Can Rex Grossman make enough plays against the Saints?

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This will be one of the first times Rex Grossman has faced a team that plays a lot of man coverage, which forces a quarterback to make plays. I'm not sure Grossman can be as sharp as he was against a depleted Seattle secondary. That said, there will be big play opportunities for the Bears and Grossman has make the most of them. The Saints' cornerback Fred Thomas was susceptible to double moves and the Bears should take full advantage of this fact.

On the other side of the ball the Bears won't be able to play nearly as much downhill as they'd like because of the Saints' ability to attack in a variety of ways. This Saints offense can be physical or finesse, play outside or inside and executes well on every level of the field. The Bears have to find a way to control them with their defensive line to stop this game from getting out of hand.
-- Merril Hoge

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont think grossman will do well depends on the weather they do have mckinze butdont feel he is that good saints have to many weapons on their o-line mackalester shows how he can run it in if need be,he'll take the whole d-line if need be if they keep hester back and dont let him get the ball on returns think they will be fine

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder where Merril Hoge was while the Packers played the bears on New Years Eve? We play mainly man to man coverage.....**** Rexxy got lit up like the Times Square ball.

It has been a while since I have rooted FOR Mike McKenzie! 2 picks Mike!! 2 picks!!

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even though I think the Bears are the better team and I have nothing against the organization, Rex turns the ball over in perfect conditions. Throw in a snowstorm, and he's more or less f**ked.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder where Merril Hoge was while the Packers played the bears on New Years Eve? We play mainly man to man coverage.....**** Rexxy got lit up like the Times Square ball.

It has been a while since I have rooted FOR Mike McKenzie! 2 picks Mike!! 2 picks!!

What Hoge meant to say is that this is going to be one of the first times that Rex has faced man to man coverage WHEN IT MATTERS...

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is my take, for what it is worth.

I think Rex will play well. He will not be the goat and he will make his plays. However so will Drew.

I think it is going to be a good game, perhaps a great game.

The Saints have a story book "All Amercian like, Team USA like" story to them. They have to win. They have to win for the city of New Orleans.

This is too good of copy for the press and too good of a feel good story for America as a whole.

The C.I.A. under the direction of the U.S. Government, and that evil right wing Network station FOX sent Jack Bower (SP? I never watch the show but listen to Obermann from time to time.) into the Bears locker room to slip a sedative into the Gatorade of the Bears.

Saints win. America again shows she can recover, Packer fans are happy, and Wisconsin as a whole vote Republican in 2008.

(big ole smile.)

RP

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Here is my take, for what it is worth.

I think Rex will play well. He will not be the goat and he will make his plays. However so will Drew.

I think it is going to be a good game, perhaps a great game.

The Saints have a story book "All Amercian like, Team USA like" story to them. They have to win. They have to win for the city of New Orleans.

This is too good of copy for the press and too good of a feel good story for America as a whole.

The C.I.A. under the direction of the U.S. Government, and that evil right wing Network station FOX sent Jack Bower (SP? I never watch the show but listen to Obermann from time to time.) into the Bears locker room to slip a sedative into the Gatorade of the Bears.

Saints win. America again shows she can recover, Packer fans are happy, and Wisconsin as a whole vote Republican in 2008.

(big ole smile.)

RP

I colored red the part you got right.

Staff online

Latest posts