Can the Pack stop Peterson?

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No he can't be stop. He could easily run for 100 yards on any team in the NFL. He is that good. The Packers need to contain him. When I say contain I mean Green Bay will need to let his 100 yards come by small chunks. They need to have AP get it in 5,10, and 15 yard runs rather than 50 and 60 yard touchdown runs.

If the Pack do that it'll lead to the Vikings doing more punting and kicking field goals. The Vikings shouldn't be able to pass the ball on us so they'll give Peterson the bulk of the carries. Prevent the big play and GB should win the game baring any rare meltdowns.

Porky,

Actually, he rips off a couple BIG runs, that is expected and it won't hurt as badly as a consisgtent, 5-8 yard gains by Peterson.

Peterson reminds me a lot of Barry Sanders. His long runs could hurt a team but as long as the opposing teans kept him in check most of the time, he couldn't beat you alone.

I see this Vikings team as similar to the Lions with Barry Sanders. Thus, I'd say keep Sanders in check most of the game and concentrate on scoring early and often vs their pass defense. Which is weak...

Packers will win this one, 30-23

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
every packer-viking game, i think we should win handily, and every packer-viking game it comes down to the wire. I think this one, too, will be decided by a field goal.

24-27 Packers.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
every packer-viking game, i think we should win handily, and every packer-viking game it comes down to the wire. I think this one, too, will be decided by a field goal.

24-27 Packers.

It better not be that close. I just bet $50 that we cover the spread (6 points).

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

24-27 Packers.

It better not be that close. I just bet $50 that we cover the spread (6 points).

i hate to say it bu that might be a bad bet.....who knows though

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

24-27 Packers.

If you use me to predict game scores, you have a worse problem than losing a $50 bet!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
bozz_2006 said:

24-27 Packers.

If you use me to predict game scores, you have a worse problem than losing a $50 bet!

Well, just don't ask me to pick stocks for you. You'd lose a heck of a lot more than $50. ;)

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
bozz_2006 said:

24-27 Packers.

i hate to say it bu that might be a bad bet.....who knows though

I disagree. I think MM will come out swinging and Favre & our WRs will run up the score early. Or at least, that's what I'm hoping.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i hope we kick their *** too...but the last 11 games have been decided by 7 or less points

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
No he can't be stop. He could easily run for 100 yards on any team in the NFL. He is that good. The Packers need to contain him. When I say contain I mean Green Bay will need to let his 100 yards come by small chunks. They need to have AP get it in 5,10, and 15 yard runs rather than 50 and 60 yard touchdown runs.

If the Pack do that it'll lead to the Vikings doing more punting and kicking field goals. The Vikings shouldn't be able to pass the ball on us so they'll give Peterson the bulk of the carries. Prevent the big play and GB should win the game baring any rare meltdowns.

Porky,

Actually, he rips off a couple BIG runs, that is expected and it won't hurt as badly as a consisgtent, 5-8 yard gains by Peterson.

Peterson reminds me a lot of Barry Sanders. His long runs could hurt a team but as long as the opposing teans kept him in check most of the time, he couldn't beat you alone.

I see this Vikings team as similar to the Lions with Barry Sanders. Thus, I'd say keep Sanders in check most of the game and concentrate on scoring early and often vs their pass defense. Which is weak...

50 yard touchdown runs are far more dangerous than 5 yard gains. It's a matter of how the yardage comes in. The Pack can hold him to 70 yards on 18 carries and then boom he has 120 because he runs 50 yards for a touchdown. The big play in the NFL is by far the most dangerous weapon in the game. I'll take his 4 or 5 yard gains any day with the way he is playing.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can be risky but watching the first viking game after a few big runs and realizing they can't pass we started sending some nice run blitzes. I don't care who the RB is it's hard to make it to the line of scrimage if we get a couple guys coming free through the line. Only hope is with all the attention on Peterson they don't get any easy td's through the air like the one SD gave them

Gattocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With all the attention on AP, i am just afraid that we will screw up just like we normally do every week. And that screw up has been haunting us since week 3. And that screw up is called the "TE COVERAGE". Now i know we stopped the TE against the queens and that they dont have a great one to boot, but we just flat out suck at covering that position. Minnisota should watch some film and try to dish it out all over to thier TE sets, just enough to let AP run wild.

