Can I get a...

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I was afraid of facing the aints I'm also leery of "wishing" for opponents because of how often it bites you in the rear. However, all I could think the whole game was "The Packers crush both of these teams". It's now NY or us going to the Super Bowl IMO.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Definitely congrats on the big win. Although I can't say I'm too surprised. Unlike some I knew this was going to be a close competitive game that the Niners could win, and they did.

People have been overlooking that defense because of their strength of schedule, but they are legit and they proved it against one of the better offenses in this league only allowing 30 some yards rushing and getting to Brees behind his beast of an offensive line. That's impressive.

I'm definitely not looking forward to facing the Niners especially if our defense isn't up to playing championship football.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are going to have to prove something today before we start talking about the 9ers. Have to prove that they can handle the pass rush and that our defense can actually play. Relying on TO's to stop the other team's offense is like relying on a gunslinger QB. You will win some with it, but you'll eventually got shot down.

SantaCruz49erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good luck Packers against the Giants.

Aaron Rodgers went to my alma mater and I was sad to see the Niners pick Smith over Rodgers. However, it was probably best for Rodgers to go to the Pack because you guys had a better organization that we did. Rodgers would probably been a bust too if he had to play for Nolan and Singletary.

To be honest with you, I'm rooting for the Giants tomorrow because quite frankly, Lambeau is a huge advantage. The Packers are a class organization and I think you guys are the best franchise in all of sports.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
While I was afraid of facing the aints I'm also leery of "wishing" for opponents because of how often it bites you in the rear. However, all I could think the whole game was "The Packers crush both of these teams". It's now NY or us going to the Super Bowl IMO.

No disrespect to the Niners since they are awesome.But, this feels almost like an NFC title game today. Two SB MVP QBs. Two battle tested teams who have won SBs as wildcards.

Complete opposite of the AFC where both the top seeds seem to be getting teams they should be able to handle at home in the divisional round.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aint's are 0-3 in playoff away games. Zero wins! Holy schnikies!
That means they are overrated as a playoff team and everyone is right how they are a home dome team only.
Either they will have to find a way to win more games so they can have all playoff games at home or to win playoffs on the road.
If they don't do either one real soon then their one SB win will start to look like a fluke.
At this point all I see is the Saints being just another one of those teams who just wins one SB and won't go back for a very long time.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good luck Packers against the Giants.

Aaron Rodgers went to my alma mater and I was sad to see the Niners pick Smith over Rodgers. However, it was probably best for Rodgers to go to the Pack because you guys had a better organization that we did. Rodgers would probably been a bust too if he had to play for Nolan and Singletary.
No one has any idea, no clue at all what would have happened if Rodgers would have gone to another team.
He could still have been waiting for a playoff game or maybe he could have had another Super Bowl win or two.
It really depends on what the team, not just the quarterback, is capable of doing.
All we know is what we got and what we got is all right with me.

OP
OP
Texas9erFan

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good morning, Packer fans! :D I'm STILL glued to the ceiling. Somebody get me down. I don't want to miss out on the brats today.:roflmao:

My faith in football has been affirmed. Football is a TEAM sport. It's NOT all about offense and a big passing game. The idea that the NFL is a passing league is an ILLUSION.

Now go kick the :poop: out of the Giants!

GO PACK GO!!!

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The idea that the NFL is a passing league is an ILLUSION.

Not really, no. Smith had to air the ball out to get the win and wound up throwing for 299 yards himself and Brees had 462 yards in the air. The big difference in yesterday's game was the 5 turnovers, to which the 49ers were only able to out up 13 points. While I'm happy for you that the Niners won, I feel like they were lucky to be able to pull it out. 5 turnovers should be the death-knell for any team, yet the Saints had the lead with less than a minute to go.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Don't think the Saints lost that game because it wasn't in a dome. They came back from being down by 17 points and took the lead. That game could have went either way IF the 49ers offense was clicking most of the game, the Niners would have blew them out, and if you take away the turnovers, it would have been a blow out the Saints way, and last but not least, the Saints defense did blow it letting Smith drive 85 yards to win it. They scored 32 points on the 49ers, the most they've given up all year. I don't think not being in the dome had a thing to do with it. When you turn the ball over 5 times, it don't matter what stadium you are playing in, you are 97% likely to lose the game. Only ONE team ever in history has come back and won a divisional playoff game after turning it over 4 or more times, and that was John Madden's Raiders under Kenny Stabler. That's like saying the Vikings would have beat them in the Metrodome a few years back even though they turned it over 6 times.

I'm not over looking the 49ers, but the Saints really could have won that game. 20 out of 36 points scored on turnovers. Take away those turnovers and the defense blowing it at the last minute, and the Saints would have won that game. It actually don't matter if it was the Saints or anyone else in the playoffs. If you get 5 turnovers and let the other team come back and nearly beat you, something is not quite right. If the Pack or Pats, or even the Saints got 5 turnovers, they would have blew that game wide open into a 40 point blow out because their offenses can score without turnovers. It was a great game nonetheless, but 5 turnovers and the other team nearly beat you just tells you the 49ers offense is not that great.

OP
OP
Texas9erFan

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, the Niner offense isn't that great. Can't argue that. But their D and ST is the best in the NFL. Sorry Pittsburg.

By the way, you guys did know that the Niners have 8 players sent to the Pro Bowl? Tied for the most with New England. Hopefully, they won't be there. :D

Members online

Latest posts