Can We Just Start Over

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least it'd be interesting. I'm getting tired of the same old thing, although we are pretty much assured it won't be that next year.

Reaction score
Fire Joe Barry
Get rid of Mark Murphy
Fire Brian Gutekunst
Bench Rodgers for Jorden Love
We need someone in the locker room that can lite a fire under this team.
And we lost one game

Really? Can we just fire everyone and start over??
I vote we start impeachment proceedings on everyone. It’s the stylish thing to do now days.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Fire Joe Barry
Get rid of Mark Murphy
Fire Brian Gutekunst
And we lost one game

If they lose just as badly this Monday, then what you are saying will be rioters with theses on there signs out side their stadium. If they play 1000 times better but still lose, put the signs away.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fire Joe Barry
Get rid of Mark Murphy
Fire Brian Gutekunst
And we lost one game

Lol, waited all the way till Saturday to start this one. Plus if everyone gets fired does that mean MLF too? Btw, I don't mind the heat being turned up on him a bit but I think he will be here a bit longer.

Anyway, obviously chucking Barry outta here is a no brainer. Gute maybe, but we'll have to see how the year plays out first I think. If you are going to really go for full scale changes, then Mark Murphy at the top would probably have to go first.

Benching Rodgers for Love? If we have to yes, and right now it appears to be imminent. But if I've seen one thing about Rodgers over the years .... You never know when he might suddenly get up from against the ropes even when he appears down for the count. I think it'll be about midway through the season to see when or if we make the big QB change this year.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Its just one game lad. It could have been the annual Packers clunker game of the schedule.

I 100% will bet they will bounce back in a huge way Monday night.

OP
OP
Wi. Mike now in Florida
Reaction score
I 100% will bet they will bounce back in a huge way Monday night.

I sure hope so.

I took my son and wife to Jacksonville last Sunday to the game.
Deposit my $1300 for three 45yd.line club seats.

So that game the packers lost, hit me in my wallet and embarrassment here in Florida.
You think Rodgers would reimburse me for my time and money wasted??

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I sure hope so.

So that game the packers lost, hit me in my wallet and embarrassment here in Florida.
Good thing there was limited fans in the stands last season in Tampa. Before COVID I was going to go to that game as I live 30 mins away from Tampa. I would have been big disappointed.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Good thing there was limited fans in the stands last season in Tampa. Before COVID I was going to go to that game as I live 30 mins away from Tampa. I would have been big disappointed.
Kids live near dade city.

D

Deleted member 6794

It's absolutely hilarious to read the overreactions by some of you to one lousy game. While I'm disappointed the Packers haven't been able to win another Super Bowl since 2010 as well, especially considering they have had the benefit of starting the most efficient quarterback in NFL history, it would be smart for you to put the team's success into the right perspective.

On top of it it's ridiculous to suggest replacing Rodgers based on a terrible game.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I sure hope so.

this reimbursement is only after the princess is done primping his man bun and a 64 day fasting and zen journey to the Thai temples after mining for sapphires...:eek:

Last edited:

PhilaPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The loss to the Saints in week one could be the start of more losses to come. Yes they beat the Lions, but tougher teams still on the schedule. Next is the 49ERS. Not a automatic win to say the least. The Packers are going to really have to work hard, and prove to the rest of the NFL, that the Packers are still a winning team. And if they do lose to the 49ERS, i feel more losses could be the outcome of the season.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
The loss to the Saints in week one could be the start of more losses to come. Yes they beat the Lions, but tougher teams still on the schedule. Next is the 49ERS. Not a automatic win to say the least. The Packers are going to really have to work hard, and prove to the rest of the NFL, that the Packers are still a winning team. And if they do lose to the 49ERS, i feel more losses could be the outcome of the season.
:tdown: really? You thought 20-0 as possible? With a new DC and OL I had hoped for better but would not be surprised with a 2-3 start over 5 games. Then 9-1 or so to finish out as the pieces meld.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. Most fans today lack the long perspective. Maybe it's just younger people on forums that haven't learned that important life skill - IDK. Fans went crazy when the defense adjusted to Dom Caper's new scheme in 2009. There were lots of communication problems. Then the Packers settled in and made a playoff run. The next season the Packers had their best defense since 1996. It takes time.

The offense people can and should complain about, since this is Year 3 of that system.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can do what you want, but I am not basing my opinion on one game against a weak opponent.

I think that LeFleur should be consistently creative in his offensive calls. We've seen him display it and the team wins. When he regresses to static Mike McCarthy playcalling, things tend not to go well.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. Most fans today lack the long perspective. Maybe it's just younger people on forums that haven't learned that important life skill - IDK. Fans went crazy when the defense adjusted to Dom Caper's new scheme in 2009. There were lots of communication problems. Then the Packers settled in and made a playoff run. The next season the Packers had their best defense since 1996. It takes time.

The offense people can and should complain about, since this is Year 3 of that system.

I don't understand why fans should give a DC the benefit of the doubt when, as a DC elsewhere, he has only ever coached the worst defenses in the league. I don't think its the long perspective to ignore history, or do I misunderstand that phrase? Capers had been a good DC prior to his tenure with the Packers.

The offense is perfectly fine, the defense was the bigger issue against the Saints.

D

Deleted member 6794

You can do what you want, but I am not basing my opinion on one game against a weak opponent.

You're actually basing your opinion on one terrible game though and completely ignore that the Packers offense was the highest scoring unit in the NFL with MLF calling the plays last season.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, I'm basing my opinion on the two games this season. Once again Captain, as you've been accused of many times on this forum, you are putting words into other people's mouths. I don't consider beating up on a depleted Lions secondary as some indication that the offense is the on track.

Since you have completely mis-interpreted my original post, I will re-state it for you. People don't need to freak out about the defense yet, since it's only been two games. People can (and I did put should) complain about the offense struggling this season. In two games, we scored 3 points against the Saints and 35 against a poor Lions team. There has been disfunction in the offensive scheme so far, and IMO, we shouldn't been seeing this much of it in the third year of LeFleur's offense.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
There has been disfunction in the offensive scheme so far, and IMO, we shouldn't been seeing this much of it in the third year of LeFleur's offense.
You don't think 3 new starters (2 rooks & a late round pick last year) and one moved along the O-line has anything to do with that?

Members online

Latest posts