As far AP is concerned, i think even if we are up 21-0, they will pound the ball knowing that he can pick up those long yards. We have to score on every down and not allow the Vikings to have short yardage.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
porky88 said:

Porky,

50 yard touchdown runs are far more dangerous than 5 yard gains. It's a matter of how the yardage comes in. The Pack can hold him to 70 yards on 18 carries and then boom he has 120 because he runs 50 yards for a touchdown. The big play in the NFL is by far the most dangerous weapon in the game. I'll take his 4 or 5 yard gains any day with the way he is playing.

I am NOT talking about 5 yard gains. Packer Defense has to stop him for no and short gains like 2 to 3 yards like they used to do vs. Sanders and the Lions. That makes the offense pass on third down. It was 3rd and 2 or 3rd and 3 that Barry broke the very long runs.

I don't know about you but anytime we are giving up 5 yards/carry, or there abouts, AP will be having a HUGE day. AND he will be breaking LONG runs as the Vikings will face a LOT of 3rd and SHORT situations.

Thus it is my opinion that if we can limit his 1st and 2nd down yardage to a minimum so that the Vikings are facing 3rd and LONG, AP becomes less of a factor.

mike_donnelly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep them out of the end zone. Thats all that matters.

I agree! there's that saying that goes "bend, don't break". ok, 1st downs are going to happen here and there, which is fine as long as we keep them to scoring 3, or even better 0. Maybe Longwell will have got so used to his new Dome conditions, he can't get it done at Lambeau anymore?

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers will not stop Peterson. The only one that has stopped him all year has been Childress.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers will not stop Peterson. The only one that has stopped him all year has been Childress.
Good! Then we DO have hope to stop him! After all, "Childless" is still running the team, right??? :lol:

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Obi1 said:
porky88 said:

Porky,

I am NOT talking about 5 yard gains. Packer Defense has to stop him for no and short gains like 2 to 3 yards like they used to do vs. Sanders and the Lions. That makes the offense pass on third down. It was 3rd and 2 or 3rd and 3 that Barry broke the very long runs.

I don't know about you but anytime we are giving up 5 yards/carry, or there abouts, AP will be having a HUGE day. AND he will be breaking LONG runs as the Vikings will face a LOT of 3rd and SHORT situations.

Thus it is my opinion that if we can limit his 1st and 2nd down yardage to a minimum so that the Vikings are facing 3rd and LONG, AP becomes less of a factor.

They'll probably run 60 plays in the game and it's highly unlikely he carries the ball 60 times. So while he could average 5.0 yards per carry, it's not going to matter as long as he's held out of the end zone.

Most of his touchdown runs come in long distances. It the lesser of 2 evils. Of course I'd want the Pack to stop him for 2 or 3 yards and force 3rd and 8 but I don't think any defense in the NFL can hold Peterson to that. I think he's that good.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
real teams dont get scareed, they make the opponents scared...

and the packers are for real!

we arnt gonna let ap kill us

and we will win this game

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like rain might hit GB Sunday. That means WET GRASS. That will slow AP down considerably.
We will win.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like rain might hit GB Sunday. That means WET GRASS. That will slow AP down considerably.
We will win.

according to the forecast.....theres a 30% chance of rain

i hope its a mess

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even a little wet grass can slow the kid down.......hmmm......if it doesn't rain, maybe the grounds keeper could help out the elements........turn the ol' sprinklers on!
(I can hear the Viking fans whining......."Hey! You can't do that!!")

Members online

Latest posts