his first big play I can remember this season on Saturday.

The extra long Janis thread will probably get some extra action after this season, but given that his impact on ST's has been missing and the fact that Geronimo Allison, an UDFA Rookie who barely made the PS is getting reps in front of him at WR and looking pretty good, I would be surprised to see Janis in GB next year.

H

HardRightEdge

I saw people as early as the middle of this past week trying to suggest that he is no longer our best receiver. These people obviously have no clue what they're talking about and should never be allowed to post a single word on this website ever again.
They were not paying attention. I started noticing a few weeks ago that he's been looking more fluid, dropping fewer balls and making more tough catches. That was posted. The first half of the season was pretty rough (relative to his high standards) regardless of the TDs or any other stats one cares to quote.

Prior to the injury, his long speed was top drawer. It was a rare occurrence, or maybe a non-occurrence, to see him caught from behind once in stride. I detect he's currently still a tick slower, but he's shown improvement.

He's always been effective out of the slot. With Cobb out, he took a lot of snaps there, and he illustrated what it means to work the zone with Rodgers. One might have noticed Rodgers "misfired" on a couple of balls thrown behind Nelson over the middle. Those were not misfires. Rodgers was just throwing the ball to open spot and counted on Nelson to react and slide for the catch. It's a beautiful thing.

This is a guy who saw no physical contact for over a year up until opening day. He even tweeked the other knee in camp. It takes time to build confidence after the injury and get the total body in synch and accustomed to contact after that kind of layoff.

And if anybody thinks a problem or lack of confidence in a leg doesn't affect the hands, they don't know what it takes to be a WR.

Last edited by a moderator: