Can the Packers D stop the Run?

BoydAvery

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Besides the DL not being able to get a solid pass rush in pre-season, the defense wasn't that great vs the run.

opposing offenses racked up 451yds on 127 carries for a 3.5 yd avg.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3.5 yards isnt that great. we averaged 3.3 yards a carry and people are freakin out about our oline.

we will be ok

kewlbeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love to hold the Bears to 3.5 a carry Sunday. But I'm worried the run D is going to be our Achilles heel once again. (along with the pass rush)

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm very worried on how our offense plays. Mainly the Offensive line and running game. If those 2 play even decent, I think we have a chance to win it. I'm not sure if we can run on Chicago but if it's close, I think MM has to stick with it no matter what. We need to control the clock and play this game at our tempo and not let Chicago's O wear down our D because of a good running game and our O going 3 and out.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont think we will have a probelm stopping the run.

i agree with porky88 we need the o line to play good and we need to have not only a good running game but a passing game.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We may be O.K. The Bears can't really game plan against us since this is a whole new OL blocking scheme. All preseason we ran the same basic formation with a few variables within that formation. I think we will unleash a whole bunch of other pages from the playbook. CHI will run the same thing that they have been the last 2 years. Statistically we should have beaten them twice last year. We totalled more yards but the turnovers killed us, and they barely won as it was.With more emphasis on the run and shorter pass plays, more accountability on check downs, I don't see Favre having to try to make it all on his own. Plus BF has sooooo much sceptisim from other players, the media, hell even the PackerForum members, he's on a mission to prove all wrong. I see a revived QB hell bent on glory.
Go Pack Go.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts