Can the Pack stop Peterson?

brnt247

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The good thing about going against the Vikings is that they don't have a TE who will hurt our safties. With Collins out and Bigby in a bit of a slump right now that would have been a tough cover.

However, Bigby is very good against the run and stacking him in the box with Harris and Woodson pressing against their recievers I think we have a great shot at containing him. I see us playing 8 in the box pretty regularly and KGB not very involved in the game. Jenkins hopefully finds a way to push the oline around and let Barnett and Hawk make the plays. If we want to win we need to tackle AP on the first chance, we can't let him break tackles and get into the second level.

Our offense however should flourish vs the Vikes. Jones and Jennings should be running up and down the field with Lee and Driver opening up the middle and flats. A few slants to Jennings and Driver will set up big plays downfield.

My projected offensive stats-

Favre 28-40 375 2td 0 int.

Grant 14 carries 46 yards

Driver 7 catches 80 yards.

Jennings 4 catches 85 yards TD

Jones 3 catches 70 yards TD

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
However, Bigby is very good against the run and stacking him in the box with Harris and Woodson pressing against their recievers I think we have a great shot at containing him. I see us playing 8 in the box pretty regularly and KGB not very involved in the game. Jenkins hopefully finds a way to push the oline around and let Barnett and Hawk make the plays. If we want to win we need to tackle AP on the first chance, we can't let him break tackles and get into the second level.

I think the smart play is Rouse in the box and Bigby back with Collins out.. Bigby has a little more chemistry with the corners at this point.. but heck of a second post.. Welcome..

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We stopped him once and we'll stop him again.

But don't let the purple fool you--Adrian Peterson is a freakin' stud. Him in purple scares me more than Randy Moss back in the day. The Vikings hit a home run picking this guy.

But he has a tremendous flaw. Watch him run. It's not careful at all. He runs straight up with a stiff posture, and that's just him guaranteeing an injury. If Peterson were to take a shot, he'd instantly get hurt unless he changes that stance he runs in.

I mean, in college he injured himself doing a TD celebration.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
theres also another flaw people arnt mentioning, he fumbles. WE gotta for the strip when hes in a pile becuase hes got a few fumbles this year already. One more thing to mention, the vikings are one dimensional, they have no pass game, i say we stack the box and make them beat us with the passing game.....it wont happen

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We didn't stop Peterson. Childress stopped Peterson in that game.

That said, I think we will contain him.

He will be a thorn in our side but if I remember correctly, we played Barry Sanders twice a year for a long time, and did pretty well for ourselves.

LambeauEast

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is how I'm looking at it. He will get his yards, we just have to "contain" him". Of course that means 100-150 yards, but we have to put 8-9 in the box. If there was any passing game I'm not afraid of, it's the Queens. Although the Rice-Bush matchup kinda oogs me out, but that's it.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The linebackers have to stay home and stay in their zone. Our backers tend to bite hard and over run plays that always leads to danger. If the linebackers stay in their zone, you can control him. The other key is to keep the ball in your hands and control the game and get the lead so they can't sit in their running game. He is the real deal, that's for sure.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
how about flipping that question.....maybe we wont be able to completely stop ap, the guy is a gifted athlets

but heres my question

can they stop favre and our receivers

the answer is no!

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Tavaris is playing, it'll be tough to win, even with Peterson. The guy might be a QB some year but not this one.

The key will be the defense......they played lights out against SD and need to do it again.

The problem there is Favre is not Rivers.

mike_donnelly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we get a big lead up on them, then they are going to have to do time management. If anybody knows anything about time management, you try to use the run as little as possible.

Gattocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No we cant stop Peterson. We could not before. He is a stud but that O-line sure deserves alot of the credit as well. As long as we dont turn the ball over alot i think we come away looking really nice in this game. I saw some stat predictions, i am gonna jump on the wagon.

Favre- 24-36 320yds 3tds 1int
Grant- 18 for 73yds
Lee - 89yds 1td
Driver- 65yds 1td
Gennings- 120yds 1td

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had the fortune or misfortune of watching the Minnesota-San Diego game yesterday and Peterson just ran through them at will. Once he was around the corner it was lights out. He is a tremendous runner and his acceleration is something else.

Granted, it was against the Chargers, but unless the Pack can shut him down (like kidnap him before game time), I see him running for 150-200 yards against us.

How do you think, and what do you think the Pack will do to hold this guy in check?

I'll tell you exactly how to stop Adrian Peterson. It's actually quite easy for us (not for most other teams).

You take him out of the game by starting off super aggressive. Get the passing game going and run up the score early.

Childress will get all freaked out and abandon the running game.

Now, if we keep the score close, Childress might do something intelligent and use AP a lot. That won't bode well for us.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
how about flipping that question.....maybe we wont be able to completely stop ap, the guy is a gifted athlets

but heres my question

can they stop favre and our receivers

the answer is no!

You're on the right track.
Favre throwing for 350 yards and 3 TDs and hitting our WRs constantly will be better than AP running for 150 yards and scoring a pair of TDs.

We take out AP by scoring first, scoring often, and forcing the Vikings to pass to keep up.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have a stout scheme against the run designed to disrupt the blockers and let the LB's take over and it works well for us.

We will not stop Peterson but the Vikes will be able to stop our passing game less. They are second worse against the pass and we run stop fairly well so...they're not in a great spot here.

We're not that great at running it which is what they are good at stopping but we can sure pass it and they can't stop the pass. This is not a good matchup for the Vikes.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
theres also another flaw people arnt mentioning, he fumbles. WE gotta for the strip when hes in a pile becuase hes got a few fumbles this year already. One more thing to mention, the vikings are one dimensional, they have no pass game, i say we stack the box and make them beat us with the passing game.....it wont happen
GOOD post!!!!
Go for the ball!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have a stout scheme against the run designed to disrupt the blockers and let the LB's take over and it works well for us.

We will not stop Peterson but the Vikes will be able to stop our passing game less. They are second worse against the pass and we run stop fairly well so...they're not in a great spot here.

We're not that great at running it which is what they are good at stopping but we can sure pass it and they can't stop the pass. This is not a good matchup for the Vikes.

No. As we've seen time and time again this year, a good passing game trumps a good running game.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i honestly not worried about this game at all......btw......weather man is calling for firdgid weather at the tundra.....

GO PACK GO

G FORCE TOWELS!!!!!!!!

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:

No. As we've seen time and time again this year, a good passing game trumps a good running game.

That's exactly what I just said. They will not stop our passing game.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
theres no way in hell we loose this game......unless the packers beat themselves, we would be 8-0 right now barring stupid turnovers. To be quite honest I think we have by far been the best team on the field for every game this year in regards to our opponents.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i swear the refs have been ****** us all year, the bubba td catch, that bull **** call agaisnt the bears on the field goal, numerous holding and defensive penalties......its gettin assinying

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts