Can i get a tall receiver

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Yeah right bud..

If you actually watched any Giant games this year you would realize that he was instrumental in alot of their wins this year...

But I don't know what I'm talking about..right.

The Packers would be formidable with Driver, Burress, and Jennings this year...or Keyshawn. They may ***** a little but they can play too.

(and it's Plexico..rhymes with Texaco...learn to spell, bub..)

Plax would be terrible because he doesn't tackel when their QB throws interceptions. Considering how many Favre throws we would be **** out of luck!

PS Favre is my favorite NFL player, he is losing it though.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Tromadz said..

go away, P @ ck66....you keep making yourself look retarded. I dont even have to prod you anymore, it just comes natural at this point.

This coming from a guy who said that Sanders was just as good of a defensive coach as Bates because he worked under him for a few years...
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Tromadz said..

go away, P @ ck66....you keep making yourself look retarded. I dont even have to prod you anymore, it just comes natural at this point.

This coming from a guy who said that Sanders was just as good of a defensive coach as Bates because he worked under him for a few years...

Thats coming from a guy who didn't write someone off before they coached one game as a DC. Get a life.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Tromadz said..

Thats coming from a guy who didn't write someone off before they coached one game as a DC. Get a life.

It still doesn't make it any more true!

:rotflmao:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Hey Mr. Obvious..

That's about the only thing about football you've gotten right in a really long time..

Good for you, you must be proud!

(Ride that wave though..It's going to be another long drought..)

The point is Genius, that Burress would have been a great pick however the hell you spell his first name.

First time caller, long time listener, huh? Bob & Tom listeners will get that ;)

You can't even admit you were wrong without attacking. :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin:

You got your whoopin, go back to your kennel. You're dragging the site down. (the checks in the mail, keep it up heh)

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Wrong again, Captain Obvious...or should I say Captain Trivial...or Captain Revisionist...(you fit them all...)

I admitted that I was wrong about the guy's name..not about what was important, the opinion about Burress..

Also, it is not I who is dragging the sight down, but you. And by the way, it's not going to work, Zero....

("Be careful when looking into the abyss because the abyss is looking back at you..." Nietschke)

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Wrong again, Captain Obvious...or should I say Captain Trivial...or Captain Revisionist...(you fit them all...)

I admitted that I was wrong about the guy's name..not about what was important, the opinion about Burress..

Also, it is not I who is dragging the sight down, but you. And by the way, it's not going to work, Zero....

More of the same lame name callin. :thumbsup:

lol@sight

I'm draggin the site down? lol Yes, that's right. Doing play by play, videos and **** loads of excellent posts is exactly how you drag a site down. Go back to discussion forum school and take notes.

It amazes me that you edit nearly every post of yours, yet, you still can not edit it enough to make it intelligent or accurate.

This thread is about getting a tall receiver. Not how tall of a glass of **** you need to consume.

Someone mentioned Javon Walker, how tall was he? I think 6'1? He's definetely not as tall as Plexic, err Plaxico. He sure is awesome to watch jump and bring the ball down. Sucks he's not a Packer.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Yeah right bud..

If you actually watched any Giant games this year you would realize that he was instrumental in alot of their wins this year...

But I don't know what I'm talking about..right.

The Packers would be formidable with Driver, Burress, and Jennings this year...or Keyshawn. They may ***** a little but they can play too.

Buress signed with the Giants in 2005 off season. Considering the cap we had because of the poor signings prior to that it would of been very difficult to out bid the Giants. Green Bay would of had to restructure many deals to get him.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1265

Keyshawn Johnson's numbers this year. Not exactly great. In fact right around Greg Jennings' except Jennings is younger and has room to grow. Johnson is way past his prime.

While Johnson is an upgrade over Ruvell Martin. Keyshawn Johnson on this team doesn't put it anywhere's near the elite of NFC.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boeringter was brought in during the offseason to tryout as a "Tall receiver" but he didnt make the team.

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
P@ck66 said:

Seriously, I'm not trying to make you look like a moron, you're doing it for yourself.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/187385 # 17 Plaxico Burress

And since you'll say NFL.com is not reliable.

Here's the team site.
http://www.giants.com/team/player.asp?player_id=128 Plaxico Burress #17

Man that was a funny post. Can i get a birth certificate up in here? :rotflmao:

LOL... <snap>

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Zero,

Yes, I agree. I think TT should have done more to try to keep Walker, imo. I hope the same thing doesn't happen with Al Harris.

Keyshawn would definitely be a big upgrade over who..? Ruvell Martin? Taco Wallace? If his numbers are as good as Jennings, that would make him the #2 receiver. And don't get upset, I'm not saying he should replace Jennings, just that Jennings is a rookie, and it would've helped to have another experienced vet playing alongside him, taking the pressure off of him.

The point is, that for 2 years now...Green Bay has had a below average receiving corps...they've needed someone who can contribute positively for awhile now.

Driver = Good
Jennings = Rookie, Good but developing, when not hurt...
#3 = NOBODY....

That's a problem.

What I've been saying all along is that this is a big problem that TT has to address at some point. He tried with Boreigter, Gardner, Wallace, Francies, Martin, etc...but failed to this point.

This is a big reason, imo..why the Packers are struggling. No depth or threat at the 3/4 and sometimes 2 position at WR.....

