Can the Packers get Mike Hart?

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched the Michigan game yesterday (I've seen most of their games this season), and I was thinking that their running back, Mike Hart, would be perfect for the Packers. I think Michigan runs a zone-blocking scheme--it sure looks like it, anyway--and Hart is just the right kind of runner for it. He can make the quick cut and accelerate. He looks like a Denver Broncos running back.

My question: Where is Hart projected to go in the draft? If the Packers have a chance at him, they should take him in a heartbeat. If not, they should take a running back who is as similar to him as possible. He really looks like the prototypical running back for this blocking scheme.

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike Hart is a Junior at Michigan. The Wolverines are in their first year running the zone blocking scheme, and Hart is performing very well in it. He is a very shift back and accelerates quickly. I don't expect him to come out this year, but if he does he would be a second round or later pick. Very possible pick for the Packers as a junior, a senior on the other hand he would be a first round pick.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched the Michigan game...sadly. Anyway I have seen a lot of the Michigan games and the Mike Hart is a very impressive back, he is small and quick and is powerful and can elude tacklers if he has to.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike Hart is rated below both Adrian Peterson and Michael Bush for sure, and possibly Kenny Irons as well. Most project him as a late 1st/early 2nd.

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike Hart is rated below both Adrian Peterson and Michael Bush for sure, and possibly Kenny Irons as well. Most project him as a late 1st/early 2nd.

Thanks for the info guys. It would be nice to see Hart playing one more year for the maize and blue, but not half as nice as seeing him in the green and gold next season. I'm excited to hear that at this point he is not considered to be a high first round pick. I think one of the advantages of this blocking scheme is that your ideal running back is not necessarily the kind that most other teams are looking for, which is why Denver has been able to get so many productive backs in the later rounds of the draft.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
or possibly Steve Slaten from West Virginia, Lynch, or Hart would be very good runningbacks for Green Bay.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Slayton only a sophomore well then I'd say give green 2 more years if he has it in him then take Slayton, becuase he is good.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They might be just as well off with Doug Hart. I say that tongue in cheek. Hart is a fine running back, I'm not sure he is the type of running we're looking for.

Members online

Latest posts