Yes...I hope TT addresses this problem next year because it is an area where we have been seriously lacking. Many people agree with this opinion, but for some reason you Zero, want to personally attack me when I express this opinion, or any opinion, for that matter...You even attacked the mods over me...

But go ahead Zero, attack away, since you are such an excellent poster and a boon for this site... :thumbsup:

It's really adding value to this forum.
:thumbsup:

Name calling, Zero?...I hate to be petty, but I didn't resort to it first, but you're right, it was wrong to respond in kind, and I shouldn't have lowered myself to your level, and for that, I apologise to you, and to the forum. I shouldn't have taken the bait...

Now can we please just stop this and go back to discussing Packer football..? Pretty please, with sugar on it..??

(By the way...I think it's hysterical that you notice that I edit my posts....)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Hey Mr. Obvious..

That's about the only thing about football you've gotten right in a really long time..

Good for you, you must be proud!

(Ride that wave though..It's going to be another long drought..)

The point is Genius, that Burress would have been a great pick however the hell you spell his first name.

First time caller, long time listener, huh? Bob & Tom listeners will get that ;)

enjoy your crummy job :p

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First off, Zero and Pack KNOCK IT OFF!

Personal attacks are the quickest way to a forum vacation.

Why are we complaing about the personel? The packers were fifth in the league coming into Sundays game (total yardage). We need to work on our hands so that when the ball arrives, we catch it. Our red zone production is pathetic. improve that, improve scoring and winning.

The sad part is until this season, our TE's catching abilities have been decent. Sunday, the TE's couldn't catch a cold even if they were outside in their undies. Franks has always been steller. What has happened? could his eyesight have gotten worse? something is going on there.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Zero,

Yes, I agree. I think TT should have done more to try to keep Walker, imo. I hope the same thing doesn't happen with Al Harris.

Keyshawn would definitely be a big upgrade over who..? Ruvell Martin? Taco Wallace? If his numbers are as good as Jennings, that would make him the #2 receiver. And don't get upset, I'm not saying he should replace Jennings, just that Jennings is a rookie, and it would've helped to have another experienced vet playing alongside him, taking the pressure off of him.

I agree that if you want to argue about WR's then keeping Walker is the valid point. I don't think T.T. screwed up by trading Walker last year. He may of screwed up the year before by not giving him the deal after his Pro Bowl season. Though I read nobody on the Packers front office was for giving him a deal. From the Head Coach Mike Sherman to the GM Ted Thompson. The odds were stacked against Walker.

The contract signed by Johnson is overpriced for a #3 WR. He's not worth that kind of money to be the Packers #3 WR. Like I said. With or without Keyshawn, this team is not much better.

Also factor in Johnson did not want to play for us. He signed with Carolina rather quickly and wanted to go to a Super Bowl contender. Didn't exactly go as planned for him but at the time that was his goal.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Porky,

I guess I should have said.."Like a Keyshawn Johnson"...type player...

I'm just suggesting like a Moulds or Dante Stallworth...anyone who is a solid move the chains type receiver...a savvy vet who knows how to get open...or a guy who can stretch the field...A guy who's good for about 65-70 catches per year..

You have to admit, the Packers haven't really had any good #3 or #4 receivers who are consistant in awhile...

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Porky,

I guess I should have said.."Like a Keyshawn Johnson"...type player...

I'm just suggesting like a Moulds or Dante Stallworth...anyone who is a solid move the chains type receiver...a savvy vet who knows how to get open...or a guy who can stretch the field...A guy who's good for about 65-70 catches per year..

You have to admit, the Packers haven't really had any good #3 or #4 receivers who are consistant in awhile...

I would be happy with a Mike Furrey (he becomes a FA after this year) and KRob back. We go from mediocre to four wide kick butt real fast.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With our young OLine we were never gonna be running 4 Wide sets this year, i dont think a third WR is that important to use unless its for substitutions.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
At least 3 legitimate WR's in a pattern would be nice, though....once in a while..!!!

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
At least 3 legitimate WR's in a pattern would be nice, though....once in a while..!!!

When is the last time we had 3 legitimate NFL receivers on the field at one time? In Favre's career? Look hard boys, because I don't it has ever happened. Driver, Walker, and Fergy I guess. But I consider Fergy a one legged man in an *** kicking contest.

I get pissed sometimes at Favre's decision making, but can any of these bafoons running the show at 1265 Lombardi surround him with some legitimate talent.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:

When is the last time we had 3 legitimate NFL receivers on the field at one time? In Favre's career? Look hard boys, because I don't it has ever happened. Driver, Walker, and Fergy I guess. But I consider Fergy a one legged man in an *** kicking contest.

I get pissed sometimes at Favre's decision making, but can any of these bafoons running the show at 1265 Lombardi surround him with some legitimate talent.

1996 - Robert Brooks, Antonio Freeman and Andre Rison. (Brooks was hurt in game 7 --- Rison came in late in the season)

2002 - Terry Glenn, Donald Driver and Javon Walker

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
P@ck66 said:

1996 - Robert Brooks, Antonio Freeman and Andre Rison. (Brooks was hurt in game 7 --- Rison came in late in the season)

2002 - Terry Glenn, Donald Driver and Javon Walker

True...

Kind of few and far between though..don't you think?

Members online

Latest posts